Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 125969 times)

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Well, if you want to be truely nerdy about it, then you could put on TWO left arms,
or two right arms, or two right arms with different guns, or two right arms
with the same gun, or the 'battle-damaged' clones (with amputated hand), or
amputated left arm, or amputated right-arm ...  all for a whopping...(whips out calculator)  ..  74,792,484,394,001 godzillion different variations (not even
taking into account black-vs-white)  ;)

-BBr2D

p.s. in Spy-vs-Spy, the WHITE spy won more often. ;)
Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Looks like the Maul/Vader bust up holo 2pack is now shipping, just got an email yesterday.

Anyhow, I think this is what's on its way from AFX. ;^)
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2005, 03:00 PM »
If I can't nab a reasonably priced Blackhole Trooper, I may become rather inclined to remove myself from the growing insanity (and idiocy) of GG's obnoxiously stupid variant figures here - like all the clear/holographic crap.

I dunno.  Gonna have to think about this one.

Still haven't grabbed that Toyfair Clone either...   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Well, I'm pretty much firmly entrenched in the idiocy, so I'll stay for a while.  My case of Sith bust ups shipped out from EE today, so that will hopefully cover the regular chase pieces.  Jim informs me the AFX holo are on the way, as is the case with bobafett14.  I have the toyfair clone, so I'm almost caught up but for not knowing about the black stormie.  I don't have the GITD version of the rebellion crew and I may opt out of it.  I'm thinking I really don't need three of Luke/Leia/3PO/Han.  Two is plenty and I usually don't look at my toys in the dark :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2005, 08:14 PM »
And here's our first guinea pig in testing the market value on these suckers...

$40 opening bid...  :-\

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2005, 08:34 PM »
I just got my 3 3-packs today in the mail. No black stormie.  :'(

Also got my shipping confirmation today that my 12-pack of series 2 and the holo-Sith 2 packs that I ordered are on the way. Bout freaking time.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2005, 01:30 AM »
And here's our first guinea pig in testing the market value on these suckers...

$40 opening bid...  :-\

Please don't sell, it'll just prompt others to sell at this ridiculous price. 

My 3 3-packs should be waiting for me when I get home in a couple days, so I don't know yet if I'm going to need to track it down.  Actually, I don't think I'll bother - if I get one, great, if I don't, oh well.  This is one series that I refuse to be completist about.  Regular releases are fine, but I have absolutely no interest in the glow-in-the-dark and other BS.

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2005, 02:30 AM »
This is one series that I refuse to be completist about.  Regular releases are fine, but I have absolutely no interest in the glow-in-the-dark and other BS.

I actually like the Glow in the Dark set.  Besides, if you want a glow in the dark set for cheap, just go on Ebay.  Everyone and their grandmother has been selling bootleg sets for quite a few months now.

I just feel bad for all the people buying them thinking they are getting a real GG product. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #278 on: January 29, 2005, 02:52 AM »
Is there an easy way to tell if they're bootlegs, Spyder?  I haven't paid much attention really, but don't have this set yet, and may want to track one down some day.  So any precautionary advice would be helpful...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 02:52 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2005, 04:07 AM »
Are the stormies slated to be at stores like other bust-ups have been?

I ask because I'm kinda wanting one or two of them for custom projects, but I don't wanna get into shipping and all that garbage... 

This line would irk the hell out of me.  I am glad, well at least to an extent, that I am relatively poor. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #280 on: January 29, 2005, 05:05 AM »
Yeah, they're shipping in the regular individual Bust-ups boxes as well Jesse.  Granted, there's 3 different versions of it available, so you potentially wouldn't know which you'd be getting...  But with everyone who's ordered these army building sets here, there's probably a decent chance there'll be an extra or two floating around at some point, I'm sure.  SWS.com advertised only 8 different poses, but we got nine Stormies, so maybe someone will ditch one of their extras on the off chance SWS.com is actually correct (which appears highly doubtful at this point, though I've been too lazy to verify that).

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2005, 05:54 AM »
Is there an easy way to tell if they're bootlegs, Spyder?  I haven't paid much attention really, but don't have this set yet, and may want to track one down some day.  So any precautionary advice would be helpful...

There is a very easy way.  All you have to do is look at the Leia Bust Up.  If her gun is pointed "up" then its a bootleg, if her gun is pointed out in front of her then its authentic.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 31, 2005, 05:57 PM »
Got my Holo packs today.  I actually like them.   I'd post pictures but don't know how.   ???

Here's my case breakdown:
3 Stormtroopers (Rifle, Blaster Up, Holding Blaster with 2 hands)
1 Dooku
3 Darth Vader 2x reg (saber right hand) 1x var (Saber in left hand)
3 Darth Maul 2x reg (Both hands on saber) 1x var (one hand)
1 Darth Sidious
1 Royal Gaurd

My extras are 2x Vader reg and Maul variant.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 06:23 PM by JayDouble »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #283 on: January 31, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Wow.  Nice mix there Jay!

That's the case from AFX?  I was wondering if I bought one of those if I'd be assured of getting at least one of each Bust-Up, includine the chase/variation ones...  Sounds like that's exactly what you got.  Had I known that, I would've probably just ordered a case off them.

As it stands, I still haven't done **** regarding Series 2, outside of getting the Stormie army building sets from SWS.com

Speaking of which, see what the Blackhole Stormtrooper is going for?  Last I saw, one was up to $44 with several bids on it.  There goes my complete set, 'cause I ain't paying that much for that piece of crap.   >:(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 31, 2005, 06:51 PM »
That's the only one on ebay thus far.... anybody know how many of these were made, or what the ratio is for finding one? Got my builder packs today and not a blackhole trooper in sight  :'(