Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 192897 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2013, 10:53 PM »
Snagged the Mandalorian Speeder and the Advent Calendar at the local LEGO Store this morning to get the Blue Clone Trooper. I had wanted to get the Battle of Hoth set but they didn't have any, so I went ahead and got the Advent Calendar. I didn't want to pay full price for it, but oh well.

Double VIP Points in October though. Gotta decide if I want to get the Sail Barge or the Ewok Village.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2013, 01:54 PM »
In October I'm thinking of of getting one of the Lego remote control train sets for my kids.  Anybody ever get any of these and have any thoughts on them.  Looks like there are two sets available right now - a cargo train and a passenger train.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Picked up seven of the new 2014 sets today at my local WalMart

Star Destroyer - Microfighter
Vulture Droid
General Grievous' Wheel Bike
Utapau Troopers
Death Star Troopers
Battle on Saleucami
Droid Gunship

I could have also grabbed the new Red/Gray V-Wing, Anakin's Yellow Jedi Interceptor and the AT-AP, but I wanted to pace myself purchase wise.

I was just super excited to find new Star Wars Lego sets!

I've built the Star Destroyer Microfighter - and while the ship is kinda ridiculous, it was still a fun little set to put together and I didn't mind getting it since the mini-fig was new.

I haven't built any of the other ones yet - but I'm sure I'll have them all done tomorrow - I can't leave a Lego set un-built for long.  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Since they were in the process of the toy aisle reset when I found those sets yesterday, I went back to my local WalMart to see if they put any more stuff out.

I was able to pick up the remaining five Microfighters: Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, TIE Interceptor, Turbo Tank & AAT.

I also grabbed the Republic AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Canon and the Kashyyyk Troopers set.

So I now have 14 of the new 2014 sets.

For the stuff coming out in the 1st half of 2014, I think I just need:

Anakin's Jedi Interceptor
V-Wing Starfighter
AT-AP
Droid Tri-Fighter
Coruscant Police Gunship

Everything else on the list for 2014 is for later this year...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2014, 11:29 PM »
This week - I picked up the following sets:

V-Wing Starfighter (Red/Gray from ROTS)
AT-AP

I have seen Anakin's Jedi Starfighter but I have yet to see the Droid Tri-Fighter and Coruscant Police Gunship.

So far though, the only place that has put out 2014 Lego Sets in my area is WalMart - so my thinking is that one or both of those two sets are going to be "soft" exclusives at either Target or Toys R Us. Toys R Us has been running the Buy-One-Get-One-50%-Off through, I believe yesterday, so my guess is that they have been purposely holding back to the 2014 sets for that sale to be over.

The Old Republic Jedi Defender Cruiser was exclusive in brick-and-mortar to Toys R Us, the Clone Wars BARC Speeder w/Sidecar & Starhopper sets were exclusive to WalMart, and the Umbaran Canon was exclusive to Target - so it's conceivable that those two remaining sets that I haven't seen aren't going to be carried by WalMart and are exclusive to either TRU or Target or both - only time will tell I guess....
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2014, 11:06 AM »
Picked up the Coruscant Police Gunship this morning at Toys R Us using the 15% coupon they sent out this week.

Also picked up two of the large Minifigure display cases so I can put all my loose Star Wars mini-figs in SOMETHING that will make it easier to display them.

I also pulled the trigger on the Wave 4 Planet sets via Amazon today - while the order was from three different sellers, because they were all being fulfilled by Amazon, it was only $68 for the set of three - which sucks since they were only supposed to be $10 each, but it's still way under the $80-$90 price tag a set of three has been getting on eBay.
Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2014, 05:45 PM »
Picked up the Utapau Troopers set for my son this week and we built it last night.  Has anyone else seen the new blasters on these figures?  They have little latches that make the guns fire, similar to some of the ships.  The set comes with a ton of extra light blue "lazers" (clear blue dots) to shoot.  Super cool!  They fly a good 5-6 feet too - way more than I expected.  How does Lego get away with this, but Rocket Fett or hard plastic guns from Hasbro are considered a chocking hazard?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2014, 07:30 PM »
Hasbro's answer on "soft" guns was always that they had their own level of safety standards.  I always called BS on that though.  Annoying.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42 AM »
How does Lego get away with this, but Rocket Fett or hard plastic guns from Hasbro are considered a chocking hazard?

I think it's due to size.

Those round clear blue/red studs that the new guns "fire" are very pill-like in that if a child were to swallow one, since it is round and features no sharp corners would cause no harm to the child.

Just a guess...
Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52 AM »
How does Lego get away with this, but Rocket Fett or hard plastic guns from Hasbro are considered a chocking hazard?

I think it's due to size.

Those round clear blue/red studs that the new guns "fire" are very pill-like in that if a child were to swallow one, since it is round and features no sharp corners would cause no harm to the child.

Just a guess...

I'd agree with that, but the little red missile from Rocket Fett isn't much larger if that's the arguement.  I can't see that blocking an airway.  Regardless, the new lego guns are pretty slick.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2014, 07:11 PM »
Fett's rocket was a no-go because he could shoot your eye out. In that light, how are the legos different?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2014, 09:44 PM »
I think there is some magic choke test that parts need to pass to be acceptable.  It simulates child's windpipe.  The parts either need to be small (pill like) so they can be swallowed, or so big that they can't lodge in your throat very easily.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54 PM »
Hasbro also has its own more stringent safety standards than the minimums set by toy safety...  Or so was the reasoning on soft accessories back in the qna days.  I generally felt it was cheap materials as that excuse varied by the session.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 2, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Picked up Anakin's Yellow Jedi Starfighter set yesterday while I was out running errands.

My local Target did finally put out the new 2014 sets yesterday. They didn't have anything I hadn't already seen, but there was a "wish list" type catalog dedicated to Lego in the aisle so I started thumbing through it.

Sure enough - on the page that was labeled as Target exclusives - there was the Droid Tri-Fighter set.

So for the 1st half of 2014, here are the brick-and-mortar retailer exclusives:

Toys R Us - Coruscant Police Gunship
WalMart - Republic Anti-Vehicle Canon
Target - Droid Tri-Fighter

Online you can get them at LegoShop.com and Amazon.com - so I believe the exclusivity is to store-fronts only.

Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 4, 2014, 03:44 AM »
I picked up the Sail Barge and one of the Imperial Guards battle packs today. Sail Barge was on sale for something like 10% off, and though I originally decided to buy the Ewok Village, I ended up going with the cheaper option. Also got the free Revan minifig.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks