Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 125966 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #60 on: September 3, 2004, 06:36 PM »
well, i tried to take a few pics, but since the bust-ups are clear, they didn't turn out so good, and it's hard to really see them. too bad i didn't get the glow in the dark ones  :-\

but the scale is really, really close, but not perfect. the bust-ups look like they are just a bit large... only one way to find out for sure. when they get released in the regular issues, i'll have to try doing a little frankenstein work  ;D
« Last Edit: September 3, 2004, 06:38 PM by jokabofe »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2004, 10:42 PM »
Is/has anyone preordered these things yet?  If so, where.  Awfully tempted these days.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2004, 11:31 PM »
I pre-ordered wave 1 & 2 through my local comic shop.  Diamond Comics offers Gentle Giant product through their Previews catalog.  I get about a 20% discount off of the price that Diamond sets.  Not bad, IMO.  Support your local comic shops and they do solids like that for ya!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2004, 12:04 AM »
Hmm, haven't set foot in a Comic Shop for years :-\  The one I used to buy at closed up about 4 years after I stopped buying.  Aren't that many locally anymore it seems. 

Thinking about EE.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2004, 01:37 PM »
Uh, now that I have my bust ups from Matt (finally :P), I had no idea you had to put these together.  Is this the case for all of them?  I was completely unaware of this. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2004, 01:40 PM »
I think that's the case with all of them

I saw AFX had the Bounty Hunter Case up for preorder

http://www.shopafx.com/stwabuse3.html

Why they made Jango instead of IG-88 is a head scratcher

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2004, 01:56 PM »
 :o

I thought GG had more brains than that.  Sheesh ::)  That makes no ******* sense at all >:(

So I took a look at the original pic of the Rebel bust ups.  Anyone else think it odd that they made 3PO in the spirit set rather than Chewie? 

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2004, 02:05 PM »
I wondered the same thing about why 3PO and not Chewie? But oh well.

I got a set of the Spirits of the Rebellion exclusive from Matt, and then noticed that they were still available on Gentle Giants website (and they still were, as of last night). I ordered an extra set for a friend, since he needed and wanted a set. The box came today, and I just had a feeling that I should check it and see which set I got. I opened the box, and was able to check the figures inside the bags by the small air hole... bingo!! Glow in the dark set. So, I did what any self-respecting Star Wars collector would have done.... keep the GITD set and sent him a link to where he can order his own :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2004, 07:45 PM »

Why they made Jango instead of IG-88 is a head scratcher

IG-88 will probably be an exclusive to some e-tailer.  That's what they're doing with the Spirits of the Rebellion Yoda.

Chewy does make an appearance in the first wave of Bust Ups, the Heroes Of The Rebellion.  He just didn't wind up in the convention exclusive set.

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2004, 08:11 PM »
So, I did what any self-respecting Star Wars collector would have done.... keep the GITD set and sent him a link to where he can order his own :)

You pig!  (and lucky dog!)

So, I think I picked up 5 of the Bust-up sets at Comic Con, and now that Brent's opened the final one, does that mean I went 0-5 on the Glow in the dark versions?  I think that's the case, since I don't recall any of you mentioning getting a GITD version.  If so, that sucks.

Well, at least Dave managed to snag one.  But to tell you the truth, I don't particularly care for the GITD versions (and I'm currently hoping my completist tendencies won't require me to go get one).  I think the clear ones are more "unique" and cool looking, than the "chalky" looking GITD versions.  Of course, the GITD ones are obviously cooler if the lights are off, but how often are you really hanging out in the collection room with the lights off?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2004, 08:16 PM »
Nope, no GITD version here :-\  I was hoping for one and I'm not convinced my ways can avoid getting one of these.  Good for Dave though, I'd have done the same thing and contemplated ordering a set for just that reason.  Oh well, at least someone got a set. 

I knew Chewy was in the original set/regular release, I just thought it made more sense for the spirits to be those from the final scene in ANH.  And how precisely does a droid have a spirit ???

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2004, 08:18 PM »
And how precisely does a droid have a spirit ???

He's a Jedi droid, dumbass...   ::)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2004, 09:38 PM »
Where do you buy these at?  Just online?  Is there an actual store these are sold at?  I've never seen them any place.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2004, 09:44 PM »
The Spirits Of The Rebellion were a summer convention exclusive.  The first wave for retail, Heroes Of The Rebellion, isn't due to be out until later this month.  I haven't seen reports of any e-tailers receiving their orders yet, so it'll probably be at least a week or two until they arrive.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 09:46 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2004, 10:05 PM »
And how precisely does a droid have a spirit ???

He's a Jedi droid, dumbass...   ::)

Oh, so he's a Jedi?  He might be a Jedi's droid (technically a Sith droid, no?) but he's not a Jedi, yet.   :-*  Dickweed ::)