Author Topic: Target Exclusive Imperial Shuttle  (Read 90821 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Imperial Shuttle
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2006, 11:53 AM »
I got mine, I like it.

Not too happy with the pack in's, but they went to my nephew, so no worries for me.

Now I have one of each, Vintage, FAO, Target.

Considering Target is selling this $60 item right next to the end cap with FUR REAL FRIENDS Butterscotch Pony (also by Hasbro, but not Target Exclusive) at $249.99 I think comparatively it is well priced.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2006, 12:09 PM »
As a Canuck, this is so frustrating!  I want this ship pretty bad, but the shipping would absolutely kill me.  I sure wish there was a company in Canada that picked up Target exclusives.  :'(

Ah, it's not that bad Jesse, it doesn't weigh that much.  Maybe 20-30 more bucks at worst - it's still going to be in your collection for a lot less than most people paid for the previous version. 

Is there any difference, aside from packins and packaging with this shuttle compared to the FAO version?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Nope, not from what I've read.  The colors and paint opps should be exactly the same.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Thanks, then I don't need this one.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Thanks, then I don't need this one.

I hear ya.. I was almost there myself but then was able to ebay my FAO shuttle for about twice the cost of the new one... so I caved... now I've got the new one (for Endor scenes) and the old one for the Emperor....

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2006, 04:51 PM »
I bought one today.  I didn't find any figures I wanted for a few runs so I figured I may as well get one at the nifty 59.99 price.  Especially since I passed the previous times when FAO Schwartz raped the rest of you.  I'll either keep this shuttle or give it as a Christmas gift.  This is my first shuttle if I keep it, including my vintage days, for some reason my parents missed that one when I was 6 years old (which was rare for them to miss a SW item).

I was thinking when I bought it though that it'd be nice if that were an endcap full of Fambaas with the special gungan warrior pack-in.  I'd have bought 2 or 3 if that were the case, as I only got 1 when it was the FAO exclusive.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 4, 2006, 03:35 PM »
How do these seem to be selling in your area(s)?  It sounds as if this is a "when they're gone, they're gone" type of thing, and I've heard reports that when a few stores have sold out, the price tags and endcaps are taken down as well.  At our local store, I counted 16 total Shuttles between the endcap and stocked above the aisles last week, and when we were back over the weekend it looked as if 2 or 3 more (in addition to the one I bought) had sold so far.  It does seem like a pretty decent deal for a large ship and a couple of figures, and it will be interesting to see how they sell.  How are things looking in your area?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 4, 2006, 03:43 PM »
Four of the six Targets in my area (MN) have never stocked them or they sold out by the weekend they came out.  The other two stores just have end caps set up and there's been 6-8 on every visit.

Anybody have any luck on finding one in a minty box?  I settled for one with a slightly dented corner.  All the one's I've come across are less than perfect.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 4, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Ships, in general, are flying off the shelves in our area.  The figures do so-so, but the ships are in demand.

As far as I know, the Shuttle lasted only a few days before they sold out.  

TRU is the same story.  We are completely sold out of the AT-AT's & X-Wing's and there are only two each of the Gunship and TIE's left.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 4, 2006, 03:47 PM »
I've seen a similar story with the ships here, even the "starfighter" assortment.  Our TRU is sold out of the X-Wings, Gunships, and AT-ATs - and they were down to one TIE Fighter last time I was there.  They only have one Grievous Wheelbike from the starfighter assortment as well.  Ships do seem to be bigger this year.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 4, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Yeah and I've been kicking myself for skipping items that I want later down the road.  I saw Mace Windu's fighter once, passed and now wish I would've picked it up.  Same holds true for the Dagobah X-Wing and Kit Fisto fighter.

The moral of the story is if you like something, you better pick it up when you see it because odds are you won't see it again.

SW stuff doesn't even make it to clearance around here, and if it does, you only have one day to score it.  After that, it's gone.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 4, 2006, 03:56 PM »
That's the same story here.  I've been burned in the past with waiting for something later, so - for the most part - if I see something I want to pick up I usually get it when I see it, unless the funds aren't there.  Things go awfully fast when they hit clearance here as well, and our Target isn't close enough that I necessarily visit it more than once or twice a week, so I usually miss out unless there are tons on hand.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 4, 2006, 04:15 PM »
The buying patterns have indeed been kind of weird on this Imperial Shuttle.  It sat for the first week or so, but after word got out it's started to sell pretty well.  But then I wonder if the package variant collectors might be buying them all up in order to get the figures in the different positions in the window.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 4, 2006, 04:22 PM »
I could care less on the position of the figures, especially with a $60 item.  I gave up on "special packaging" issues after trying to match up TSC figs with the appropriate holo.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 4, 2006, 07:30 PM »
i just saw a holiday target commercial on tv that featured a couple secods of three exclusive shuttles flying across the screen. not much, but found this worth mentioning.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!