Author Topic: Sebastian Shaw is the OT Anakin we want to see  (Read 3843 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Sebastian Shaw is the OT Anakin we want to see
« on: May 14, 2006, 12:39 PM »
another chance for Lucas to reissue Sebastian Shaw at the Jedi Spirits scene

Let's update the image and give a clearer version of the original trio of jedi knights spirits. ;)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: Sebastian Shaw is the OT Anakin we want to see
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 11:33 PM »
Err... with the new DVDs containing both the original theatrical versions and the new versions, I'm pretty sure what we'll have is the theatrical versions containing Sebastian Shaw along with all the other unmodified content (apparently Lak Sivrak/Wolfman was cut from Episode IV- who knew?), and the new version containing Hadyn Christiansen and the Jango voice for Boba Fett and such.

So in theory, it will have a clear widescreen (I think- they'll probably do widescreen and formatted versions again actually, in which case sign me up for widescreen...) version of this scene on the theatrical DVD. And the old Ewok song set to the scene, as well.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 12:02 PM »
I think that the updated version is more "true" to the story, so I wasn't at all bothered by that the way some people were. I am looking forward to seeing the Holy Trilogy on DVD, though...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Both ar ewrong it should be Jake Loyd. :P JK!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Asyr

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 11:21 PM »
I totally agree that the original versions should be put on DVD. That would be just sweet. I realise he messed with the end of ROTJ to help the movies tie in but it was just wrong to mess with a classic like that.

If he knew he wanted Anakin younger then why not go with a younger man to begin with?? George definatly did not think ahead.

Was anyone else upset with the long wait we had to endure to see the prequels?? I like them don't get me wrong, but I had to use my imagination for so many years when I finally saw them I felt strangely let down.

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 11:07 PM »
I agree with you Asyr, but I did not like the prequels, they didnt live upto what was star wars to me, I aint saying they shouldnt have made either they should have just made them so they tie in with the original trilogys instead of making the prequels the law and having the originals tie in with the prequels.

Now dont get me worong I like some of the changes made to the original trilogy, the ones before the prequels came out, but to have Hayden as Anakin at the end of the movie made no sense to me after all they didnt take Obi Wan back to being young and played by Ewan Mcgregor, however give them the chance and they might.

I know the supposed reason, that was given up about anakin being put into the force from when he turned to the dark side, but that was just hogwash in my humble opinion, after all he didnt die then and become one with the force, he died when he was an older man, and he aged as darth vader, he didnt stay the way he was like some zombie thing, that I could understand if he died on mustafar or where ever he got his butt kicked, and the machinery was what was keeping his soul imprisoned as a younger man, but you could see he had physically aged which means he did not die.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 07:46 AM »
"You told me Darth Vader betrayed and murdered my father"

"Your father was seduced by the dark side of the Force.  He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader.  When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed.  So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."

It works for me.  I don't have a problem with Anakin reverting back to the way he was before he "became" Darth Vader.  While I'm not a big fan of the changes to the OT, it somehow wraps everything up for me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 07:47 AM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Crap, Lucas wanted more money thats the only reason they got changed yet again, and I would be surprised if they get changed once more.

Now dont get me wrong I like some of the amendments, actually most from the first time he did it, cant stand any of the new ones he has added since, I dont need Boba Fett sounding like Jango Fett, the aparent case were all Stormtroopers are now Clone Troopers just in diferent armor and the worst sin of all is the ending of ROTJ Sebastian Shaw should still be Anakin Skywalker, not Hayden.

It's not that I dont like Hayden, he looked really good as Darth Vader, when he was in the suit, lol.