Author Topic: Dutch or is it Hutch  (Read 5279 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Dutch or is it Hutch
« on: September 11, 2007, 05:17 PM »
 :-\
After watching ANH I don't know how many times at work with sound off but subtitles on I caught something I've never noticed before.

After Gold 5 exits the DS trench having the other 2 Y-wings shot down,Gold Leader & Gold 2, by Vader he radio's over to Red leader and, according to the captions reads: "Gold Five to Red Leader, lost Tiree, lost Hutch."  Red Leader actually then answers "I copy, Gold Leader" despite him just saying that he was Gold Five. "They came from behind." is Gold Five's last words.

Long explaination I know but a little funny that he's been refered to as Dutch Vander when it really should've been Hutch.  Don't know where his back story came from, but.....here's a little something that the Wook has to say on them.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jon_Vander
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tiree
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Davish_Krail
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Dutch or is it Hutch
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 02:46 AM »
I think the question is, what's his designation in the credits.  I was thinking it was Dutch in the credits, or I'm just not remembering any of that right either.  It'd nver really occurred to me what it is, I just assumed Dutch since that's what I'd heard.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 10:06 AM »
the captions reads: "Gold Five to Red Leader, lost Tiree, lost Hutch." 

From the novelization:

"Lost Tiree... lost Dutch"

To me, that's enough to say that the guy who did the sub-titles got it wrong and everyone else (LFL, Hasbro) got it right.

Red Leader actually then answers "I copy, Gold Leader" despite him just saying that he was Gold Five. "They came from behind." is Gold Five's last words.

When Red Leader gets word that Dutch (Gold Leader) has croaked, then perhaps his response was his way of telling Gold Five that he was then IDed as Gold Leader since he was then the most senior member left?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 02:43 PM »
the captions reads: "Gold Five to Red Leader, lost Tiree, lost Hutch." 

From the novelization:

"Lost Tiree... lost Dutch"

To me, that's enough to say that the guy who did the sub-titles got it wrong and everyone else (LFL, Hasbro) got it right.

Red Leader actually then answers "I copy, Gold Leader" despite him just saying that he was Gold Five. "They came from behind." is Gold Five's last words.

When Red Leader gets word that Dutch (Gold Leader) has croaked, then perhaps his response was his way of telling Gold Five that he was then IDed as Gold Leader since he was then the most senior member left?

Didn't have the novel on hand, but ya I kind of just figured it was a typo in the first place, but still thought it was funny.  But then again 4LOM was Zuckass and Zuckass was 4LOM for a while there  :P  and people still argue about what color Han's Hoth Jacket was.  ;D

Ya also kind of figures you get a promotion by your friend dying only to get your a$$ turned to space dust  :(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:44 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:45 PM »
I think the question is, what's his designation in the credits.  I was thinking it was Dutch in the credits, or I'm just not remembering any of that right either.  It'd nver really occurred to me what it is, I just assumed Dutch since that's what I'd heard.

Answer-Gold Leader  :-\