Author Topic: Wizard World Philly - now Philadelphia Comic Con  (Read 7387 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Wizard World Philly - now Philadelphia Comic Con
« on: May 17, 2006, 11:36 AM »
Anyone from Defender going to Philly in two weeks for Wizard World?

I'm going on Friday this year.

E...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:07 AM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard World Philly 2006
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 11:02 PM »
Nope.  Not a single person on their guest list I want to see.   :(  This'll be the first time in... five years I think, that I've skipped it - I only live an hour and a half from Philly.   

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 12:41 AM »
I'm not planning to attend it E, but I don't really know much about WW Philly...  I've not heard much on SW guests but it takes a bit for me to leave the confines of Western PA, just due to costs and all... 

Anything in particular you're hitting the show for Eric? 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 01:05 AM »
Nothing really specific this year.  In past years there have been a SW guest or two but none this time around.  I'm only going to be there Friday otherwise I'd love to see Kevin Smith talk on Saturday.

I usually find some good deals on SW merchandise of some sort whether it's cheap trade paperbacks or imported toys. 

There's usually something interesting.  I see Tom Hodges is listed as an artist this year so I may stop by his booth to see what he has.  And I usually support an indy artist every year by picking up a couple comics or some art or whatever.  I might also cruise for some of those Takara and Hot Toys Predator figures we were talking about in the other board.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 01:08 AM »
I saw some of the S2 Hot Toyz figs at the toy show out here last time it was around...  Good luck on those.  They're worth it.  YOu can usually get a case for under $100 on Ebay too though.  They're worth picking up man, trust me. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Hey Eric if you get a chance do you think you could do me a huge favor and try to pick up the Stargate SG-1 Daniel Jackson exclusive figure while you're there? It would be great appreciated. I'd thrown in a finder's fee too.

Here's the article in case you don't know what I'm talking about. :)
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 11:47 PM »
I'll see what I can do but no promises as it's limited to 200 pieces.

E...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Hey Eric if you get a chance do you think you could do me a huge favor and try to pick up the Stargate SG-1 Daniel Jackson exclusive figure while you're there? It would be great appreciated. I'd thrown in a finder's fee too.

Here's the article in case you don't know what I'm talking about. :)
I'll see what I can do but no promises as it's limited to 200 pieces.

E...

I would be willing to make the same offer that Ryan is.

Ryan
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 11:36 AM »
They just added Matt Wood as a guest at WW Philly for this weekend.  That'll be cool because I skipped getting his autograph as C3.

E...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2006, 11:11 AM »
This show has been pretty good historically.  I'm pretty enthused by the fact that Gentle Giant is going to be one of the exhibitors.  It would be nice if they had a mini-bust exclusive, but I guess we'll have to settle for a Bust Up for this first go around.

One of the real surprises is the anemic turnout from the Star Wars actors.  Matt Wood is definitely a cool guy to have appearing, but there are no other actors doing the show.  What gives?  This is one of the biggest shows on the East Coast, and there's only ONE Star Wars actor?  Weird.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard World Philly - now Philadelphia Comic Con
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Anyone going to Philly Comic Con this year?  I'm going on Friday which is my standard day.  Looks like it'll be a good event for Star Trek fans.  No SW guests this year, probably all holding out for CV.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard World Philly - now Philadelphia Comic Con
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Masters of the Universe toy line is being inducted into this year's ToyFare Hall of Fame at Philly CC.

Also being inducted:
Georg Brewer, VP of Design and DC Direct Creative
Jeremy Padawer, Executive VP of Marketing, JAKKS Pacific, Inc.
Robert Tonner, founder of Tonner Dolls, Inc.

E...