Author Topic: The Findswoman's Customs: 6/25: VTSC-style Zuckuss (is anyone surprised?)  (Read 27655 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Thanks for posting, Phruby and Ennis, and for bearing with me on my obscure & esoteric source material! 

Ennis, I agree, it is nice to take a break from SW from  time to time.  Besides, it's a fun challenge to try to use SW fodder to make completely non-SW characters!  It always surprises me how much potential there is in that direction.

Phruby, I'd be glad to make The Doctor if I'd ever seen any Dr. Who!  I've been meaning to, bt haven't had much time.  Could you or anyone else perhaps shoot a few reference pictures my way?

Here's the premise behind the Jeeves and Wooster stories, in case anyone is wondering.  They're not sci-fi at all, but they are completely escapist in their own way.  Bertie Wooster is an independently wealthy young dandy, very good natured & has lots of friends, but not very smart.  He's always getting into sticky situations (being engaged to the wrong girl, having any number of silly tasks to perform for his aunts or friends), and every time his rear is saved by the intelligence and cunning of his valet, Jeeves.  P.G. Wodehouse wrote the stories between the 1900s and the 1970s, but they all take place in the Jazz Age, and Bertie is perpetually about 28 years old.  They're just about the funniest things written in English, &  highly recommend them to all!

Thanks again, guys! 

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
I love the obscure & esoteric. My mind has way too much useless information. Anyway, the current (10th) Doctor looks like this:

He is very simular to your current customs. That is Rose (his assistant) behind him. Rose....Aaaaarrr. Sorry Homer Simpson moment there. Here is his dog K-9.

Maybe you can make a Cyberman (bad guys)  to go with them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 06:04 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Esther, I like the non-star wars customs.  Its nice to see a change of pace.  Like Phruby and Ennis I'm not familar with the source but they are very good looking figures!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Wow, those customs look great!  I really like the use of the VOTC Lando legs (I bought a couple VOTC Landos a few weeks ago - he's excellent custom fodder  ;))
You did an excellent job blending the parts and I really like the inclusion of removable helmets.

Updated Baron Fel looks great, I think you nailed it.  Nice work!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
Soontir Fel version 2 is extremely nice.  I love it when customs at this scale have removable helmets that look good...this one is just awesome.  I agree its a tremendous improvement over the already very nice version 1.

Can't wait to see your Dr. Who stuff!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Findswoman's Customs - 12" Queen Apailana (5/30)
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Thanks again to all for your comments, compliments, and good counsel!

And now for an update.  Today I invite you all to hop on over and take a look at my just-completed 12" Queen Apailana!  She's made from one of the Portrait Edition Amidala dolls and sports a handmade outfit and headdress.  I'm very proud of her, and I hope you enjoy her too!

Here's a small teaser photo: 

Do let me know what you think!

... the Findswoman

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Wow!  GORGEOUS, FW, simply gorgeous!  Amazing work on the make-up and dress.

This is really, really terrific.  It looks completely professionally and completely beautiful.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 04:35 PM »
That is a beautiful custom.  And I don't use the word beautiful very often.   ;)

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 04:48 PM »
finds, that came out great!  Your custom softgoods always look so amazing.  I'd love to see a whole collection of Naboo Queens.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2006, 09:42 AM »
WOW! <Falling out of chair>

She is simply gorgeous! These are the kinds of figures your best at. We haven't seen one of these in this scale for a long time. It definately was worth the wait. I love the headdress and the face makeup.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Apailana is Beautiful Finds!  Simply beautiful.
The gown looks great. Show us the rest!
Its funny, with a girl comming, i wonder if
this is the direction my customs will take in the future?

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Why thank you, guys!  :)

Glass, m'dear, you can see the rest by clicking on the link in my above post!  :)  Here it is again, just in case.  And yes, I'm sure with the advent of your new little girl, everyone in the family will be rediscovering their girly side.  :D  (She will have an older brother, right?  That goes for him, too.  ;) )

Brent, oh gosh, there are so many queenly Naboo outfits I'd love to do.  The victory gown and the Coruscant kimono, for example.  But an entire series probaby won't be possible for a while! 
i know of others who have done this, though -- check out this link for some beautiful examples. 

And gosh, thanks for your kind words, Phruby, Quazar, and Chewie.  I'm most honored!

More to come soon, I hope...

... the Findswoman

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2006, 05:16 PM »
That queen is beautiful Esther great job. I cant beleive you hand sew this stuff idts amazing.

I love the obscure & esoteric. My mind has way too much useless information. Anyway, the current (10th) Doctor looks like this:

The 10 th doctor??? I thought they only regenerated 8 times. What the hell???

Actually that robotman wouldn't be hard to do. I see a lot of that SHS Iron man in that.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 01:57 PM »
That queen is beautiful Esther great job. I cant beleive you hand sew this stuff idts amazing.

The 10 th doctor??? I thought they only regenerated 8 times. What the hell???

Thanks a bunch, Ennis!  (Should have said thaht earlier, I know.)  I feel the same way about people who do things with molding and casting!  :)

As forthe Dr.'s regenerations, I think I remember reading on Wikipedia that it's 12 times.  Can any Who fans out there corroborate this? 

More customs to come very soon, barring all catastrophe...!

... the Findswoman

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Findswoman's Customs - 6/12: Sheltay Retrac & Wiorkettle
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Update time!  Just finished two new customs at the 3.75" scale:

Wiorkettle, Snivvian female terraformer from Cloud City.  (No, I didn't make her up; she was on a Decipher SW:CCG card.)

Sheltay Retrac, Bail Organa's aide.  I enjoyed Johnboy Walton's version so much, I thought I'd make my own!

Also, my Ysanne Isard, from the 12th Group Project, is now up, too.

Do enjoy, everyone!  Comments always welcome. :)

... the Findswoman