Author Topic: iPod-racing  (Read 84914 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: iPod-racing
« Reply #315 on: September 17, 2009, 12:46 AM »
Something similar happened to me last year, I ended up getting a 8GB Nano. It was only around $150 and is perfect since I don't deal with movies and my music library isn't that big (at least what I put on my iPod). I think 16GB are around $200-250, but it all depends on the model/size you want really.

I actually think they just released a new generation of iPods with built in video cameras... at least that was something I briefly noticed in an Apple email before I deleted it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2009, 10:35 AM »
Why not just get a Zune HD? It's the same as an iPod Touch but with HD radio, HD compatible video, XBox360 compatibilty, better interface and multitouch OLED screen. It costs less and the best part is it's not made by Apple. It's made by the other great Satan, Microsoft.

http://www.amazon.com/Zune-Video-MP3-Player-Black/dp/B002JPITXY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1253194366&sr=8-1
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 9, 2009, 06:04 PM »
The university where I work had a contest to promote their podcast site/facebook fan page.  They've been running a game for months centered around the idea of space aliens, and they asked for the photographic evidence of an alien on campus.  I photoshopped up this picture of our university President shaking hands with a visiting faculty member:

I won the contest, and I'm now the proud owner of a alien green, 16gig, 5th gen Ipod Nano. 

Great way to end the week.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 9, 2009, 11:59 PM »
That's hysterical!  Congratulations!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 1, 2010, 04:26 PM »
At Apple's music event press conference, Apple annoced a new iPod Touch. It's basically an iPhone 4 without the phone.

They also replaced the iPod Nano with a 2" screen version.

Apple TV gets updated to a smaller streaming only version with no Hdd for $99.

They also updated the iTunes logo and came out with a music social site called Ping. Now you can Bing Ping!

It also sounds like the iPod Classic is RIP.

All the Cool New Stuff From Apple Today

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 2, 2010, 06:59 AM »
Not sure if killing the iPod classic was a good idea...not everyone has an iPhone and not everyone wants an iPad.  My 8 GB nano has reached full capacity so I may have to check out the new nanos.  Not sure if I like the idea of a touch screen version or not.  I am hoping the power adapter connector is the same size so I won't have to buy a new car stereo interface.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Apple released a 16gb ipod touch without a front facing camera for $229. This replaces the remaining "cheap" 4th generation 16gb model. Not sure why anyone would want this considering a Nexus 7 is $199 and does much more.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/30/apple-unveils-new-ipod-touch/

Also 100 million iPods have been sold since 2007.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:20 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 30, 2013, 03:19 PM »
I ditched my ipod nano and got a 64 GB iPhone 5.  I wonder if the ipod is on the way out with things like the ipad and touch.  Considering the nano hasn't gone past 16 GB, it doesn't really seem that viable anymore.