Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126775 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #645 on: January 9, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Jay, where do you go that lets you open the boxes? I'm looking for other places to purchase these than just Frank's. They open all of them and take the variants so have no chance in getting one from there at retail.

Ray, I just opened them up myself.   ;)  Basically I opened a Wampa to make sure it was the regular I needed then I decided to open the two Vaders they had and got lucky on the second one.  Since Vader is paired with the AT-AT chase I opened the two Suncoast had but no chase.  I just make it look like I'm looking at the products.   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #646 on: January 9, 2006, 02:43 PM »
I'm sure I already mentioned this, but God, these chases are getting absolutely ridiculous.  The entire Hoth wave being replicated into "ice" form is absolutely lame, not to mention the Gree chases that are practically making me rethink this entire line now.

I may have already asked this, or missed the info on it, but did the Vader Bust-up from the Hoth wave ever come in that flaming base, as we saw at C3 and Comic Con?  Or did that one get the axe altogether?

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 9, 2006, 03:23 PM »
I may have already asked this, or missed the info on it, but did the Vader Bust-up from the Hoth wave ever come in that flaming base, as we saw at C3 and Comic Con? Or did that one get the axe altogether?

I'm thinking it was scrapped Matt.  If Vader was produced I'm thinking we would've seen it already.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 9, 2006, 04:40 PM »
isnt there an article about that for sale(on the news,bottom article) over at mousedroid.com?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 9, 2006, 10:28 PM »
Please do not read below if you have gentle sensibilities:
**** me gently with a red hot poker ::) 

So there's an ice variant AND a fire variant?  Greaaaaaaaaat.  Just ******* great.

Of course this is not conclusive proof, merely the suggestion that they may well yet exist, but mousedroid may be working with older information.  I like Jay's suggestion, but would like to know for sure.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 10:41 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 9, 2006, 10:51 PM »
I think they've had that picture on there for a while, but I was assuming it was based on what we saw at C3 and never actually came to fruition.  I'd certainly have preferred that over these ice variants.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 9, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Really digging that Vader with flames, but I haven`t seen an new pics since
C3 or so. Nothing on eBay or the various forums, unless its a REAL bitch to find
and no one online has turned one up yet.
Stupid Ice!
Adam

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 18, 2006, 02:50 PM »
If you are a gentle giant newsletter subscriber, check your emails. They are offering the holiday salicious crumb and sets of the ice deco bust ups on their web site to subscribers. I don't want crumb myself, but thought some of you may be interested-

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 18, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Picked up a set of Ice for $48 shipped.  I guess that's better than driving around town looking for them.   ::)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 04:33 PM by JayDouble »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 18, 2006, 07:36 PM »
I snagged a set of the ice variants as well.  This after buying a Vader ice for $9.99 BIN last night ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 18, 2006, 10:05 PM »
My Clone 4-packs showed up today:

It arrived in one of my battle-damaged sets with the blue clone in the window.  My set with the orange clone in the window did not contain one, but one outta two ain't bad.   ;)  8)

Unfortunately, my 2 sets of regular clones were identical.  :-\  Anyone have a set they want to trade?  Both of my sets of regular clones have the blue clone in the window.
- blue with blaster
- white with blaster
- grey with rifle
- orange with rifle

I snagged a set of the ice variants as well. This after buying a Vader ice for $9.99 BIN last night ::)

Brent, I need an Ice Vader, so I'd take it off your hands.  :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 10:06 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 18, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Does anyone know where they still have some of the BD Clone 4pks available? Went to buy a couple sets this weekend and saw that SWS.com is out of them  :-[.

Question, what is the average selling price for the Blackhole Stormtroopers now? I want one of these but don't want to spend more than I have to.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #657 on: January 18, 2006, 10:24 PM »
My Clone 4-packs showed up today...

You lucky bastard!!  >:(

Unfortunately, my 2 sets of regular clones were identical.  :-\

What do you mean they're identical, and that's a problem?  Do you mean that you ordered the battle damaged ("dirty") versions too, but they only sent you two of the regular ones?

