Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126235 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #435 on: April 27, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Rebel Wave:
Chewbacca
Han Solo
Leia
Luke
Yoda

Sith Wave:
Count Dooku
Darth Maul
Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader
Royal Gaurd
Storm Trooper (several variations)

Bounty Hunter Wave:
Boba Fett
Boosk
Dengar
4-Lom
Jango Fett
Zuckuss

I think thats all of them.  I didn't list variants or exclusives.  Hope this helps.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 27, 2005, 07:39 PM »
Need sleep, but thought I'd get pics of series 4 up for you folks as I imagine I'll be a wee bit busy at work tomorrow.  As always, photobucket is giving me grief with orientation and apologies for the quality at times:

So the series is:
Sidious/Palpatine
Obi-Wan
Grievous
Anakin
Yoda (OT)
Clone Trooper - 3 versions: green, red, yellow - presumably a couple of chase??

I forgot to upload the Anakin and Yoda figures. The Yoda is indeed OT.  I'll get it in soon.

Brent, the AOTC Clone Troopers are NOT part of series 4.  Here's the lineup as it stands now:

Sidious/Palpatine
Obi-Wan
Grievous
Anakin
Yoda - Dagobah
Clone Trooper - ROTS version, white

The chase piece in series 4 may be a paint variant of the Clone Trooper, but nothing has been announced yet.  Don't expect an answer on that until July.

Gentle Giant has shown the AOTC Clone Troopers since Toy Fair of 2004, and they have not included them in a series thus far.  I inquired with Gentle Giant as to when they might be available, but they have yet to make any sort of announcement about the AOTC Clone Troopers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 27, 2005, 09:28 PM »

I found mine at a local Borders bookstore.  May want to check there. Waldenbooks is affiliated, they may have them also.  Look around mine wasn;t in the SW section, but the regular comics TPB section.

Can you give me the ISBN# on the box boba?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 27, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Thanks Nick, I didn't get a clear answer from the guys at the booth, so I was guessing.  Hope it was clear from the ?? at the end.  I'd like to see those variations myself, others may not.

Is anybody interested in the trade paper back, but not the bustups that come with it?  I'd be willing to pay nearly half to get the bust ups from the set from Borders.  I really only need the Chewie to be up to date. 

I picked up all of series 3 today.  Paid a bit more than I'd like, but calculated it to be about the same as a complete set with silver Boba would have been off ebay after shipping.

Would have loved to have picked up the TF Boba too to complete the collection, but no joy here, I was so tired that day I wouldn't even have noticed. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 28, 2005, 02:57 AM »
Do you guys know if they're going to come out with a blue Clonetrooper like the one from ToyFare 2 years ago?  Also do you know if there will be any arm variations like the stormtroopers?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #440 on: April 28, 2005, 11:00 AM »

I found mine at a local Borders bookstore.  May want to check there. Waldenbooks is affiliated, they may have them also.  Look around mine wasn;t in the SW section, but the regular comics TPB section.

Can you give me the ISBN# on the box boba?

Here you go:
Crimson Empire set:
ISBN 1-59617-036-0
Clone Wars set:
ISBN 1-59617-030-1

First off, my bad, because I can't remember now which one I got at Borders and which at my local comic store.  I'm very sorry if I sent you on a goose chase.  The crimson Empire may have been the comic book one, and the Clone Wars may have been the Borders one.

If you're interested, send me an email, if you can;t find one, I think my local comic shop in Pgh. may have a set that he may be able to send you. I could forward the info along and I'll try and help you out any way I can.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 28, 2005, 11:34 AM »
Would have loved to have picked up the TF Boba too to complete the collection, but no joy here, I was so tired that day I wouldn't even have noticed. :-\

They were giving away the TF Boba at C3??? Dammit, that means I went to Toy Fair AND C3 and STILL haven't gotten one of them  >:(

BTW - the Crimson Empire set is the Comic Shop exclusive through Diamond Comics (although you may be able to find it in bookstores as well, I'm not 100% sure) but the Clone Wars set is a Border's exclusive. I actually picked that one up in Indiana at the Borders outside the Mall. We don't have any Borders here close to my house in NJ, so I was kinda happy to see it there.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 28, 2005, 12:44 PM »
I honestly don't see what the big deal is about the Toy Fair Boba Fett.  It's the same one that came out of the box in Bust Ups Series 3.  It just came in a little plastic baggie that said Toy Fair 2005.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 28, 2005, 12:47 PM »
Do you guys know if they're going to come out with a blue Clonetrooper like the one from ToyFare 2 years ago?  Also do you know if there will be any arm variations like the stormtroopers?

Gentle Giant has been mum about ANY AOTC era Clone Troopers.  They showed off those Clone Troopers when they introduced the Bust Ups line at Toy Fair in 2004, but they still have yet to make them part of the line.  Based on the fact that they have been produced at some level though, I think it's a safe bet that they could be part of the lineup for Bust Ups series 5 or 6.  However, that's pure speculation on my part.

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 28, 2005, 01:45 PM »
I honestly don't see what the big deal is about the Toy Fair Boba Fett.  It's the same one that came out of the box in Bust Ups Series 3.  It just came in a little plastic baggie that said Toy Fair 2005.

I thought the TF Fett was a miniature version of the regular GG bust? I'm 99% positive I've seen pictures of that bust in the bust-ups line size...

And hey Nick, if it's not that big of a deal, why don't you give me yours  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 28, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Nope, the Toy Fair Boba Fett is the same piece as the one that shipped in Bust Ups Series 3.  The Bust Ups version of the Boba Fett mini-bust was just a test/display piece that Gentle Giant was showing off at conventions and trade shows.  Gentle Giant did the same thing with Darth Vader, making a Bust Ups version of the Vader mini-bust.  That piece was never offered, either.

As for my Toy Fair Boba Fett...no deal.  I already opened it, and the plastic with "Toy Fair 2005" is long gone.

Feedback

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #446 on: April 28, 2005, 10:41 PM »

Yeah....but........it's a piece of plastic that says EXCLUSIVE. ;^)

Reminds me of the Malibu Stacey Simpsons, where Lisa tries to convince everyone not to buy the new doll just becasue it has a new hat. Smithers stands up and yells "but she has a new hat!", there's a pause and all the girls run to clear out the shelves.

It's a cool little piece.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 14, 2005, 01:21 AM »
Hmmm, this is interesting

Apologies for linking that other site but I haven't seen these on the front page here.  No terribly big surprises other than the clonetrooper bust up.  It looks awfully familiar to the three pack of stormtroopers with the multiple arm schtick going.  No indication it's a bust rather than a bust up, so I'm presuming the latter.

What happened to the bust ups from the photos above, they're not in the press kit?  What gives?

Rest of the stuff looks nice too.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 19, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Did I miss something?

Chase Stormtrooper Bust Up w/Variant Rifle sold for $33??

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 19, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Did I miss something?

Chase Stormtrooper Bust Up w/Variant Rifle sold for $33??

A sucker is born everyday.    :P  That's isn't rare. I got mine for $5 when they first came out.