Author Topic: Whats on the Slab? ( D_E's WIPs)  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Whats on the Slab? ( D_E's WIPs)
« on: May 9, 2006, 04:31 PM »
Since I cant find my old WIP thread I guess Ill have to start  a new one.

These are all in various stages of completion, But suggestions are always welcome.

Finally a WIP of my Fe-mando.

Next is NJO Luke

Lewt me know what you think.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Whats on the Slab? ( D_E's WIPs)
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2006, 06:06 PM »
I like the WIPs, but I have to confess that NJO Luke doesn't look anything like General Reiken :)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 2006, 06:07 PM »
No offense but right now luke looks like hes been hanging out with puff the magic dragon. ;) The fem Mando looks really good nice use of tons of different parts, I probably could not even identify them all.

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 03:33 AM »
Yeah! The Fe-mando rocks dude!! I've never tried (exept for one fig) to build a female custom. 'Cause most of what I've seen online just sucks... I'm sorry but it's a lot harder mixing female parts then mixing males. But you dud a fantastic job mixing together that fe-mando dude! Can't wait to see it painted. Care to provide uw with a recipe?
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Very impressive wip for your female mando. I think she is going to turn out great. Are you going to modify the head any or stay with the anime style? Looks like your going to keep the middrift. I also amazed how you turned that General Reiken base into NJO Luke. Smartypants is right, it does look like a stoned version of Luke. Someday I'm going to have to make one of those. (and the Vong too)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 09:58 AM »
I like the parts choice on Luke but the hair seems um... bleached.  Actually it kind of reminds me of Mirth from Mage.  Can't wait to see the finished products.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 03:56 PM »
 ;D I didn't get the Reiken joke till I looked at the base.  That was the only one that I had handy.

AS for the Luke head its not painted yet, but Im not entirely happy with it anyway. I am looking for a jedi lukes head to put on it but so far I have been unsuccessful. :'( Anyone got one to spare?

As for the femando This is kind of my own nod to Fritzkreigs sexy animae troops.
Im going to paint her eyes the same color though. I thought about covering the middrif but I kinda like it that way.

As for her peices parts go:
Body: Rots Aayla secura.
Boots: Scarlett
Arms: Baroness
Head: Rinoha Heartly (FFX-2)
Armo: Sculpy
Cape: Robin
Gauntlets and Shoulder armor: POTF2 Fett

This one is a far cry from her predecessor, the parts from that one have been locked away. :-[

I am also currently working on a Vong, 2 actually. One to pilot the coralskipper im working on for the May challenge, and one Warrior. I finally completed my collection of NJO hardcovers so I finally started reading them. I'm about 4 books into the sereis right now and I cant put them down.

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 08:24 PM »
Nice WIPS can't wait to see them finished! Also, I'm sending you a PM I forgot to send last week.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 04:51 AM »
These are looking pretty good Ennis, and a nice start.  I was assuming there was painting to go on them, so that's good to hear.

I'm not sure on Luke's hair.  It looks good on one hand, on the other hand it looks a little bit large...  Like flock of seagulls for some reason. :)  All meant in good fun though, no offense.

If you could get your hands on a Dark Luke EU figure's head (cast most likely) that'd be a good way to go...  Unfortunately I don't know who's offering casts of them.  What I'd suggest to you is taking a trip to www.FFURG.com 's forums and asking the guys casting there if they have one available.  In particular ask Ashley/Delaton...  Unless Glassman has one here?  I don't have one myself, nor do I have things set up to crank one out anyway but at some point...  eh.

Anyway, that's a good aged Luke head/face, especially consdiering how old the figure is.

Another option would be the Final Duel cinema Scene Luke's head.  Looks definitely older...  When you compare it with the Saga Jedi Luke's head, there's a big difference.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 04:00 PM »
Isn't Rinoa from FFVII? :/  J/k - I'm a huge nerd.

I really like that female Mando, great use of parts and awesome sculpting. Though, I am really hooked on that Luke. Interesting choice of colors, and I mean that in a good way. I'm having a hard time deciding how I'll be doing mine, because I really want to go for the short haircut that I'v ealways seen him depicted with on NJO covers.
-Matthew H.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 04:23 PM »
 :-[ Actually Hyouriittai youre right that isn't Rinoa. :-[ I often get them confused.
Funny you should mention my Luke your NJO customs are pretty much what inspired me to do my own. Feel free to use any ideas I've got. I've got a feeling yours will come out better than mine anyway. ;D The colors of his robes are taken from a pic I found in the Essiential Chronology book. Its not exactly the way they describe him, this look is more in line with his Jedi Academy days truth be told.

I'm actually not proud of the hair, but it does look better than it did. I would love to get a Dark Luke head. I had a line on one a month or so ago but havent heard back from the guy. Its no one on this board though.
I was trying to go for an aged look, but theres only so much you can do with heads that are supposed to be 20 years younger.