Author Topic: The Findswoman's Customs: 6/25: VTSC-style Zuckuss (is anyone surprised?)  (Read 27648 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Some new customs at last!  Or, well, kitbashes, anyway.  Lately I've been throwing together some random Imperials (& others) for some upcoming photocomicking, and though these are really nothing special at all & have plenty of things wrong with them, I thought I'd share:

The middle three guys are built on the ROTS Governor Tarkin body; in fact, the one second from right is simply Tarkin with a hair repaint.  The guy on the far left is on a General Veers body and has a Spy Kids Donnagon head; I don't remember which body that is that the far right (Luke-headed) guy has, but the big black gloves were not originally part of it. 

I also decided to retool my ROTS Emperor (the really early one, in black) with some S-O-F-T G-O-O-D-S and a twist tie in the hem for that windblown look.  I can't take credit for the look myself, since I just followed a really cool set of instructions originally posted on I forget which forum by I forget whom.   If anyone knows, please let me know so I can give proper credit where it's due.

Now for something completely different... Just for kicks and thrills, and to use in the background of upcoming photocomics, I threw together the following Chick in a Really Obnoxious Green Dress.  Now, I do not frequently emply the term "chick" in referring to members of my own sex, but this time I think the word actually fits.  Yes, I know she has a cartoonish goofy grin.  Yes, I know the skin color of her face doesn't match that of her body.  It's all right, because at the present she's just eye candy.  :)

And a final, rather goofy group shot of sorts.  Everybody conga!

Not much, I know, and nothing at all special, but I hope y'all enjoy all the same!

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
I love the soft goods emporer. He looks so much better that way. The 'chick' reminds me of those Polly Pocket-like Leia and Padme figures that Disney is going to be releasing soon at the parks. Funny bunny hop line you got there on the Imperials. You just need to shave down that Luke neck.

It was great to finally meet you and your husband at C4.  :D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Why thank yew, Phruby!  Glad they're to your liking.  And I too am very happy that I finally got to meet you (and your boychik!) at the Con this past weekend.  :)

Yeah, that Luke neck... I only noticed that after all the photos were taken.  Usually it stays down all right, but I guess in the course of posing and turning the guys' heads it crept up a little.  Mea maxima culpa.

I was indeed going for the "Polly Pocket" look with the Chick in Green.  I figured, heck, I'd never use that WOW Action Girls head on any serious SW character with an actual name.  The interesting thing is, actual Polly Pocket figures are ALMOST to scale with SW figures (I have one dancing with a clone in one of my Clone Troopers' Ball pictures), and their furniture and some accessories are often quite compatible.

Thanks again! :)
Finds

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Well, I fixed the Luke-headed fellow -- just shoved the head further down!  So here's how he looks now.

Perhaps it's still a little long -- but heck, he's just eye candy for the background, so it's no biggie.  Hope you enjoy all the same!

... the Findswoman

(just fixing the image tag for you - Ryan)
« Last Edit: June 2, 2007, 07:02 PM by Ryan »

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Findswoman's Customs: 6/5: UGP customs
« Reply #64 on: June 5, 2007, 02:41 PM »
On a completely different note... I have just finished posting on my website some of the customs that I sent in to the Ultimate Group Project (UGP) and which appeared in the UGP diorama at Celebration IV.

Here, first of all, are some general group photos of the gals I sent in.

And the little Gand Findswoman in gold gets her own page.

Do enjoy, all!

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The Findswoman's Customs: 6/5: UGP Customs
« Reply #65 on: June 5, 2007, 03:07 PM »
Great pictures. I don't think I've ever seen your Mark I and II versions of her. Very cool to see. Thanks for putting up the UGP pictures in your site. Mark III looks great selling her wears.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 7, 2007, 07:21 PM »
that is a great gands woman. the fabric job looks very quality. i'm glad such a great figure was running my market stall! :)

what base body is under there?

awsome job finds! :)
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2007, 09:59 AM »
that is a great gands woman. the fabric job looks very quality. i'm glad such a great figure was running my market stall! :)

Why thanks so much!  But we couldn't have asked for a better market stall for her to run -- that stall of yours was truly one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the diorama!  Loved all the pretty baubles 'n' beads!

what base body is under there?

It's mostly a Bespin Escape Leia, since that one's nice and small, but I replaced Leia's legs (which are perennially fixed in a sort of running position) with the legs from Vintage "4-LOM."  I also replaced Leia's 5-fingered Human hands with the three-fingered ones from Djas Puhr.

Thanks again!  :)
... the Findswoman

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Yes, I know Hasbro says they're eventually going to make one to round oout the bounty hunters, but what can I say?  I was impatient.  :D

http://www.findswoman.net/4inch/SAZuckuss.html

I made this after Beedo suggested that the VTSC Pilot Luke would be a good base, and that is indeed what I used, though I accidentally ruined one of the Luke arms & had to replace them with VTSC Greedo ones instead. 

Enjoy!  Comments always welcome!  8)

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:27 PM by findswoman »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Perfect. One of your finest customs!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Why thank you, Anton!  I'm pretty proud of him, if I do say so myself.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Hasbro eventually comes up with.

... the Findswoman

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Thats a super custom, great work and a great choice of materials.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!