Author Topic: Glorbes Customs (New Vader and Stormtrooper 1:12 scale-9)  (Read 79930 times)

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
Re: Glorbes Customs (Grievous Redux, Obi Wan, Stormtrooper, P. 3)
« Reply #45 on: April 2, 2007, 11:45 PM »
these are figgin awesome, what a creative vision! keep it up...these are all extremely well done and i cannot wait for  more....koto eat your heart out!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #46 on: April 3, 2007, 03:27 PM »
As usual, extremely inovative work G.
You always amaze me with your creations. I wish i had half your imagination!!! ( any more and i fear my head would explode from all the ideas)

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #47 on: April 5, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Deanna Rash

Thanks for the feedback.  Darth is one of my personal favorite customs as well...glad you like how he turned out. 

hemble

Well Ron, I gotta tell you that your feedback means a whole heck of a lot.  Hope to see some more 6" stuff from you soon...that Indiana Jones was unbelievable.

speedermike

I have indeed made a Boba Fett...he's an older custom but I'll have to post him here soon.  One thing I loved about the Tartakovsky cartoons was the image of Obi Wan wearing Clone armour...that's actually one thing that spawned this whole idea of customizng alternate versions of these characters for me.  Thanks for the feedback.

Darth Depressis

Thanks for the feedback, Darth...its greatly appreciated, I assure you.

Glassman6

Thanks as always for taking the time to comment, Glassman...you're a tremendous talent yourself, and I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again everyone!

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #48 on: April 5, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Mandalorian Warrior

Ah yeah. Nothing in the galaxy is sexier than Mandalorian Armour...these guys have style. Anyway, I wanted to keep the basic elements intact, but play around with a few things to make this guy look clunkier and more "old-fashioned."

The base figure is the X3 Magneto. The helmet is an original sculpt, with vinyl panels added to give the design sharper edges. I'm actually much happier with how this helmet turned out compared to my Boba Fett.

The back pack is made from a bunch of crap from the fodder bucket. The spear/vibro-blade is made from an early McToys Gene Simmons figure accessory and a styrene sheet. The uniform is fabric, as is the skirting. The armor plates are styrene as well, and the shoulder pads are from a Legolas figure.

I wanted to give the armour more of a "personalized" look for the figure, almost like some sort of tribal insignia. The pattern is meaningless, but did end up sort of resembling the Mandalorian symbol that is on Fett's shoulder armour in the films.

I had a tough time deciding how much to add to this guy. Boba and Jango have all kinds of doo-dads on their armour, but I ended up pulling back on that a bit...all of the bits and pieces I considered adding just didn't look right.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Glorbes Customs (Mandalorian Warrior, p. 4)
« Reply #49 on: April 5, 2007, 11:48 AM »
That Manalorian is excellent, looks like you put a lot of hard work into it and it sure paid off! Keep up the great work!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 5, 2007, 03:46 PM »
 :o :o :o :o OMG! tha mandelorian is just too cool! 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #51 on: April 6, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Hi Ya Glorbes

Mate this is a great addition to your other SW figures, I really like the way the uniform and armour turned out and I like the vibro blade turned out. The armour is very rustic looking which I like very much and the tunic is very different but gives him his own personality well done mate.

Ron

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 11:37 PM »
Robo-Quack

Thanks for commenting on this one...he was relatively time consuming, but fun to put together nonetheless.

Deanna Rash

Thanks for the feedback!

Hemble

Thanks as always for the great feedback, Ron.  Seeing your variations on the basic SW armors provided quite a bit of inspiration for this guy...I can't thank you enough.

Thanks again for those who took a peek.

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 11:41 PM »
Anakin Skywalker

How does one make Anakin? Well...since I hated him in the prequels, I wanted to try and make a more solemn and reserved Anakin...a tortured, yet less whiny and stupid Anakin. What I would have liked to see was a man who held tremendous power, was reserved and quiet in his interactions with others, but absolutely fierce and self-absorbed on the battlefield. I imagined something akin to Peter O'Toole's performance of Lawrence of Arabia...a man of practiced civility until he unleashed his ugly nature when given the opportunity to engage an enemy. Handsome enough to attract the attention of women, but something of a social misfit...inward and silently aware of his growing power...assured of his point of view on the surface, but deeply troubled and confused by his complex relationships with Obi Wan and Palpatine. That was way too many words...uh...here's my custom:

He's a very simple figure. I decided to dress him in black, make his skin pale to contrast with the dark robes, and reflect a few elements from my Darth Vader custom's armor. I went back and forth between the blue or the red lightsaber, then figured I would stick with blue since this is Anakin during the Clone Wars. I made Orli's face more weathered to suggest a subtle ravaging of Anakin's features from flirting with the Dark Side of the Force. Oh, the base figure is a LOTR Legolas figure with Gandalf Boots and Theoden hands.

While the custom itself was simple, the conception behind what I went with in the end was a little more involved. I restrained myself with the color of the robes, and wanted a more simplified look to the custom overall. I guess I was going for a certain "mood"...which, now that I think about it, is perhaps a little pretentious :P

Here he is with himself:

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 11:45 PM »
Plo Koon

I wanted to fill out the ranks of my Jedi, and I loved Plo Koon's design, so I went with him for my next Knight of the Old Republic.

He's kinda got a pin head thing going on, but I justify it by saying he's an alien (do you buy it?). The head is an original sculpt in epoxy putty. The body is a Deathlok, the hands are from a Blackheart, and the feet are from the fodder bucket. Armor is styrene, robes are fabric, and the straps are leather. The Saber is the usual mystery dowelling from the railroading section of the hobby store, with a metal handle.

A few technical points: I should have sunk the ball joints on the base figure, because now they jut out way too far. Also, while the head looked right before I added the cloth, the layers of fabric made the shoulders look even broader, which ended up accentuating the pin head look...but he's an alien, and aliens can have small heads (see above).

The facial sculpt was fun...especially the breathing mask. The details are a little clunkier than I would like, but in the end it looked enough like Plo Koon to satsify me.

Here he is with his buddies:

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
Re: Glorbes Customs (Anakin, Plo Koon p. 4)
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2007, 02:25 PM »
starting to get a little bit of a seven samurai feel, can't wait for your take on windu and yoda.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2007, 03:52 PM »
 :o :o :o TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!! Could you do a Qui-gon? For the heck of it! Plo is one of my faves next to Qui.But Great Job!
on them all.I was totally floored. ;D 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2007, 02:56 PM »
I don't know how I've missed these stellar pieces of art! Apologies, sir, because I am in utter and absolute awe of your skills. Your usage of different materials like epoxy putty, vinyl and soft goods works downright excellent! Your fanfic customs are even more breathtaking, the Mandalorian warrior being my favourite.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2007, 06:52 PM »
Those are some pretty neat customs!!!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Darth Depressis

Thanks for the feedback, man...it would be cool to make enough to get a nice Seven Samurai-style group shot.

Deanna Rash

True, Qui Gon is one of the best parts of Episode 1, but I'll probably stick with the more fetching character designs (like aliens and the like).  Thanks for commenting.

IncomT65

Thanks for the kind words, man.  Fabric saves me from having to sculpt clothing while also maintaining the articulation of the figure...in many ways, I've used it out of purely practical and lazy motives  :)

Robo-Quack

Thanks for commenting!