Author Topic: The Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST Thread  (Read 48343 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: The Halo 3 Video Game Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2008, 01:52 AM »
Okay so I'm slowly getting back into this game can some please explain the Meta Game to me? I think I've tried every combination with the skulls and difficulty level that I'm really confused with it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Meta games are done for two reasons, your own personal challenge and/or to get level achievements. If you're turning on the skulls to get the achievements, there are some basic manageable combinations that will get you there, but I litteraly just threw away the combination I used.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2008, 06:41 PM »
I don't know if anyone would be interested or not but if you guys like to check out your Halo 3 stats online at all there is a fantastic site called Halo Charts that completely maps your stats from every single game you've played.

I know Bungie.net does too, but this is even more comprehensive and has full leaderboards for every possible category. You can compare yourself to every other Halo 3 player in the world in almost every imaginable catergory, from Laser Kills per game, to your total Wheelmans. It is pretty cool. As of last night I was ranked #463 in the world for most Laser kills in Social Matches.  :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 06:42 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2008, 09:22 AM »
And yet, yesterday, for the first time ever, I killed someone using the Laser in an on-line match.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Couple of Halo-related stories in the news, thought I'd share:

Kid assaults mother with a taco after unplugging his Xbox

A 19-year-old Deltona man is arrested for assaulting his own mother, with a taco. Dena Moir tells Fox 35 News her son, Zachary Moir, got out of control Wednesday night when she was calling him down for dinner. When he refused to stop playing his X-box and come down for dinner, Dena Moir says she went upstairs and unplugged the game, that's when she says Zachary pushed her and called her a bad name.  "I've been having trouble with him for awhile won't work, wont' go to school. He's being rude and disrespectful. Pushing things to the limit as far as the violence.”

A few minutes later Dena says she was in the kitchen cleaning and cooking tacos for dinner when Zachary showed up. That's when she says he slapped her arm and threw a taco in her face. “He went ahead and hit me with the taco and I got taco all over my shirt and kitchen. I’ve threatened to call police before. But anyway this time, I thought he went too far so I called police and he's in jail now.”

(Well, actually, I can't find anything that confirms that this taco-throwing ******* was indeed playing Halo 3, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that he was, anyway.)

Teenager shot parents who took away Xbox

A 17-year-old has been convicted of shooting his parents in the head after they took away his video game.

Daniel Petric killed his mother and wounded his father when they banned him from playing "Halo 3" and took away his Xbox console. He now faces a possible life sentence.

. . .Aaaand this is why I play COD4.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2009, 04:32 PM »
Couple of Halo-related stories in the news, thought I'd share:

Kid assaults mother with a taco after unplugging his Xbox

A 19-year-old Deltona man is arrested for assaulting his own mother, with a taco. Dena Moir tells Fox 35 News her son, Zachary Moir, got out of control Wednesday night when she was calling him down for dinner. When he refused to stop playing his X-box and come down for dinner, Dena Moir says she went upstairs and unplugged the game, that's when she says Zachary pushed her and called her a bad name.  "I've been having trouble with him for awhile won't work, wont' go to school. He's being rude and disrespectful. Pushing things to the limit as far as the violence.”

A few minutes later Dena says she was in the kitchen cleaning and cooking tacos for dinner when Zachary showed up. That's when she says he slapped her arm and threw a taco in her face. “He went ahead and hit me with the taco and I got taco all over my shirt and kitchen. I’ve threatened to call police before. But anyway this time, I thought he went too far so I called police and he's in jail now.”

(Well, actually, I can't find anything that confirms that this taco-throwing ******* was indeed playing Halo 3, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume that he was, anyway.)

Teenager shot parents who took away Xbox

A 17-year-old has been convicted of shooting his parents in the head after they took away his video game.

Daniel Petric killed his mother and wounded his father when they banned him from playing "Halo 3" and took away his Xbox console. He now faces a possible life sentence.

. . .Aaaand this is why I play COD4.

Matt, with respect, COD (any variation) is still violent. These violent games of ANY sort should NOT be in the hands of children. And for those who are of age (18+), act your damn age.

