Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 125965 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2004, 03:19 PM »
Where do you buy these at?  Just online?  Is there an actual store these are sold at?  I've never seen them any place.

I think mostly online Brian, but maybe the usual specialty gaming shops (video and CCG), comic stores, and such may have them too.  But I'm pretty sure they're not going to be hitting regular retail though.

Still haven't delved into researching this line too much yet, so I'm still pretty clueless as to how all it's gonna go down.  But I think I need to obviously start by getting wave 1 from EE, since they've got the exclusive clear Yoda bust up.  Question is, if I order the "6 bust" option, am I getting one of each, or will they still be completely random and blind packed?  Are the actual boxes they come in blind, so they're not even like the Kubricks where you'd know what figure was inside?  If no one here knows, maybe I'll just give EE a buzz and find out.

Nick, you know the deal with 'em?  You seem pretty on top of the line so far...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 03:19 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2004, 06:16 PM »
I don't think these will be coming to "regular" retail, I.E. TRU, Target, Wal*Mart, etc. But they will be available at "specialty" retail, like you've said - hobby stores, gaming stores, and comic shops mostly.

As for the EE package, I would have to say that you will be getting 6 random bust-ups and the clear yoda. The boxes look like they are totally blind packed, kinda like those WOTC minis, so you won't even know who you'll be getting 'till you open the box. Didn't they have any boxes on display at SDCC?

And you do know that there is a 1/24 chase Leia out there, too, right? Good luck with that one, 'cause I know you need/want  it. Don't feel too bad, I do too.  :-\

Anyway, I took a few shots of the Bust-Ups I've got already, the Clear and GITD Spirits sets:

I'm really digging these after my initial shock/disappointment at their diminutive size, and can't wait for them to hit retail. I'm not sure what exactly I'm gonna do about buying them... case? Singles? I don't want to end up with a whole bunch of extras and nothing to do with them...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2004, 10:43 PM »
With the Leia being 1/24, are you guaranteed to get one with the EE 24 pack?  Is it a Master case like the Kubrick's?  If so, that may be the way for me to go.  I doubt these will even hit comic shops up here at all, certaily the mini's haven't.  (yes, I looked, I wanted to see what they looked like :-[)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2004, 03:51 PM »
I'm still on the fence with these as well, although they do look kind of nifty.  Plus, I can't really afford to on board for the regular bust line, so this might be an option.  I just noticed in the latest issue of Insider, there is an ad for these, and says they will be at Suncoast and Hot Topic.  Hopefully that will help some people find what they are looking for too.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2004, 04:50 PM »
I just placed an order for the EE six pack with the "Exclusive Clear Yoda" - grand total with shipping $40.94  ::)

That's $5.85 per figure. Let's hope I don't get any doubles... but I doubt it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: October 1, 2004, 09:20 AM »
http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=485

Stormtrooper Bust Ups...8 different configurations means you need to buy three sets to catch 'em all

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: October 1, 2004, 03:15 PM »
Stormtrooper Bust Ups...8 different configurations means you need to buy three sets to catch 'em all

Yeah, I already ordered my 3 sets this mornining.  Not really thrilled with the idea, but I guess if this is the only way of guaranteeing yourself all 8 different Stormies, then, well... it's the only way to go.   :-\

My question is, will the loose arm configurations in these 3-packs these be the same as the ones that will be available in the upcoming Sith Collection wave of Bust-Ups?  From what I understand with those, your only getting one individual Stormie in each box, so it'd be quite challenging to put together all 8 that way.  That's pretty much what a GG rep told me at Comic Con too - just be patient with the (8) Stormtroopers, 'cuase a much better buying alternative will be available for them later, rather than going for them in the regular set.

Either way, looks like I'll be winding up with at least a few duplicate Stormies (including what I get in my Sith set).  So if anyone wants my extras, LMK!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 1, 2004, 06:41 PM »

Yeah, I already ordered my 3 sets this mornining.  Not really thrilled with the idea, but I guess if this is the only way of guaranteeing yourself all 8 different Stormies, then, well... it's the only way to go.   :-\

Um, didn't you tell me a story a little while ago? ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: October 1, 2004, 06:51 PM »
If you're referring to the "wait and see, and you will be happy" suggestion that I made to a few of you privately after Comic Con, then yeah - this is it (I think).  Their rep told me not to totally stress over trying to get ALL 8 of the different Stormtroopers individually, in blind packed boxes, but that there would be a better alternative to getting them all a little later on...  Well, I'm assuming this is what he was referring to, so I'm hopping in there and getting mine now!   ;)

I don't thing anybody realized that the better alternative he hinted at would be announced before the original alternative (Sith Collection wave) was ever released though, thus making that little secret he told me there a rather moot point now.

Is that what you're talking about Brent?  Or am I off in left field here?  Or just having some total senile brainfart, or what?!   :P

Off to go get my EE exclusive clear Yoda (and friends) now.  Let the Bust-ups collection begin!  Kinda...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #84 on: October 1, 2004, 07:01 PM »
****.  Wait a damned minute here!  What am I doing?  Aren't I supposed to be collecting only the OT Bust-ups?  Meaning I don't really need the exclusive clear Yoda, since he's the lightsaber wielding AOTC version?

Oy.  Ugh.  Hmm...  I'm confused.  Someone please help me.   :-[

Signed,
Confused in Cali

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 1, 2004, 07:03 PM »
Old age catching up to you Matt!  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: October 1, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Almost!!!   >:(

I need some visual checklists here to help me think straight:

Series 1

Series 2

Series 3

Dammit.  I think I kinda want the Maul and Dooku.  Jango and Yoda are spiffy as well.  But the thought of trying to collect what will likely be about 7,000 Clonetroopers almost make me wanna cry.  ****.   ???

Signed,
Even more confused now   >:(
« Last Edit: October 1, 2004, 07:10 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 1, 2004, 07:09 PM »
 ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: October 1, 2004, 07:12 PM »
You shut up!!!   >:(

OK, how 'bout this:  I go with everything in the Bust-ups range, but only OT in the nicer ($45) Gentle Giant bust line...  How's that sound to everyone?

Or maybe I can try to do what I'm doing in the Unleashed line: all of the OT, and just a few PT ones that I like...  Think that would work?

Yeah, me neither.  I'm already pressing my luck (and will) with my OCD with the Unleashed line already...

Dave, Jim...  Talk to me bud(s).  I seek your guidance and wisdom here.

God, Star Wars collecting is hard.

:'(
« Last Edit: October 1, 2004, 07:16 PM by JediMAC »

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 1, 2004, 07:16 PM »
Do what I'm going to attempt to do. Collect everything.  ;D :-\