Author Topic: The Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST Thread  (Read 48352 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Halo 3 Video Game Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2008, 01:23 PM »
Oh, it wasn't too hard for most of those I have. Though I am having a hell of a time with "Lee R Wilson memorial" and the "To Close to the Sun" (the banshee one) achievements.

Too Close to the Sun is really easy, just do it in campaign. Lee R Wilson was easy for me as well, but I've always been used to sticking people frequently going back to Halo CE. If you are struggling with it go into a Lone Wolves game and go for absolutely noting but sticks, don't kill anybody with a weapon at all until you get the achievement. Hide somewhere near the sticky spawn (it probably will be easier on a level with Plasmas rather that Spike grenades) and wait for people to run by and then stick them. You can also go the kamikaze route and stick people as they go to melee you. If you see someone with a shotgun or hammer, charge them and get the stick. At lower levels I've noticed most players aren't that good at changing their weapons as the situation changes. They will probably try to shoot you with the shotgun from distance, which should let you get close enough for a stick. I've had plenty of games with 5 sticks when I wasn't really trying for them, so if you spend an entire game or two working on it you should alright. I was playing a doubles game the other night and I wound up with 9 sticks in one game. Just try to get used to switching your grenades based on the situation. If you know you might die soon switch to plasmas and hope to get that last second stick.

Thanks for playing the other night Ant, sorry your internet connection died on you. We were having a string of great games there for awhile. As for a JD Halo night would Friday 9 PM Mountain (11 EST 8 PST) work for anyone here? I'll probably be on after Galactica for awhile. If not, about anytime Saturday night should work for me too.

First, thanks for the good info. I'll do just that with the stickies. Friday is good for me, though at that time (since I'm in Pittsburgh), I may only be on for about an hour after the start time.

Ryan, are you XO SaulTigh (or however it's spelled)? APologies for not remembering. I've played with quite a few people of late and several from JD.

And I appreciate the patience from the more skilled folks for my relative noobness to online play.
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Yeah that's me, Sal.

I'm out for this weekend. My ******* XBox broke for the second time in as many months today. I'll have to send it in again. But because I'm moving in two weeks I have to have to box sent down to my parents', so I'll be able to get the Xbox back when it is done. Since i won't be home for two weeks or so, I'm going to be out of commission for at least two weeks if not for about a month. ******* technology. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2008, 11:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about that Ryan, that sucks. I'd be down for a JD night if I can break away from GTA4.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 1, 2008, 09:25 AM »

I'm out for this weekend. My ******* XBox broke for the second time in as many months today. I'll have to send it in again. But because I'm moving in two weeks I have to have to box sent down to my parents', so I'll be able to get the Xbox back when it is done. Since i won't be home for two weeks or so, I'm going to be out of commission for at least two weeks if not for about a month. ******* technology. >:(

That stinks. Which one did you have? I'm trying to figure out the best model to buy in case the same thing happens to me. One of my friends is on his 5th one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 1, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Wow, that's really sad. I've never had problems with any Playstation or Nintendo products. I'm NOT looking forward to when my 360 goes. I have the Halo special edition. I'm going to be pissed if I can't get that back. Not only did I pay more money for it, but it's a limited edition damnit... I've heard of this happening already where a kid sent his Halo360 in and got back a different version.  Apparently Bungie setn him a whole bunch of stuff to help make up for it. (Including a Master Chief scaled helmet sign by many of the Bungie employees.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 1, 2008, 09:25 PM »
I think we're good Sal. My understanding is that the Halo additions (which I have as well) are more solid units (knock on wood.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #96 on: May 2, 2008, 03:30 AM »
That stinks. Which one did you have? I'm trying to figure out the best model to buy in case the same thing happens to me. One of my friends is on his 5th one.

I have the Elite Version. I origianlly had the Premium and that broke, but it came from Costco and I was able to return it pretty much no questions asked. Which was cool because I had wanted to get the Elite version anyways. I got the Elite back in August, and my first one had the three Red lights of Death back in February. Now it is the Graphics card or some such BS. They just don't make 'em like they used to. I never had any problems with any of old systems, except for once with the first issue XBox console.
"This is the way."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #97 on: May 5, 2008, 07:19 PM »
These are the reasons I'm switching to PC. Consoles just aren't made the way they used to be. Plus Mice/keyboard just rock compared to analog. The RROD with xbox and then all of PS3's issues in having to put a model out each week to take care of something they forgot in their last version. Only console that I can think of thats come out with major problems is the wii and its not as powerful. Go figure

Adam

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 5, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Did you get it fixed Ryan? Cause you've been playing online since that post.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 5, 2008, 09:27 PM »
If anyone needs help with campaign scoring & beating it on Heroic/Legendary. Add me, those are the only achievements I need.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: May 5, 2008, 10:15 PM »
Did you get it fixed Ryan? Cause you've been playing online since that post.

No. I went to the Avalanche game Saturday. Rather than driving back up after the game, I just stayed down at the parents' for the weekend and was playing on my brother's Xbox. I did get my first ever Extermination with a Killtacular this weekend. :)
« Last Edit: May 5, 2008, 10:16 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 6, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I know what a killtacular is, but what's an extermination?

Artoo, although I have all those achievements, I should be able to help out with missions. FYI, if you check a few posts back, I posted a video walk-though on legendary. It's really good and really helpful.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #102 on: May 6, 2008, 09:41 AM »
I know what a killtacular is, but what's an extermination?

An Extermination is when you wipe out the entire enemy team (so they are all dead at the same time, if one respawns before you kill the last one it won't count) with at least an Overkill. I've had a few exterminations before but they have only been with Overkills. Two of my exterminations came in SWAT and Griffball but those don't really count since it is too easy to get them in those playlists. I had one legit one in a Ranked skirmish game before I got this one this weekend. I saved the film clip from this latest one if you want to see it, it should be the last one on my file share.

« Last Edit: May 6, 2008, 09:43 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 7, 2008, 09:14 AM »
I just figured out the whole theater thing, so I'll check it out.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 9, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Checked out the Killtacular, very cool.

After playing some SWAT recently, one thing is painfully clear, I can't pull of the head shot. I seem to over correct and miss consistently. Any tips?