Author Topic: Video Games That Suck?  (Read 6928 times)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Video Games That Suck?
« on: May 18, 2006, 12:43 AM »
Had to post this **** over here.

Another great opinion by JD's favorite RS idiot, MISTERKENOBI

Gamecube is a 1000% better system than PS2. PS2 is the biggest POS ever labelled as a video game. Give me a Virtual Boy over a PS2.

Nintendo beats the hell out of Sony any day of the week. Nintendo's worst game is better than PS2's best. This system (it's the first I've heard of it) will no doubt rule! I already own a 360, and I laugh everytime I think about PS3. But the price and titles for this system speak for itself. I will own one of these without a doubt.

PS3 will be good. That is, if you only like games like Madden or Fight Night. Other than that, the system will make a fine $600 DVD Player.

I have neglected my GC for a few months, so I went out and bought a few games for it today, the Megaman Anniversary Collection, the Megaman X Collection, and the Sonic Mega Collection. Awesome!

His opinion, I understand, but to prefer the Virtual Boy over a PS2???? Come on!  ::)
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:47 AM »
Meh...  I'm not surprised by any of the tirade's randomness.

I actually agree to an extent though that the GameCube's superior to the PS2...  it is in my eyes anyway.  I've appreciated it more than the PS2 I play with the kids.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 01:13 AM »
I don't own any of the consoles but I've played plenty of games on all of them.  IMO the X-Box is really where it's at for the hard core gamers.

Game Cube seems to have a lot of great games for younger players, though.  Nintendo was the go to system a few years ago for SW games but now that you can get them on the X-Box why bother?

For the price I never really understood the Playstation 2 or the 3 that's coming out.  My buddy John has all three (GC, PS2, XBox) and it's been years since he powered up the PS2.

Another friend, Jared, still plays PS2 games but whenever we have a gaming night it's the X-Box that gets the attention.  Now that he just picked up his 360 I doubt it'll be long before he boxes up the PS2 and I don't think he's even thinking about getting a PS3.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:36 AM »
Had to post this **** over here.

Another great opinion by JD's favorite RS idiot, MISTERKENOBI

You mean to tell me that matkat'sinthecradleandthesilverspoon is being an annoying blowhard about something?!  Get outta town!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:48 AM »
You mean to tell me that matkat'sinthecradleandthesilverspoon is being an annoying blowhard about something?!  Get outta town!

Well, my constant battles about him belittling others and their opinions will probably result in me getting banned from RS.  KENOBI is always happy to say that he is "God", so if I piss him off enough, I'm sure he'll complain to the RS mods.

He made some great comments on the Pantera thread as well.

As for the PS2 arguement, I won't disagree with the Xbox being superior to the PS2.  That's an advantage to coming out a year later than the PS2.  BUt why spend another $200-300 for another system just for slightly better graphics?  If the game is the same on both consoles, I prefer to play it on the PS2 b/c of the controller.  As for Nintendo, I just don't want to play Mario or Metroid anymore.

And the online play is FREE on the PS2.  that is reason enough to play SW Battlefront on the PS2!!!  ;D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 03:56 PM »
Nintendo beats the hell out of Sony any day of the week

There's nothing I enjoy more than the one-sided opinions of videogame fanboys engaging in console wars, ready to fall on their sword in support of whatever they've spent money on.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 09:40 PM »
There's nothing I enjoy more than the one-sided opinions of videogame fanboys engaging in console wars, ready to fall on their sword in support of whatever they've spent money on.

It's truly sad, isn't it?

Ever since I was a kid and envied the hell out of my best friend's Nintendo (while I had only Atari), or his Sega (while I had only Nintendo)....I still never had the fanboy gene.

If I didn't own a console, I'd try to save up for it.  Sure, I like the one I have....but that doesn't mean the other ones suck.

I've owned (or religiously played) just about every major console ever....and they all have their good points.  Fanboys are idiots.
Got Clones?

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 10:40 PM »
Fanboys are idiots.

I always thought you were an Xbox fanboy  ;D

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 10:47 PM »
Fanboys are idiots.

I always thought you were an Xbox fanboy  ;D

Nah... he just thinks the Xbox is the best and everything else sucks.   8)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 12:32 PM »
Nah... he just thinks the Xbox is the best and everything else sucks.

I do think the Xbox 360 is my best system, but that doesn't mean I think everything else sucks.  That's the biggest difference between the hardcore gamers like myself and the hardcore fanboys.  We never pledge allegiance to any particular system, we just go where the games are. Most of us spring for multiple systems because we recognize no ONE system has it all. 

Yes, I'm partial to the 360. They showed a TON of games at E3 that I know I'll be buying over the next year.  I even got to play a few of the demos thanks to the E3 at home thing they did on Xbox Live.  I COULD only play those games and probably be just fine, but then I'd miss out on all the other good stuff the competition is working on.  I have no intention of letting that happen.  ;D

Oddly enough though, with the two new consoles coming out this fall, the system launch I'm still looking most forward to this year is still the DS Lite.  I plan to get one of those suckers on launch day, so I can play my New Super Mario Brothers game on it.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:33 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 09:00 PM »
I plan to get one of those suckers on launch day, so I can play my New Super Mario Brothers game on it.

Damn straight. I'm playing it now and loving it, but I won't be caught dead in public playing the DS. Can't wait for a Lite to use instead.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 12:24 PM »
I'd love to by a used DS so I can play the new Super Mario Brothers (and the 64 version) but I'm worried that the dual screens are "uncomfortable" to use - does the gameplay involve both screens?

Does anyone have both a PSP and DS?

(I know it's the wrong thread, but I can't find a DS thread)....

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 01:46 PM »
I have a PSP and a DS...

DS is great for games. Ruiner, the Dual Screens aren't uncomfortable at all, and gameplay DOES involve both screens. However, it isn't hard to play. You use the pen and the bottom screen to move your character, and you look top screen, which is where all the action occurs. You can also adjust the controls to where you move with the D-Pad and play with the A/B/X/Y buttons. You kind of have to play it for yourself first to get the hang of it, it's really a unique gaming experience that words can't describe.

To be honest, I only bought a PSP for that GTA game (which is coming out for PS2 and Xbox next month ::)), and I find myself only using the multimedia features (mainly internet) more than the games...

So in all, if you want more multimedia features go for the PSP. If you only want games, go for the DS.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 04:31 PM »
In the case of Mario, the bottom screen is used sparingly during gameplay. You can touch the screen to activate powerups, and when you enter certain pipes play will move to the lower screen to imply depth. It's a pleasant surprise to see them lay off the gimmicky touch screen pda aspects of the handheld.

Overall, I agree with Diddly that the DS is the better gaming system. I haven't used my PSP in some time, and find it too large and impractical to travel with on daily trips. The load times on games consumed roughly 30% of my play time on my morning train commute. And the library of games I actually enjoy on the PSP can be tallied on one hand.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 06:06 PM »
EDIT: I feel like an idiot.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:42 PM by Roton7 »
Yo is what yo is.