Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133352 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #120 on: February 7, 2006, 07:22 AM »
Who thinks we need a retooled Speeder Bike to go with the SA Biker Scout!!!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 7, 2006, 08:34 AM »
Offer only good in the US.
Well F%^& you too hasbro!!!
Good to see that we acknowledge that there is a collecting community outside the US.
The biker scout better be packed  in solid cases , cause they are gonna fly
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 7, 2006, 09:14 AM »
Is it just me, or does Han look like the first VOTC version with a new cloak?

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 7, 2006, 09:24 AM »
I was most looking forward to Mr. Sandperson.  I'm curious to see what style it is, and if there is some good articulation, I'm happy. Yeah I've seen better robes, or whatever you want to call it, burka wrap, but I'm just glad to see the VOTC card.

If the Biker Scout looks good out of the package and posed, then hooray.

Luke looks the most toyish of the bunch.

Han will be the one you can find on clearance.

Greedo, I can't refuse another Greedo, even if his vest is kinda stylish.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #124 on: February 7, 2006, 09:43 AM »

Nope the VOTC ANH Han has a more open, undershirt.

I dig the Greedo vest… it looks very 70s ish

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 7, 2006, 09:47 AM »
Who thinks we need a retooled Speeder Bike to go with the SA Biker Scout!!!

Only if the hips are articulated like the Tank Gunners. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 7, 2006, 10:53 AM »

Nope the VOTC ANH Han has a more open, undershirt.

Plus this one's sleeves go all the way to his wrists, the ANH version was a mid forearm type.

I just hope they didn't un-articulate the Tusken Raider with the rationalization that they gave us such a "cool" cloak.

Also remember when VOTC came out wasn't there rumors or even pictures of a Han Endor.  Perhaps this one has been in the works for 2 years now. 

At least the next couple waves are Prequel waves so I can skip most of them and save up for the Dozen Scouts and Tuskens I am going to need.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 7, 2006, 10:58 AM »

I thought the same thing although I don't have the first version to compare it to.

I'm loving them all! I just hope there's enough of them to go around  :-\. The competition for the Scouts and Tusken Raiders is going to be FIERCE!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 7, 2006, 11:03 AM »
Don't worry Ray I'll help. Help get 'em all that is! 8)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: February 7, 2006, 11:07 AM »

Notice the shirt…

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 7, 2006, 11:14 AM »
Can someone refresh my memory... is there an expected time-frame when these should start showing up?  It'd be nice if it was after tax time...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #131 on: February 7, 2006, 11:16 AM »
I assume we'll find out this weekend after Toyfair

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 7, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Very nice surprise to see these pictures today.  I'm hoping we get some loose shots at Toy Fair this weekend, then we'll have an even better idea.  Overall though, I'm quite happy.  I'm just glad that we're seeing this line continue.  A few less than stellar figures aside (from the first wave), the overall line is probably one of my favorite parts of my collection...and I hope that this wave does well enough that we'll continue to see more of these in the future.  Sure, I'm not crazy about the likely $10 pricepoint either, but if we get really nice figures, I'd rather have them that way than not at all.  I'm one that wouldn't mind seeing the majority of the vintage line made in this fashion too, even though it could/would get pricey.  Anyways..the figures:

Luke (X-Wing) - One of the best of the bunch, and I can't wait to get him.  The sculpt, articulation, and accessories all look great and worlds better than the POTJ version.

Han (Endor) - This was my favorite figure as a kid, and I've really been looking forward to a new version.  I think it will be great, and probably articulated just as much as the first VOTC version.  The trenchcoat might look slightly large in the bubble, but as many have said, its hard to judge figures like this one carded.  A loose shot will give us a better idea.  Either way, I'm really looking forward to it.

Biker Scout - Wow.  What else can be said that hasn't been already?  It looks great, and I'm sure its going to be hellacious to get a hold of.  Hopefully everyone can find what they are looking for.  I'd like to get 5 or so of them, but I wanted a lot more than the 2 VOTC Stormies I have too ;).  Hopefully he can sit on a speeder bike...about time for Hasbro to put one of those out alongside these, isn't it?  The figure looks great to me though.

Tusken Raider - It looks pretty good to me.  Again, we'll have to see about the soft goods.  It looks sort of poofy, but it might not be as bad loose.  I know that the VOTC Obi-Wan looked that way on the card, but mine looks fine standing loose.  I've always kind of liked soft goods where appropriate anyways, so I'm optimistic.  Hopefully he's well articulated as well, which I would think he would be.

Greedo - Not too bad of a figure really, but I'm not overly excited.  The "felt" vest seems kind of unnecessary, but I guess its something different if nothing else.  I'll pick one up, but I'm guessing this is the definite pegwarmer of the wave.

Overall they look great to me, and I'm glad to see this line continue.  Hopefully we'll have another wave or something later in the year, with some Empire Strikes Back figures (or even POTF).  The $10 price does kind of stink, but like I said, I'd rather have them this way than not at all.  Heck, if the line scaled back someday to just being 20 or so of these type of figures each year, it wouldn't be so bad.  Hopefully we'll see more at Toy Fair.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #133 on: February 7, 2006, 11:26 AM »
I was thinking since this is a non-movie year, are these really gonna stay at the $10 pricepoint or are we going to get bent over these?  ???

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 7, 2006, 11:56 AM »
for those that say instead of Greedo we should've gotten a DS sqaud commander >:(  are you guys crazy.  sure it'd be cool to get an SA version of him but come on army building him and the scout trooper @ $10-12 a pop  :'(  han definately has potential, i'm not really one for the trench coat either plastic or cloth either way it's comin' off.  Greedo  :-\ scout trooper  ;D gonna have to start playing the lotto and recycling those cans and bottles to get as many of these guys as i want.  can anybody say BARC Trooper repaints?  and if Hasblow is smart they'll rerelease him in that paint scheme for $6.99 and we'll all be pissed that we army built him for $10-12 instead of waiting to get him for $6.99 and just repainting him ourselves.  sand dude-opinion at a later date.  Luke kicks ass, but is it just me or does he look super pissed.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge