Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 3594 times)

Offline MJones

• Youngling
  • You can go about your business. Move along.
    • View Profile
Greetings!
« on: May 6, 2006, 12:48 AM »
Hey all, first post here, wanted to say "hi" in the n00b forum before I head over to the other forums/threads. :)

I'm pretty much a lifelong SW fan, didn't collect after '83 except for a few figs around '95-'96, got into it again last year with ROTS.  My wife puts up with it for the most part. 

Mofo

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2006, 06:44 AM »
Did they edit your name? ???

Offline MJones

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2006, 10:56 AM »
Yes, Ook.   They asked me to change it to something less offensive.  First complaint I've ever received about it.   Oh well, it's their site and thus their rules apply.  :)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Welcome to JD MJones. Name's Reid, don wear it out.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Yes, Ook.   They asked me to change it to something less offensive.  First complaint I've ever received about it.   Oh well, it's their site and thus their rules apply.  :)

That's a shame. :( How about just "Mofo"...?

Offline MJones

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 6, 2006, 10:25 PM »
I'd be ok with that, but something tells me that was what they found offensive. 

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 6, 2006, 10:37 PM »
I'd be ok with that, but something tells me that was what they found offensive. 

I was thinking it was its coupling with Jones that they found to be too racial for comfort. Oh well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: May 8, 2006, 02:03 AM »
MJones is working for us...  Not a deal anyone was terribly upset with but it is against our rules here so we stick by our guns.  Ironic we have relaxed rules with language, but we also make that a voluntary choice on the part of the user to turn on/off their filter as they see fit...

It's the way we run things is all Jones, no offense and I'm glad to see you understand and are ok with it.  We're relaxed but our rules are in place and taken seriously by the staff and such... 

Anyway, glad you're aboard, good to see you here...  I've seen your nick (the full one) before, so I'm familiar with you...  It's nice to not be walking in unknown I suppose. :)

Anyway, look around and enjoy the forums...  Seek out what you like and post away.  If you've got any questions or anything feel free to drop a line to the staff.  As I always like to say, we're active on our boards, so we're around and accessible to the membership generally.  And of course, have fun and enjoy yourself man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MJones

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 8, 2006, 12:42 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, Hunter, Ook, and Jesse James.

I've seen your nick (the full one) before, so I'm familiar with you...  It's nice to not be walking in unknown I suppose.

Where?  RebelScum?  Fark?  VoodooPC? 

Like I said, no big deal about the name.  Glad to be here. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 8, 2006, 05:08 PM »
Rebelscum I think...

You've signed on there long after most of us called it quits though.  A lot of the membership here are from there from years ago before RS took over those message boards and stuff...  Long story, but there's a lot of old members from there here now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MJones

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 8, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Yeah, I've been on Rebelscum for a little over a year now.   If you happen to browse there, you might see my posts.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #11 on: May 9, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Welcome to JD... I was booted out of RS sometime in '03, I believe, so I'm looking forward to getting to know you here.

8)