Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 127254 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #345 on: February 17, 2005, 12:13 PM »

He and (sorry, can't remember) someone else both got complete sets including the variant Maul and variant Vader. 

That would be me.   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 17, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Indeed.  I shant forget again. :-[
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 17, 2005, 08:32 PM »
I got a notice today that my Bust-Ups have been shipped -  8) - initally they said it would be a couple days before they left.  But I suddenly realized that they are being shipped by UPS ground, not USPS ground.  So they'll get here faster, but this means I'm likely going to get raped for more customs and fees by UPS.  I bet it would have been cheaper in the long run to just pay for USPS Global Express.   :'(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2005, 04:11 AM »
Keep us posted on whether you get the same lineup that Jay and Jim got, Jesse.  If you do, I'll probably bite the bullet and order from them as well.

So, it looks like Toy Fair IS having another exclusive Bust-up this year - Boba Fett.  But before I get into a total panic, isn't that the same one that we've already seen that's coming out in the Bounty Hunter wave?  Or is there a difference to it (besides the packaging) that I'm not seeing?

Please tell me that it's the same...  Please.   :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2005, 09:41 AM »
So, it looks like Toy Fair IS having another exclusive Bust-up this year - Boba Fett.  But before I get into a total panic, isn't that the same one that we've already seen that's coming out in the Bounty Hunter wave?  Or is there a difference to it (besides the packaging) that I'm not seeing?

Comparing the pics on the Scum, it appears to me that they are the exact same bust-up.  Boba is just repackaged for ToyFair, so I'd say it's safe to relax.   :)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about what the next set will be? (after the Bounty Hunters)

8)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2005, 01:35 AM »

Yes, it's the same.  You big girl. :P
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #352 on: February 21, 2005, 01:51 AM »
Cool.  Hopefully that's indeed the case...  I don't need any exclusive packaging, so that works just fine for me.  I was just concerned that it might be a slightly different paint scheme, or that there was some random little detail to set this one apart from the regular/chase upcoming version.

Sounds like that's probably not going to be the case.  Excellent.  Still haven't nabbed last year's exclusive Toy Fair Bust-up due to it's ridiculous price, so I was a little concerned we'd be going down that same road again here.  GG has developed a nack of late with pissing off some of it's completist collectors, after all...

As for what's in store after the Bounty Hunters, Starwax, nobody knows yet.  But I think it's probably a safe bet to assume there's gonna be a ROTS tie-in close to the movie's release, so I'd guess the next series will be related to that.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 21, 2005, 01:56 AM »
Cool.  Hopefully that's indeed the case...  I don't need any exclusive packaging, so that works just fine for me.  I was just concerned that it might be a slightly different paint scheme, or that there was some random little detail to set this one apart from the regular/chase upcoming version.

It is the same.  Trust me.  I have it right here.  It's the same.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #354 on: February 21, 2005, 02:34 AM »
You have the one from the new Bounty Hunter line too?  How'd you get that already?  Those aren't even out yet...  Or are you just comparing it to the pictures?

As for the next lineup for Series 4, I just noticed that GH is reporting that it'll contain ROTS Anakin, Obi-Wan, Sidious, Grievous, Clonetrooper, and...  and ESB Yoda?!?  Don't understand that last choice there at all.  Maybe there's some confusion or something, 'cause I don't see why the hell they'd stick an OT figure into an otherwise entirely ROTS wave...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 21, 2005, 09:48 AM »
The company has managed to capture the likenesses of Sith stars Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christiansen in a way that should probably cause the guys to lose a little sleep.

Uh?  What? :-\

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 21, 2005, 10:21 AM »
The company has managed to capture the likenesses of Sith stars Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christiansen in a way that should probably cause the guys to lose a little sleep.

Uh?  What? :-\

I'm in the same boat you are, Bug.

Noooo clue what he means.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #357 on: February 21, 2005, 03:30 PM »
It just means that the likenesses are so dead-on that it's scary.

Starting to get conflicting reports on that Yoda now, as to whether he's ROTS or ESB based.  Like I said, ROTS makes a lot more sense, since the rest of that Series is all ROTS.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 21, 2005, 03:42 PM »
I was arguing semantics.  Sith stars?  ROTSith yes, but they are not Sith (Ok, Anakin ends up one, but not Obi).  It's a poorly constructed sentence with duel interpretations.  And by duel, I meant two, not fighting.  Ah, screw it, the English language is absurd at best. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #359 on: February 21, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Well, these are the same guys who stuck Jango Fett into the ESB BH wave instead of IG-88, right?   :P

I wouldn't be surprised for them to stick an ESB Yoda into the RotS mix for that same reason I guess...

or maybe Yoda uses the same "I'm picking up an X-Wing" pose in RotS and it just confused the people attending the GG booth at Toy Fair?

Jeff

ps.
Still waiting for my Stormies to arrive from SWShop.com - I used the patented Brent move of "ordering in-stock stuff at the same time as out-of-stock stuff".  Man, that was stupid of me...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender