Author Topic: Target Exclusive Imperial Shuttle  (Read 90827 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TSC Imperial Shuttle??
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 01:44 PM »
Can I split the difference?

I'm optimistic that it will be re-released at some point, but pessimistic that the price will be $60 if it does show up.   ;)

Either way, I've got two shuttles, so unless those pack-in figures are cool or the paint job is really something special, I'll pass.  That's 1 more on the shelf for the rest of you who need it!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Yeah, I can't believe it'd be $60.  That's probably the price FAO paid for it (assuming a 50% markup).

Then again, I don't think a vehicle can survive at retail at more than $50....

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2006, 02:08 PM »
To me 60$ seems expensive but, then again, I don't have a shuttle. I think Retail justifies the high price point on recent vehicles (over 40$) because basic figures are now at 7$. 60$?-I bet they pay Hasbro 40$ or less for it.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2006, 02:42 PM »
$60 sounds reasonable to me--the ship is ginormous, after all. But with the other rereleased vehicles like the AT-AT getting price-hiked--not to mention this is a TARGET exclusive, of all places--I don't trust that number at this point. Nevertheless, if it stays at $60 I could see myself getting it.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 02:49 PM »
At $60.00 I'd definitely get a second one... it's just too sweet of a ship and that's a great price.

:)

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 09:32 PM »
Hasbro will give us a "clean" version of the shuttle to make all of us who bought the "dirty" (almost "filthy" ;) ) version from a few years back buy another one (and to technically give us a "new" vehicle). There are a few differently weathered shuttles visible in the Trilogy and the one we got from the Saga line is the dirtiest of them all, the Emperor's personal shuttle was very clean, so that's what Hasbro will give us this time :)

I'll most likely pass on this one (as I passed on picking up one of the 12 Gunships at TRU this afternoon) as I have the Saga one and am beginning to have space issues so multiples of large vehicles is not a very high priority right now.

As for pack-ins, I bet you it'll be "new" characters to further entice purchases.

My educated guess:

2 "Imperial Shuttle Pilots" made from POTJ/Saga Imperial Officers with a deco similar to the pit crewers visible on the Star Destroyers' bridges (light gray jumpsuit, black gloves and hat). No weapons will be included.

As for all of the naysayers saying that they already have the older versions of this ship (and every other Star Wars toy that is rereleased in some form or another) and Hasbro is wasting retail space for something that we don't already own (often in multiples), just remember that we long time collectors are not the only ones that are interested in Star Wars. For every one of us, there are hundreds of casual buyers and people that entered the hobby only recently that do not already have every toy released and deserve to have the thrill of finding a cool toy at retail :)
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline kesselrunking

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2006, 10:24 PM »
$60 doesn't sound too bad, but it also doesn't sound too good. I will have to wait and see. If I can find it at retail I might be inclined to throw down the cash.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2006, 09:10 AM »
Good point Spectre, sometimes I forget to think about the casual and new collectors when I judge a product release. A shuttle and AT-AT at retail (and Vader's Tie, and Snowspeeder) does make some people happy, and lets Hasbro off the hook for the mold and tooling costs. Seeing these big ships every 5 years or so, if they are done right and end up being successful, may help justify some new ones further down the line.
None the less, choppers, miniatures at 2.50 each (aka unleashed battle packs) and robot/ship/charcter transformers are stinkers and can go away anytime to make some shelf space for Eopies, dewbacks, banthas, and mini-rig type toys.

I love the my little pony cross-over idea. And the R2 that could turn into a robot would rock. Egads, someone probably has a pony-prototype in production.

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2006, 06:59 PM »
I am very excited about the Shuttle.  I've only been seriously collecting for the past year and never got a shot at one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2006, 02:09 AM »
$60 sounds about right for Hasbro...  Not for anyone else mind you, just Hasbro.  :)  Things move just fine at $40 or $50+ in other toy lines, it's just Star Wars that seems to have been snake-bitten for whatever reason.

The Shuttle's cool but it's mostly air when you think about it...  Big flat wings and a small hull.  Not a lot to it, so I'm never pleased much by Hasbro prices on vehicles...  Unless this is packed with something special I'm pissed off that I want, then I'll happily pass on it myself.  I dread what pack-ins it has though...  The Sand Crawler's droid repaint really pissed me off at the time, and I wound up lucking out on it by finding someone who only wanted the vehicle to get me the droid...  Not so sure I cna pull that off with a shuttle though.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2006, 09:48 PM »
Sweet!I never got the original.I want the 2 figures to be VOTC Stormtrooper & Evo Palpatine w/ ROTS head.But they'll probally be Saga Palpatine & 500th Vader. :-\
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Thank the heavens!!  I will take 2 please.  I am so happy, I can cry. :'(
This vehicle is one of the flagship vehicles of the line.  I really think $60 will be a bargain compare to FAO's $120.  I would like to see 2 imperial guards with this.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 08:02 PM by Kit »

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2006, 09:11 PM »
I was thinking about trying to get one of these again, and $60 sounds like a deal.

It will probably come with the OTC shuttle pilots as Spectre said, and come out about the same time as Endor wave if they are smart.

10 years ago I bought a vintage MIB one for $175 from the guy who prints Lees AFN.

I reccommend getting one, it is very impressive looking. It is a well designed ship for its day.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2006, 09:59 PM »
Lemme see:

TRU exclusive AT-AT, 2 pack in figures, $80.

Target exclusive Shuttle for $60 with two pack in figures?  Ok, something's missing here.  Why doesn't anyone see it?  When was the last time Hasbro handed you guys a bargain at regular retail?  At Target?  Helloooo?  Lava exclusive figures?  New Tie fighter?  Exploding Grievous?  Any of this ringing a bell? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Maybe that $60 price is what each unit is costing Target.

After the $40 TIE Fighter, $13 "premium" figures, and $12 VTSC, I'd be surprised if we brought this thing home for less than $100.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk