Author Topic: Lack of new figures bringing boredom?  (Read 8914 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of new figures bringing boredom?
« Reply #15 on: May 7, 2006, 08:31 AM »
I'm still searching for Scorch and VTSC Greedo...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2006, 09:08 AM »
After the insane amount of stuff that's come out in the first third of the year, I've been enjoying the break.

For the first time I can remember, you can chalk me up in this column.  In the past 2 weeks I spent $330 on VTSC alone, not to mention the basic figures where I probably dropped another $150.  I've actually started leaving some Utapau clones behind, which is new to me, because there comes a point where I just don't want to spend any more money.  And I refuse to use any credit cards, I pay all cash.  By the time Tatooine comes out, I'll be long over it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Ok, I see that you like the break because your 'wallet can have a rest', but just forget about the money. What I'm trying to ask you is are you getting bored of the figures that are out, or maybe you're bored because all of you purists are dying to end the Coruscant wave madness?
« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 11:00 AM by Roton7 »
Yo is what yo is.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Am I bored with the figures that are out? I would say yes. I have everything that I want from what has been released so I am ready to move on. I picked up two more biker scouts yesterday for customs of Gree's troops, so now I'll have 3 of his troops to go with a modified Gree. Now I need to find the time to customize. 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2006, 01:19 PM »
Yeah, I'm a bit bored.  I don't buy repacks, and as much as I love the VTSC figs, I own a version or two of all of the characters already.  What I enjoy most are new figures of characters or costumes we've never seen before.  Those have been in short supply this year.  Even the great upcoming Tatoomine wave has only ONE never before made figure.  So, yes, I'm a bit bored, but the product that I do buy has been great.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2006, 02:06 PM »
I need VTSC Greedo, Scorch, Cody, Kenobi, Utapau, and then I'll be bored.

I'm still hunting with a renewed vigor now that I've found new figs.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2006, 08:18 PM »
I'll be less bored when the OT waves hit, they have way less repacks than the PT waves do.

Can't wait for Hem Dazon, Garindan, and Hammerhead! ;D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Well to be truthful the only figures I really want right now are the VOTCs or whatever they are labeled nowadays.  Although the Tatooine wave will snap me out of it.  That and the search for the Red Shocktrooper, Black ClonePilot, and Tact Ops Trooper (I think he's supposed to come out this summer?).  Whenver those are supposed to hit.  I am in a bit of funk right now about 3 3/4 figures but it happens from time to time and I snap out of it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: May 8, 2006, 02:57 AM »
Yeah I'm not too too bored here...  :)  I can use the break.  I found VTSC for the first time at retail tonight myself, and I was happy to not go nuts buying them...  I'm caught up on basics, so now I just need an extra here and there and am not compelled to go to stores as much.

The big score I keep hoping for is VTSC at a decent price ($9.99) at some point...  It's been a driving force to do any toy runs really here lately.

I like the break though.  It's letting me catch up financially to a bit of too many irons in the fire here the last 2 months.  I'm getting more crap done around my collection room(s) too, and house work that's needing my attention.  With my toy runs taking a minimum of 45 mins one way, that saves me time and money here with a slow down.  That's good for me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 8, 2006, 10:00 AM »
Although I'm really looking forward to the Tatooine wave (and Endor for that matter), I don't mind a little break here either.  I'm almost caught up for what is out right now, aside from Cody and the Skirmish pack, and once I find those I can take a breather.  The break in the "regular" figures sometimes makes it tempting to keep picking up more VTSC when I see them though.  If I'd see more Scouts, I'd probably do just that.  The Tuskens are getting tempting at this point too though.  But, like others have said, the slowdown is ok with me too.  Like I've said before, I wouldn't mind if we got fewer figures throughout the year, just at a nice steady pace, it would be easier on the ol' checkbook ;).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 01:17 AM »
Yeah, VTSC is why I go on the hunt right now...  That and I'm still army building Clones when I have money and they're available, so it's balancing out financially for me.  I'm actually ok for a month here, haha.

It's a good feeling...  I did have to trade for things this year though and that sucks.  I like finding this stuff, not trading for it.  At least I've managed to unload a number of things I didn't need to get things I do need though...  Still it'd be nice to actually SEE Scorch on the pegs to get my customizing one. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 07:22 PM »
I am really bored right now.

All I need to be up to date is UGH Han, Boba and Vader. I can lve with out them but I knda want to finish what I started. I found 7 in stores and refuse to buy them off scalpers.
C'mon Tatooine wave where are you???????

It really is addictive like crack. After 14 years of collecting you would think I have enough. I am not even 30 yet. I will have to buy another house to store this stuff.........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/