Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 134286 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #255 on: March 6, 2006, 11:09 PM »
ok could not wait...they are Toys..they are meant to be opened....

Sorry the pictures are bad, my wife has a really good camera, but I don't know JACK about photography....if anybody has request shots let me know.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #256 on: March 6, 2006, 11:20 PM »
Paul, nicely done man, nicely done...  Thanks for sharing these amazing photos.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 6, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Bad photos?  I don't think so Paul - they look pretty sweet to me!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 6, 2006, 11:28 PM »
Man, that's awesome. Too bad about the swivel elbows though. But the good news is that the coat is MUCH less poofy out of the package.

Thanks for the pics!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #259 on: March 6, 2006, 11:37 PM »
 :o Wow, thanks for cracking him open and sharing pics, Paul. I'm much, much more excited to get this figure now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 6, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Great pics Paul, he looks super.  8)

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 6, 2006, 11:53 PM »
 :o :o :o

Cool pics. Thanks.

Too bad about the swivel joint elbows, I was hoping for ball joints.

Oh well I still need to get a half a dozen or so. ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 6, 2006, 11:55 PM »
But the good news is that the coat is MUCH less poofy out of the package.

Agreed.  He looks really great here:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 7, 2006, 12:35 AM »
I knew it, swivel elbows. :(

Thanks for the photos. He looks soooo much better now.  :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #264 on: March 7, 2006, 12:42 AM »
I'm sure you guys know I'm the biggest articulation champion out there probably...  Or the one who yaps about it the most anyway.  ;)  I'm not that bothered by Hasbro's use of the angle-cut elbow articulation here...  It blends with the folds of the shirt really nicely, so the joint's completely obscured by the choice of articulation and the savvy sculpting of the guy who made the figure by hand.

The ball/socket elbows would be better but I've actually come down on that over the past year to where I don't NEED it as much as I used to...  I think angle-cut elbow articulation is something Hasbro does really well, it's versatile for a number of great action poses and neutral poses, and it's something I am ok with...  

The rest of that beautiful sculpt is great though...  Ball joints everywhere else, sculpt that is simply outstanding...

Paul, is his bandoleir set a separate pice that's glued to the figure, or removable or something?  The sculpt is either so crisp and sharp that it looks like it's literally a separately sculpted piece stuck on the figure, or it actually is that and we just didn't know it.

If it is somehow removable, that figure shot up an additional point for me...  For customizing reasons that would just be amazing.

Eitehr way though, I have to say that I wasn't all that worried about the robe from early photos even though there were concerns voiced on its poofy qualities...  The pics you took show that it's a very managible piece of fabric though Paul, and looks incredible and realistic on the figure.  That's some of Hasbro's nicest use of "softgoods" ever, and that says a lot after the 2005 Jedi figures like the skirts on Luminara and Shaak.  

Thanks so much for the images Paul, nicely done man.  Where'd you nab that at again exactly?  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 7, 2006, 01:09 AM »

Wow, you managed to make the puffy cloak actually look good!

Thanks again for the pictures Paul.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 7, 2006, 01:48 AM »
Well, I was about as wrong as one could be on this figure - it looks just about PERFECT.  That means I'm going to want about a dozen of them.  Geeze.   ;)

:P

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #267 on: March 7, 2006, 02:32 AM »
I take back all the bad things I said about this figure earlier.

And I also nominate Paul to set up all of Hasbro's Toy Fair displays from now on.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #268 on: March 7, 2006, 04:37 AM »
Wow.  This looks perfect.  Right out of the movie in some of those pics.  I thought I was passing on him -- no way now.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 7, 2006, 08:01 AM »
is his bandoleir set a separate pice that's glued to the figure, or removable or something?  The sculpt is either so crisp and sharp that it looks like it's literally a separately sculpted piece stuck on the figure, or it actually is that and we just didn't know it.

The bandolier is removable (from a certain point of view)  The "x" harness of ammo pouches is a separate piece but it does not have a tab or anything to make it easily removable..I think you could "pop" the arms off and it would slip right off.  BUT here is the problem...the "x" is molded in the chest and back making grooves so that it sits in the chest/back better.  So you could take it off but you would have a chest with an "x" shaped channel on it.

I'll see if I can get some good close up shots of it after work this afternoon.

Wow, you managed to make the puffy cloak actually look good!

The great thing about this coat is that you can put it in just about any pose you want and due to the "gauze" nature it will stick.  You can pretty much tuck it in anywhere you want and it stays.

And I also nominate Paul to set up all of Hasbro's Toy Fair displays from now on.

It is amazing what can be done when you've actually seen the movie the toys are based on. ;)

I think you can probably do a really good "sniper" pose with him too, but I could not figure out a way to do that, so that is why he is firing the rifle from a standing position.

The accessories are the really soft plastic stuff (hence the bent rifle barrel). 

I did not get any photos of it, but the waist is articulated in the standard fashion.  The waist ammo belt and skirt are removable as well.  But I think once removed they might be off for good, so I did not attempt it.

I have gone full circle on this one...I was really excited to see it listed on the VOTC list, then a little let down by the photos, because like most of us I saw the coat as too puffy.  Now that I have it, I am back to really liking it and wanting more. 11 more to be precise.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2006, 08:02 AM by pmundheim »