Author Topic: Soft Goods patterns.  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Soft Goods patterns.
« on: May 16, 2006, 08:52 PM »
Hey, if anyone has soft good patterns, let's upload them to here so that way all of us can benefit from each others work. :D

Right now I'm looking for a pattern for pants ???.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Soft Goods patterns.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 11:32 PM »
This is a good topic... I wonder if Findswoman might be able to help?

:)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:33 AM »
My FFURG softgoods article has a few patterns attached to it in PDF format, a basic cloak and a basic skirt.  Here's the link:

http://www.ffurg.com/accessories/sewing.htm

Smarty, what sort of figure do you want to make pants for?  I've not made pants at 3.75" scale, and I'm not sure I recommend doing so, because they would probably end up being too bulky for the scale.  (With the exception of things like Slave Leia and Ayy Vida, most SW figures are already wearing something on their legs anyway.)  Now 12", of course, is a different matter...

Hope at least some of this helps!

... the Findswoman

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 08:00 PM »
     I'm planning on doing Jedi master Kit fisto in clone wars episode 4, I'm going to use a microman body, but his pants are something of a mystery to me. I have no idea of how I'm going to do that small of pants, but I have to make it perfect, "It's my brothers thank God your better after 2 surgeries present"

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 10:09 PM »
I've been wanting to make small softgoods clothing for a while, but I have no idea how to sew.  I want to make pants for a Microman Leon "the Professional", and I would also need to make a small trenchcoat for him. 
If anybody has any tips, please let me know too!

I think Commando Customs' store will have softgood stuff right?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 03:41 AM »
This isn't a bad idea actually...  If people wanted to submit any/all patterns they can or want to, that'd be great for fans of cloth gear...  I'm not a seamstress so sewing is a pain for me, and sewing without patterns is even worse.

It'd help a ton to have some good little patterns to do the work, no doubt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 12:58 AM »
     I'm planning on doing Jedi master Kit fisto in clone wars episode 4, I'm going to use a microman body, but his pants are something of a mystery to me. I have no idea of how I'm going to do that small of pants, but I have to make it perfect, "It's my brothers thank God your better after 2 surgeries present"

Ah okay.  If it's a Microman, then that should be all right for pants.  I have patterns for 1:6 man's pants somewhere -- those could just be scaled down.   I'll check.

For skintight clothes on a Microman, there's also Phruby's balloon approach, as exemplified by the Ysanne Isard he's working on now for the group project, visible here.  Of course, Kit Fisto doesn't exactly wear anything skintight... but this is just one other option for Microman/lady clothing.

... the Findswoman

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Thanks Finds, yeah I don't think balloons would work for his baggy pants, but if you can make a pattern you will be awarded with incredible amount of thanks, and this smiley :-* :-* :-* :-* LOL. :P