Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 125974 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2004, 09:06 AM »
Riddle me this, riddle me that, how does the seller know if they glow if there sealed!  ::)  Opened then resealed?

Bust Ups SRIRIT OF THE REBELLION Glow in Dark

Damm!   :o

Star Wars Spirit Rebellion Bust Ups Chase Glow in Dark

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2004, 02:26 PM »
Like Nick said, the Bust Ups are about 2" tall.  They're basically about the size of a Hasbro figure, but just cut off at the waist - and WAY more detailed.  They look very cool!

Jason's kinda right about the exclusive ones though - they're not too exciting.  Just clear versions of the regular ones, but hey - gotta have a "complete" set, right?!   :P

As for the Stormtroopers, I asked the GG rep there that exact question Dave - if they were like the regular GG busts where they had interchangeable arms and stuff, and he said NO - they're all different and have to be found/bought separately.  But if you're interested in "getting around" that potential issue, PM me for some further details...

Since these are "blind packed" and have the chase figures and such, it'd be very cool if we could set up a nice little trading club in here, ala the Kubricks (and the WOTC miniatures).

Looking forward to these.  They definitely impressed me at the show!   8)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2004, 04:09 PM »
Riddle me this, riddle me that, how does the seller know if they glow if there sealed!  ::)  Opened then resealed?

Bust Ups SRIRIT OF THE REBELLION Glow in Dark

Damm!   :o

Star Wars Spirit Rebellion Bust Ups Chase Glow in Dark

Each bust is individually sealed in a black plastic bag inside the white box.  Each plastic bag has a small round holepunch in them, just large enough that you can tell if yours is a glow in the dark one or not.  Obviously you'd have to take the tape off the ouside white box, but could probably just be pressed right back on again.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2004, 12:23 AM »
As for the Stormtroopers, I asked the GG rep there that exact question Dave - if they were like the regular GG busts where they had interchangeable arms and stuff, and he said NO - they're all different and have to be found/bought separately.  But if you're interested in "getting around" that potential issue, PM me for some further details...

ugh.

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2004, 10:23 AM »
There are:

3 different Stormtrooper

3 different Darth Vader (one is chase I guess)

2 different Boba Fett (one is chase I guess)

2 different Leia (one is chase)

4 different Clone Trooper - Blue is exclusives.What about others?All exclusives?

Correct me if anything wrong.

BTY,anyone have blue bust-up for trade?
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2004, 05:13 AM »
BTY,anyone have blue bust-up for trade?

Unless there's been a recent development that I haven't heard about, you've still got some trades to clear up first Wai, before you get into any new ones around here.  Sorry.  Please contact the staff if you have any questions about that, or explanations as to what's happening between you and some of the other forum members.  Hemish definitely comes to mind...

Thanks.

- Matt

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2004, 02:16 PM »
Got a blue Clone Trooper Bust Up, but by no means is it up for trade.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #52 on: August 1, 2004, 03:02 PM »
I am looking forward to the regular bust ups, these exclusive are just not as impressive to me. (I am thankful to have gotten 1 set of each at SDCC, want to keep a complete set.)
Looks like I will have to buy cases to keep up with the variations. :P

Even though I had to miss ToyFair this year, a good trade buddy has the blue clonetrooper bust up for me. Where would we be without our forum friends? :-*

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 1, 2004, 05:01 PM »
Where would we be without our forum friends? :-*

Prison?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: August 3, 2004, 02:47 AM »
Excellent.  How much, Brad?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #55 on: August 3, 2004, 11:00 AM »
I'll be selling myself in order to afford all of this Star Wars merchandise...

Excellent.  How much, Brad?

...I... I don't think I've ever felt this... akward... before.  :-X
« Last Edit: August 3, 2004, 11:01 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 9, 2004, 09:58 PM »
I hope Gentle Giant has some news for us at Wizard World this coming weekend about the Bust Ups line.  I'd love to know what the third wave is going to be like.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: September 3, 2004, 02:29 PM »
So, I've finally gotten the SDCC exclusive Spirit Bust-ups out to the fellas here, and it looks like there's been a little bit of surprise with them at just how small they really are.  Almost on par with the scale of the 4" Hasbro figure line.  But I think you guys will be a little more impressed when you get your hands on the regular (painted) bust-ups.  I think they looked real sharp at SDCC, and am pretty excited about them myself.

So, who all is going in on these?  We're gonna have to try to set up a little trading network here for them.   ;)  They should be coming out pretty soon I think.  Anyone remember the actual date?

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 3, 2004, 02:43 PM »
Count me in on them. Despite the smaller than expected size (even though I knew they were about to scale with the 3 3/4" size) I still think they are pretty cool. And for 5 bucks each, you can't go wrong there either. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: September 3, 2004, 02:58 PM »
Dave's customizing idea with these is certainly an interesting one.  Anxious to see how his comparison pix between this line and Hasbro's 4" line turn out.  Man, if that idea looks to be a good one, we may get a lot more competition for this line than we (and probably Gentle Giant) were ever expecting, which may not be such a good thing...   :-\