Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126224 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2004, 02:32 PM »
Series 2 looks to be a Vader chase and Boba Fett for series 3.

That would be my guess too (I think I mentioned that a few pages back), since those were the only Bust-Ups at Comic Con that had two different versions of the same character (other than the Stormies and Leia, of course).

A Fett chase is gonna be pretty damned tough, that's for sure.  The second Vader bust where he's just standing in a rather boring position doesn't look too exciting, so I think it won't be quite as popular as Fett, and not so tough to get.  The Leia Chase is proving to be a little easier to nab from the reports I've seen around the boards so far, so that's definitely a good thing.

Has anyone seen any ratios yet on the Leia (or future) Chase figures?  Were they promised to be one per case, or anything like that?  I can't remember...

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2004, 02:39 PM »
Has anyone seen any ratios yet on the Leia (or future) Chase figures?  Were they promised to be one per case, or anything like that?  I can't remember...

I know the ratio of just a Leia figure is 3 per case, according to the boxes. So until someone buys a full case and can verify things, I'm thinking it's either 2 regular Leia and 1 chase Leia per case, or 3 regular Leias, and the chase Leia just replaces any one of the other figures in the case.

But yeah, they don't seem to be too HTF if you got both versions in your 6 pack and I got both versions in my 12 pack. I'm liking these easy to find variants.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2004, 03:03 PM »
Yeah, the horseshoe twins are all about ****-eating grins aren't they >:( ;)  We'll see how easy it is to get. 

Liking the thought of a Vader chase though, boring or not.  I'll order a case of those and then one three pack of stormtroopers.  Be able to sell of a full set of series two and only have to unload 5 Darth Maul (which should still sell well) and the remaining three Vaders - one Vader for me, one chase Vader, one in the second set and then three left, cool. 

Tougher on the bounty hunter side.  I'm much less excited by bounty hunters than most people, so that might be a six pack order again. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2004, 09:04 PM »
I got my EE six pack the other day, and got:

1 - clear Yoda (duh)
2 - Leia (regular)
1 - Leia (chase?)
2 - Han
1 - Luke

Not too bad, I guess. It was kinda stupid to think that by ordering a 6 pack I was actually going to get all 6, huh? I also got the 6 Stormtrooper mini-busts that I preordered. Didn't know there were coming with a bustup, was a pleasant surprise... kinda. But of course all I got was Leia, Leia, Leia, Leia, Leia, and Leia  :-\ - all regular versions.

Anybody want to trade a Yoda, Chewie, or 3P0 for a Han, Leia, Leia, Leia, Leia, Leia, Leia, or Leia?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2004, 04:31 AM »
****.  I just started working out a deal with JuvyD for my second 3PO extra, which would've worked perfect with you since I could've used your Han.  I still may need it actually, depending on what Brent allows Jim to send me.  Stay tuned, and I'll try to let you know real soon!   :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2004, 03:00 PM »
Hey, tell that JuvyD character to respond to my pm's over at snowtroopers ;)  I've got a nicely packed box of 31 figures to send him just waiting for an address. 

Leia.....Leia.......Leia........Leia........Leia.........Leia.........Leia.......Leia chase

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2004, 11:07 PM »
I got a Leia chase.

Didn't even know it until I checked out RS' coverage. I'm not sure if I'll bother getting the regular version.

Talk about dumb luck.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2004, 01:45 PM »
Nice score Ben!   8)

But you've gotta be a whacko completist like the rest of us, so go nab yourself the other Leia too...  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2004, 01:37 PM »
Placed an order for the case of 24 on the Sith set.  Hoping that guarantees me the Vader chase piece. I'll have to order my stormtroopers over at SSW.com I guess.  Only two stormies per case it seems, so need to order a few there. 
I'll be selling off a set of the Sith Bust ups if anyone is interested for $30 and shipping, which should be pretty cheap.  Will also have extras of Maul and Vader, presuming the info from SSW.com is correct. 