As far as I know, there's only 1 version of the "regular" Clones.  I don't think they're like the Stormtroopers with a bunch of different arm combinations, are they?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 18, 2006, 10:48 PM »
Unfortunately, my 2 sets of regular clones were identical. :-\

What do you mean they're identical, and that's a problem?

I ordered 2 sets of regular clones and 2 sets of battle damaged clones.  Each set comes with 4 colors and there's 2 possible poses for each clone.

This picture should help me explain what I mean:

The front 2 rows are my battle damaged sets (each row is one set).

Set #1 (front row):
- grey with blaster
- orange with blaster
- blue with rifle
- white with rifle

And then second set has the poses/weapons reversed:

Set #2 (middle row):
- grey with rifle
- orange with rifle
- blue with blaster
- white with blaster (which was replaced with my Gree)

The third/back row is the set of regular clones I opened, which has the same poses as Set #2 (but without the battle damaged apps).  So I need the set of regular clones that has the same poses/weapons as Set #1 of battle damaged ones.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #659 on: January 18, 2006, 10:50 PM »
As far as I know, there's only 1 version of the "regular" Clones.  I don't think they're like the Stormtroopers with a bunch of different arm combinations, are they?

I hope so!

It's my understanding that there's 3 different Stormtroopers that are out (which makes two variants, though they're all evenly distributed, I know).  Semantics.  I think from those 3, you can make up a total of 8 different arm combinations, essentially making 8 unique Stormies.

Yes.  Three Different Stormtrooper Sculpts:

BUT, there are only FOUR unique Arms.  Let's call the Stormies 1, 2, 3 from the photo above.

#1 and #2 share the same right arm (A), while #3 has a unique right arm (B)
#1 and #3 share the same left arm (A), while #2 has a unique left arm (B).

So, we have

1 - Right Arm A - Left Arm A
2 - Right Arm A - Left Arm B
3 - Right Arm B - Left Arm A
4 - Right Arm B - Left Arm B

You already get 1, 2, 3 in the packs, so the only one to create is #4 using Trooper #2's left Arm and #3's right arm.

THEN, you switch the guns around (TWO different guns) to get the 8 combos.

2 right arm X 2 left arm X 2 guns = 8 combos

1 - Right Arm A - Left Arm A - Long Rifle
2 - Right Arm A - Left Arm B - Blaster
3 - Right Arm B - Left Arm A - Blaster
4 - Right Arm B - Left Arm B - Long Rifle
5 - Right Arm A - Left Arm A - Blaster
6 - Right Arm A - Left Arm B - Long Rifle
7 - Right Arm B - Left Arm A - Long Rifle
8 - Right Arm B - Left Arm B - Blaster

What I find funny is that in order to achieve all 8 stances, you may actually need FOUR of the SWshop.com 3-packs.   ::)

Since you only get 1 long rifle per set of 3 (according to the picture) and you need FOUR long rifles to complete the 4 figures, you'd need 4 sets of 3.  Also, you'd need FOUR of Trooper #2 and #3 each in order to mix the arms to get enough parts to make 2x Trooper #4 and still ahve 2x Trooper #2 and #3.  If you did that, you'd end up with another extra Trooper #1 everytime you make a Trooper #4, thus 2x more Trooper #1 from creating 2x Trooper #4.

SO, to truly cover your bases, you better order FOUR of the Stormie 3-packs.  Then, you'd have enough parts for:

1x Trooper #1 - Right Arm A - Left Arm A - Long Rifle
1x Trooper #2 - Right Arm A - Left Arm B - Blaster
1x Trooper #3 - Right Arm B - Left Arm A - Blaster
1x Trooper #4 - Right Arm B - Left Arm B - Long Rifle
5x Trooper #5 - Right Arm A - Left Arm A - Blaster
1x Trooper #6 - Right Arm A - Left Arm B - Long Rifle
1x Trooper #7 - Right Arm B - Left Arm A - Long Rifle
1x Trooper #8 - Right Arm B - Left Arm B - Blaster

OR, I could be completely wrong or the 3-packs are completely blinded and that would change the whole thing for how many you'd need.  It's suck if you ordered 4 sets and got 6 Trooper #1 and 6x Trooper #2, you'd be screwed...  :P

Jeff
Assistant JD.com Math guru