My nephew was shot and killed this past Thursday (1/15/9), presumably due to Halo. Details are sketchy on that, however it appears the boy who shot him didn't do so out of malice but by accident. Apparently they were making a video of how to load a shotgun and the one went off. The idea of loading a shotgun may have come from Halo, but again that has not been determined.

Kids should NOT have violent video games, NOR be in ANY proximity to weapons, especially guns. And this INCLUDES hunting. There is PLENTY of time to learn how to hunt when they are older. I FIRMLY believe a child of less than 16 should not have access to a weapon. Those between 16-18 only access at shooting ranges. Then hopefully within those two years they not only will have learned to be a good shot, but also gained the responsibility that being around a weapon carries.

Naysayers, please tread lightly, after all I did lose a relative due to a weapon.

Again, respectfully posted,
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Matt, with respect, COD (any variation) is still violent.

I didn't say it wasn't.  It was more of a comment on the differences in the fan communities between the two franchises.  There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of crossover there.

Anyway, sorry about your nephew.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2009, 10:26 PM »
Sorry about your lost Sal, but I have to disagree with the age group you state for being allowed access to a weapon. Personally I say no weapons at all regardless of age BUT I have already lost that arguement on these boards considering I am a Canadian on an American board...taking that into account I would say that no one under the age of 21 should have access to weapons. and I choose that age simply because if your not old enough to drink then why should you be old enough to carry a weapon. and without need to say dont mix up drinking and weapons...bad results tend to happen...
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2009, 09:49 AM »
Sorry about your lost Sal, but I have to disagree with the age group you state for being allowed access to a weapon. Personally I say no weapons at all regardless of age BUT I have already lost that arguement on these boards considering I am a Canadian on an American board...taking that into account I would say that no one under the age of 21 should have access to weapons. and I choose that age simply because if your not old enough to drink then why should you be old enough to carry a weapon. and without need to say dont mix up drinking and weapons...bad results tend to happen...

Well truthfully I too would rather not see weapons in 16-18 year olds either, but I figured that would be met with remarks saying the contrary, so I struck a compromise. Besides, while in High School, I had the privelege of firing an M-16 at a military base shooting range while in JROTC.

As to not being able to have a weapon until 21, I have to disagree there. Our military forces filled with 18-20 year olds. We NEED to have those kids, and have them well prepared. We're already stretched between the two wars, so having to wait for those folks to reach 21 would hamper our efforts greatly. I do find it hypocritical though that those same kids are not permitted to drink, yet can fight and die for our country. Though I'm not personally ready to yield the drinking age to 18. So I guess in that I too am a little hypocritical. But I'm fine with that. It's a matter of responsibility I guess. If alcohol and weapons were not glamorized in our culture, the need to partake in them would not nearly be so high and the problems associated with them would be greatly decreased.

Okay anyway, sorry for getting off topic, I did not mean to post something that is prolly more apppropriate for the Sarlaac Pit portion of the forums. I think the killing of my nephew has made me rethink some things in my life and given me another perspective on things. So I'm tending to post that way now. Again apologies if I should have posted this here or if anything I posted offended anyone.

Respectfully,
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2009, 04:35 AM »
Just wanna say thanks to Ryan for helping me out with the Sandbox Skull on Halo.

It looks like I'll be sening my 360 in to get fixed as I got the one red light. Im hoping I can just get a new Elite through my extended warranty I got through TRU. But I doubt it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2009, 10:35 AM »
I want to thank Ryan for helping with a whole host of other achievements. We should get a bunch of us together and do it again.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2009, 11:32 AM »
Ryan was in a couple of games with me and some other friends of mine. We all were working on achievements and he helped and I think we even helped him get a couple as well.

I'm down to only needing the "Post Mortem" achievement for Halo 3. That is until the last 3 mythic maps come out...

I still need some of these for my second account, so if you're on and need help, let me know. I always have tons of friends on and I'm sure we can get an achievement party going.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2009, 03:00 PM »
I'm in. I still need the perfection, kiltacular and Brute achievements. Also need some Legendary map achievements as well. Probably should know your second account though.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2009, 08:15 PM »
You can get the Legendary map achievements on the Mythic maps. I got my Defend This achievement on Sandbox. Also, this is good news for anyone who's gotten the E74 error (like myself)

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/14/3-...er-e74-errors/

I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2009, 10:28 AM »
Cool. Good to know.