Author Topic: It's not every day you get to see your favorite movie on the Big Screen.  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
So, my favorite movie is The Boondock Saints. I get a phone call from my friend telling me that there is a one night only showing on May 22nd, for The Boondock Saints. I thought he was busting my balls. Now, holding the ticket and checking the Regal Cinema's website, I find it is truth!

I'm so excited about this. So has anyone else had the chance to see a movie they liked, but never got to see on the Big Screen the first time around, on said Big Screen?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
Yeppers. One night only, Halloween 2003, AmStar Cinemas nationwide was showing the DC of "Alien", before the Quadrilogy was released.

THAT was a blast, and yes, the theatre was packed.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Kevin, have you seen Overnight yet? If you like Boombock Saints, it a must.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
So, my favorite movie is The Boondock Saints. I get a phone call from my friend telling me that there is a one night only showing on May 22nd, for The Boondock Saints. I thought he was busting my balls. Now, holding the ticket and checking the Regal Cinema's website, I find it is truth!

I'm so excited about this. So has anyone else had the chance to see a movie they liked, but never got to see on the Big Screen the first time around, on said Big Screen?

Kevin

OH DEAR GOD! I need to find out if there is a showing near me... As for my favorites on the big screen, I got to check out Evil Dead II about 2 years ago. That was a blast! And I recently saw A Clockwork Orange. Everything is always so much better on the big screen...
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 01:05 PM by Madcow »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Cannibal Holocaust about 3 years ago.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
The OT Special Editions in '97.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile

90 minutes of Troy Duffy bitching, pissing, and moaning.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
The local movie theater here does a special midnight showing of some great classic movies.  I haven't been able to make it yet, but it's nice to know the option is there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Cannibal Holocaust about 3 years ago.

Oof that must have been interesting. I haven't seen that in yeeeeeaaaaars....

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile

90 minutes of Troy Duffy bitching, pissing, and moaning.

Sure, but more importantly, pissing away the sweetest deal of his life. :P

Living in LA, there are always opportunities to see any movie on the big screen. One of my highlights was seeing 2001: a Space Odyssey a few years back sitting next to and chatting with Lawrence Bender and having Timothy Leary in the audience.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Regarding Troy Duffy, he went to school with my nephew.  I had a chance to meet him years ago. At the time he had just began writing Boondock and let me tell you the guy is a first class Dick.  Its not surprising that he is currently residing in the "where are they now files".