Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133340 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #510 on: May 4, 2006, 08:31 PM »

It really seems like the Luke X-Wing is a pretty good seller, at least around here.  Maybe that is due to his figure having the "redemption form", or just because he's popular. 

I thought about that.  I don't think it's for the redemption form, because someone who cares about the redemption form for the Lucas Stormie also must have equal need for all 5 figures, since each has a necessary piece for the Lucas.  You can't just buy Luke for the redemption form and leave Han and Greedo, and still get the Lucas.

The funny thing is, I'm actually army building Greedo to a degree.  I'm sitting on 4, 1 for Han to blow away, and a couple at least for Jabba's confrontation of Han outside the Falcon in Docking Bay 94.  I watched the DVD, the rodians with Jabba in that scene are actually wearing the exact same outfit and vest as Greedo.

Must be a popular name brand jumpsuit on Planet Rodia or wherever the hell they're from.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
VOTC2 Endor Han
« Reply #511 on: May 5, 2006, 08:15 PM »
Can anyone who has one take a pic of him in Carbonite frozen position?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #512 on: May 7, 2006, 12:32 AM »
On a somewhat related note.  I just took the Cloak from the new SAGA Obi-Wan and used it on the VOTC Ben from last year.  This is how it should of been down.  It looks fantastic.  Goodbye poofy coat.  It also works fabulously on the ROTS Mace.
Thanks for the tip Jim, I bought a couple extra Obi's and gave them away to VOTC Ben and Mace, they do look great!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2006, 02:00 PM »
I'm not sure if it is just an isolated incident, or hitting at the right time, but I was able to stop by our local Target both yesterday and today, and both times they had several of each of these figures on the pegs (even Biker Scouts).  I think there was a fresh stocking yesterday morning, and it looks like they may have gotten even more today.  The thing is, it doesn't seem like much - if anything - has sold yet.  I'm curious if the higher pricepoint (particularly the $12 at Target) is scaring people off a little more this time around.  Target seemed to have at least 3, if not 6 or more, of each of the 5 figures in this wave.  WM hasn't gotten any new stock since their endcap, and I'm not sure if they will.  The remaining figures (Greedos and Hans) are stuck away on a little hanging rack down by the car models.  TRU has about five figures (Han, Greedo, Luke), but I haven't been there for a few days now.

Again, like I said, maybe its just my area - or I just happened to hit the store at the right time and they'll be all gone by the weekend - but it seems like these have been easier to locate than the VOTC ever was in my area.  I've now seen the Biker Scout on four seperate occasions, and I only saw 1 VOTC Stormtrooper - 1 time, which I picked up.  Same with Chewie and R2-D2.  Bear in mind, I'm not complaining, its nice being able to find these great figures - and it makes it easier to possibly pick up extras down the road - but is anyone else seeing these more frequently than the VOTC figures, is price a factor?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #514 on: May 10, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Neither of the Wal-Marts near me have had a single case of VTSC, there has been no endcap. The TRU has put them out once. They have gotten multiple other cases in but none have made it to the pegs. The employee I asked said that they had been selling them by the case rather then putting them out on the shelves. But supposedly they are stocking later this week because there are a few cases coming in that don't have holds. I see more of these at Target becuase they do seem to get it in fairly rgularly and it seels pretty well with the exception of a few Greedos and a Han or two.
"This is the way."

SilverZ

« Reply #515 on: May 10, 2006, 06:37 PM »
I've been a bit startled by the staying power of Han and the Tusken at my closest Target. There are at least 4 of each on the pegs, with about 6 Greedos, which is not a surprise to anyone to see sitting.

They were selling fine until TRU and Walmart started carrying the line at $9.99, so I'm inclined to think that the additional $2 premium for the priveledge of buying at Target is keeping them on the pegs. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #516 on: May 11, 2006, 02:27 AM »
I noticed Luke is gone at all my stores locally too...  Even before the Scout, Luke seems to go.  My theory is it's people thinking that the form makes him worth more...  Holding him for scalper ransom basically.

The Scout I've seen one time.  There's locals picking him out routinely, which is to be expected, but I think it's maybe becoming overkill for some people's tastes.

I have seen the other 3 in the wave once, but then again Target is the only store stocking them routinely and with dedicated space for the VTSC, so the others could be getting them in sporatically or not at all.  Hell my WM just put figures out this week for the first time since about mid-April or so...  They'd be back to bare pegs for a few weeks at least.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 11, 2006, 11:24 AM »
but then again Target is the only store stocking them routinely and with dedicated space for the VTSC

That's something I've noticed here as well Jesse.  The first VTSC I found were at TRU, and at the time there was one peg for them labeled (vintage Star Wars).  Since they sold out, that tag was taken away.  They've gotten a few more in stock last time I was there, but there's no specific peg for them.  Like I've mentioned before, Wal-Mart has just stuffed their remaining Hans and Greedos on a hanging rack near the model cars (opposite end of the aisle from the Star Wars figures).  Target has three pegs (four if you count the Demise of Grievous peg - which just have VTSC on it) currently stocked full of the VTSC.  As I mentioned in a different thread here - despite the higher prices, Target has definitely treated Star Wars the best of the retailers in our area.  A nice, consistent dedicated space to them - and they've been stocking somewhat well this year - although the basic figure situation has been basically Bren Derlin and the Geo Bugs for a little while now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 11, 2006, 11:28 AM »
The Walmarts here had an endcap going with VTSC, and when the endcaps sold out, the Greedos and Hans just got tossed into the SW section.  There has been no restocking and there are no specific pegs for the VTSC.  I think it was a one shot endcap deal.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 11, 2006, 01:09 PM »
Just read at Yakface that the VTSC (all five) are currently up at Amazon - $10.99 each, if you are still looking.

There has been no restocking and there are no specific pegs for the VTSC.  I think it was a one shot endcap deal.

That's the same situation here, and I was wondering if it might be a "one and done" deal with Wal-Mart.  Maybe its just locally, but our Wal-Marts don't seem to really give much space/concern to the Star Wars lines.  If it wasn't for the Transformers, Choppers, and Unleashed Battle Packs, there would barely even be a Star Wars section.  I think there is two pegs for basic figures, and that's about it.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 11, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Well I just got back from Target on my lunch break.  I saw all of these except for of course the Biker Scout and Luke. 

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #521 on: May 11, 2006, 08:25 PM »
Same here.  Luke and the scout do not stick around too long but some of my local Targets have 5 tuskens and Hans.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 12, 2006, 07:36 AM »
My pegs at the closest WM's have stickers that say "non-replenishable"

Target is swimming with Han's, Greedos and Tusken's.  The Tusken surprises me a bit.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 12, 2006, 08:51 AM »
Yes, I am surprised about the Sand People.  Although I would assume people are just wanting to build up their Scout Troopers first and then hit the Raiders?

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 14, 2006, 12:08 AM »
I got my tusken, he rules! ;D
Yo is what yo is.