Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 134386 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #420 on: April 10, 2006, 05:57 PM »
I went out of town Thursday (the 6th) and didn't see any of these, so unless I go out of town again soon enough, I'll be waiting and hoping for these to pop up at our Wal Mart.

I'll have to be sure to check the whole aisle, since it seems the VTSCs are getting their own pegs at least in certain places, rather than mingling with the TSC figures.

I certainly hope that's right about the Wal Mart prices being $11; TSC figures have gone up to $6.60ish ("order 66 d00ds!" Sorry, bad reference to a refererence joke >.<) now it seems.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:59 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Han in the most disappointing figure in the bunch in my opinion. Same head sculpt, legs, holster and hands (modified for this sculpt) as the first VOTC and his shirt sculpt doesn't quite capture Han's look in ROTJ.

Different head sculpts.  Although I'd say I kind of wish they'd have just used the first head-sculpt in this instance, it looks better IMO.  With the coat on I'd say that the Han is my second favorite of the bunch.

You know, I held both of mine up togeather and only noticed the paint difference. Must have had the lights down. I can see the difference now, but it dosn't seem all that much. I think I would have like the Saga Carbonite head better. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 07:44 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #423 on: April 11, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Has anyone else had problems opening the clamshells? I opened my first of two Biker Scouts and I had to tear apart the clamshell to get to the card. I see that the clamshell design is slightly different from the VOTC line in that there are indentations along the edges where there should be tape. I don't see any tape at all, so it's a bit more difficult to get these guys open. While I'm a loose collector, I've displayed all the VOTC cards in their clamshells as a sort of wallpaper and wanted to do the same with the VTSC. Any help here on this before I go opening the rest would be great. Thanks!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 12, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Has anyone else had problems opening the clamshells? I opened my first of two Biker Scouts and I had to tear apart the clamshell to get to the card.

I had to do that with my Biker Scout clamshell too... Apparently it's to prevent people from stealing the POPs and Redemption cards.

:P

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 12, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Yeah, there is definitely no salvaging these clamshells. I cut around the complete outer edge to get my figures out.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 13, 2006, 10:09 AM »
I've actually cut the back portion on the clam shell. Not that I need to display them, or don't have extras from the stormie army, but It does allow one to remove the card and slip it back in if needed and have it look perfect from the front.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #427 on: April 13, 2006, 10:54 AM »
For those who don't always check the front page (shame on you!  >:(), I thought I'd let you know that Jared's worked his way though all five of the VTSC figures.  Click the thumbnails below to check them out if for some reason you haven't been checking already!   :P

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #428 on: April 13, 2006, 11:08 AM »
I hadn't noticed it yet (and I don't know if it's been mentioned yet), but I'm glad that they kept the "Sand People" nomenclature on all the packaging.

"Tusken Raider" is cool and all, but I kind of like the quaintness of the old school names. . .
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:13 AM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 13, 2006, 11:23 AM »
Man, everytime I check out your images I want to go out and buy the props he uses!

This image rocks!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:24 AM by ruiner »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #430 on: April 13, 2006, 11:51 AM »
A lot of sweet shots in there Jared... I can't wait to shoot these guys as well!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #431 on: April 13, 2006, 08:04 PM »
Very nice pictures. 8)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 13, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Annatar, a member here and fellow collector in Utah found the VTSC in Utah today at a TRU for $9.99! Good find!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 13, 2006, 11:13 PM »
More awsome pictures, Jared! Thanks.

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 13, 2006, 11:18 PM »
i found them all.
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.