Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 127026 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2005, 12:05 AM »
Screw that.  I'll wait to see what he's going for later, but if he stays high, I'll probably ditch all the clear/holo Bust-ups.

Wuss.

You know damn well your OCD won't let you do that. They will just stay on your list for all eternity.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2005, 08:57 PM »
My precious ;D

My second order :-[ of bust ups arrived at Jim's place yesterday and of course he wanted to open them, and I wanted to know what was in there.  Turns out the second box he opened (my fourth of five boxes ordered) had the black hole stormie in the GH link :)  According to Jim, there are actually four stormie's in the box, three regs and the black, so that's awfully sweet.

As far as I'm concerned, the others don't exist, unless they drop below $30 a piece.  I'd love to have them all, but I am completely ecstatic to have just one :-*
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 08:58 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 14, 2005, 12:20 AM »
Congrats on the Blackhole Stormtrooper!  Glad to hear that at least one of us lucked out.

As far as I'm concerned, the others don't exist, unless they drop below $30 a piece.  I'd love to have them all, but I am completely ecstatic to have just one :-*

I think that's the best mentality to have with these chase pieces - if I got one, cool, if not, oh well.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #333 on: February 14, 2005, 02:00 PM »
You lucky bastard!

Nice score though.  At least we'll have one in the JD family now...   :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Matt will give you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it Brent.  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2005, 02:19 PM »
You lucky bastard!

Nice score though.  At least we'll have one in the JD family now...   :P

What am I, chopped liver?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Hey liver boy, which one did you get.  I saw your post a couple of pages back, but it didn't indicate which of the three you have. 8)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2005, 12:56 AM »
I got the rifle version.

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 15, 2005, 12:26 PM »
What am I, chopped liver?

After I saw the news about the Black Hole Stormtrooper, I went and ordered 3 sets.  Lo and behold, it paid off because I got one!  WOOHOO!

My most humble of apologies Sir!  29 years old, and the ol' memory is failing already...  Uh, what were we talking about?   ;)

My precious ;D
According to Jim, there are actually four stormie's in the box, three regs and the black, so that's awfully sweet.

Now that's cool, I somehow missed this comment before.  So you still get the regular 3 whites and a black.  That's a very cool bonus!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 15, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Yeah, I was surprised to get 4 Bust Ups in that box.  I'm not complaining in the least.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 15, 2005, 08:27 PM »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Well, I broke down and ordered a case of Series 2 from Action Figure Xpress last nite.  It's the first time I've ordered from them, so we'll see how things go - from what I've heard, I shouldn't have any worries. 

Unfortunately, the only options for shipping were ground (4-6 wks) or Global Express (couple days, but VERY pricey), so I went the cheaper route.  I guess it'll be a while before I actually see these babies.  But it should mean I'll have a few extras for trade or sale down the road if anyone's interested (I'm still looking for Luke and Yoda from series 1).   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2005, 11:30 AM »
Jesse, it's cool you ordered them and AFX is a nice store but the shipping is a bitch, worse than EE :o  Not sure if you checked, but Legends out of Montreal might have them too.  I was ordering Marvel Legends from AFX until I checked the Legends price. It works out almost exactly the same after exchange and I don't have to worry about potentially being hit with customs fees. 

Not at all knocking AFX, just trying to provide you with a Canadian alternative to check out.  AFX is very cool and I know chuckles and others have had great luck with them, Scott gets his Marvel Legends from them too, so a good store. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2005, 11:41 AM »
Yeah, I've checked out Legends, and they do carry the Bust-Ups.  But they only sell them in singles (not cases), and with the boxes being unmarked, it's a crapshoot as to what I'd get. 

So I figured I'd try going for the case of 12, at least I'm guaranteed to get all of the regulars, perhaps even a variant or two (I seem to remember there being some talk in this thread about the odds of getting a variant were pretty good, I'll have to do some searching).  And what the hell, I get those holo ones too.

And getting the case, I'll get another 3 stormtroopers, I can always use more of those!   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Ah yes, the holo figs, good point.  I didn't realize that Legends only sold singles, so good choice then.  But isn't that shipping amazing :o  I had my ML case going to chuckles in the US then up to me here.  Even with slow speed on shipping direct to Canada, I still saved $10 US :o

And speaking of chuckles, he's one of two guys that ordered from AFX just like you are - the 12 pack.  He and (sorry, can't remember) someone else both got complete sets including the variant Maul and variant Vader.  Mighty good deal there especially when you throw in the holo figs.