Dave is taking the second set. :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 08:14 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 1, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Well, while Kubrick land has completley taken over JD for the moment, I thought I would point out for those that are completeists, or intending to be so, with this little sideline, that Leia's chase version can easily be had for $5 plus shipping on ebay these days.  Shipping varies from just a shade under $2 to nearly $10 in some cases ::)  Either way, the figure itself can currently be had for very cheap, often going for less than some of the regular items when the right buyer is hungry. 

Also for the completists in the crowd, the blue clone convention exclusive bust up is creeping up slowly, for the time being.  It was going in the $25-30 range but is now up in the $30-40 range on ye olde ebay.  No idea whether it is a temporary upward shift or not.  Patience, as always, is a virtue.  Unless you're talking about a Riddell Stormtrooper helmet or Vader Bust ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #130 on: November 2, 2004, 02:02 PM »
Hey Brent, I hear I'm your new best friend, as far as completing your current set, eh?!   :-*

As for that Blue Clone, yeah, I've been eyeing those.  Giving me a serious headache they are...   >:(

But at least it looks like the "chase" pieces in this line won't be hard (or expensive) at all, so that's definitely a relieving thought.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 2, 2004, 02:05 PM »
Yup, but I don't think I ended up impacting your trade at all, so I'm not so bad myself.  I was quite fortunate with my order, getting all but 3PO, so very nice. 

And yeah, chase pieces are very cheap so far.  I wonder if they'll change the ratio at all to make them more rare to generate interest?  Happy to have my blue clone though, $30.00 dlvd to Jim's place. 

Still can't believe no IG-88.  Two chase pieces in the bounty hunter wave?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 3, 2004, 01:33 AM »
Hi guys.  Pretty new here, but I've finished reading this thread and it got me very excited about these (more collections to complete - great!).  It seems that buying a case of these is pretty expensive - even on sale they're $100US at SWS.com.  I managed to find a few sets of series 1 on eBay (excuse me, ePay) for $20 - $25.  If you buy a case, you're going to be stuck with many duplicates obviously - have you guys had much luck trading them away, or are you stuck with them?  I'm just wondering if the cost of a case is worth the chance of getting a chase Leia, or if I should just give up on the idea of getting the chase figure and be happy with a complete regular set.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2004, 01:34 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #133 on: November 3, 2004, 01:47 AM »
I'm just wondering if the cost of a case is worth the chance of getting a chase Leia, or if I should just give up on the idea of getting the chase figure and be happy with a complete regular set.

Hey Jesse -
Welcome aboard!  As for your question, based on the Leia chase that we've been discussing, it sounds like it's not hard, or expensive, at all to acquire - almost the same amount as all the rest, which puts it at just a paltry $5.  So with that in mind, I'd say your best bet is to just buy yourself a complete set of 6, and then just buy the Chase figure on eBay, or trade for it.  Heck, if you don't mind doing some trading, and a little footwork that goes with it, you can pretty much just buy any 7 Bust-Ups, and trade enough 'til you complete your set.  Until the chase busts prove more difficult (like in the Kubrick line), I'd say buying a case, or even more than just 6 or 7, is a waste.

Just post your extra haves and your needs around the boards, and I think you may be able to polish things off.  But ya' better move quick, 'cause I think most of us are closing in on complete now through some trading we've already done in the past few weeks.  In that respect, I'd say timing, and being involved with the trading aspect from the initial release, may be beneficial in your trading quests.

Anyway, good luck!  Let us know what we can do to help!   ;)

- Matt

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 3, 2004, 11:07 AM »
Thanx for the info Mr. Matt JediMAC.  I've always just collected the Hasbro figs, but these mystery packed Bust-Ups add a little more excitement to the chase.  I'll probably try and find a complete regular set for this 1st wave to get caught up, then maybe try a case for the 2nd wave so that I can do a little trading too!  Should be fun.  Just don't tell the wife...  (Normally, she's VERY understanding about my addiction, but adding more to the list could be trouble!  :o)  I'll see if I can find some goodies in your sell & trade sections.