Author Topic: HELP  (Read 2489 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
HELP
« on: May 11, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Need help finding something for a custom SA G Grevious.  I've looked at both Micheals and Home Depot.  Does anybody know where I can find magnets about the size of the ones used in the 1st Saga line for Obi/Vader/Bespin Luke hands?
Also I've been wanting to remove the "paint/sh :-Xt" from my Evo sandtrooper along with the "dust" from my VTSC scoutrooper's boots.  What besides a repaint would be the best way to remove it?  I've heard of using goo off but that it possibly might melt the fig if left on too long.  As always thanx for the look out.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Don't know about the magnets....

Use Easy Lift Off for getting paint off figures.  It takes Q-tips and elbow grease to get the paint off with ELO.  Wear safety equipment (glasses, mask, rubber gloves), and NEVER soak the figure in it.

This is what happens when you soak a figure in it.  Scroll down a tad to see the pic. 

ELO can be found in hobby shops.  I found it at a RC car/airplane shop for around 11 bucks.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Need help finding something for a custom SA G Grevious.  I've looked at both Micheals and Home Depot.  Does anybody know where I can find magnets about the size of the ones used in the 1st Saga line for Obi/Vader/Bespin Luke hands?
Also I've been wanting to remove the "paint/sh :-Xt" from my Evo sandtrooper along with the "dust" from my VTSC scoutrooper's boots.  What besides a repaint would be the best way to remove it?  I've heard of using goo off but that it possibly might melt the fig if left on too long.  As always thanx for the look out.

Radio Shack sells "Rare Earth" Magnets.  They're very powerful and they are tiny.  They should be perfect.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Rup/Greg thanx a lot, i knew if i posted this question here i'd get some great help.  I was think along the lines of a very small ball bearing and the small magnets to give grevious the articultion he deserves.  maybe in the pelvic, elbows, and shoulders.  i'm thinking hasbro' s knee artic. on him is good enough.  let me know what you guys think.  and if anybody else wants to use the idea feel free b/c with the back up of WIP's i got going on i don't know when i'd even get started.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 10:09 PM »
I think that's a great idea. 
Have you seen those Magnetix figures?  (I think that's what they're called)
They sound like what you're planning, although the ball-bearings in those figures are huge, so it wouldn't work on Grievous.

Microman also has some magnetic figures, but I haven't seen them yet.  They might be exactly what you're looking for. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 03:19 PM »
thanks again Greg the magnetix is actually where i got the idea from, but like you said the ball bearing are pretty big, but i think for a pelvic joint they might do the trick.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Sorry I havent' chimed in on this question.  I just haven't experimented in those parts of customizing.

:)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 03:48 PM »
You can do a search under permanent magnets or rare earth magnets in goggle to find etailers. That would be you best bet to find some good prices and biggest slection.
roron corobb

PS: here is a site www.amazingmagnets.com with good prices and wide slection of sizes
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:56 PM by roron corobb »
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link