Collectibles > LEGO

Recent Acquisitions

<< < (30/72) > >>

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: Diddly on May  7, 2014, 06:38 AM ---Yeah, people have been snagging the SSD everywhere it's sold. It's always been that way with LEGO though. Anytime there are rumors of a set's retirement, people go crazy (see the Jabba's Palace thing last year when stores sold out of the set because of the mosque controversy). Some people have been saving up for the SSD since it came out, and want one before it's gone, while scalpers see the dollar signs.

--- End quote ---

Yeah - I just called the local Lego store and it turns out they are out of them now as well - I guess folks have been going around snatching them up... Oh well, if I never get that set, I won't be heartbroken... Maybe I'll keep an eye on it on Amazon...

Pete_Fett:
This week's acquisitions:

2013 SDCC Jek-14 Microfighter
TC-4 Minifigure Polybag
Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
2014 Imperial Shuttle Polybag

For the Home One set, I really wasn't setting out to pick that one up off eBay, but I found a seller with multiple of the set for sale, selling it for $20 less than the MSRP - which in the Lego world is a rarity - most times things go up in cost, not down.

iFett:
Picked up the Tower of Orthanc last night.  I already have 1 black gate but think this warrents another.  Amazon has some mild 40% bogo stuff this week.

Pete_Fett:
My wife and parents teamed up and got me the Lego Super Star Destroyer for my birthday - it came back in stock for a brief period last week and they got it for me - so cross one more UCS/large SW set off my wish list... Can't wait to start putting it together, Vader's command ship was always one of my favorite designs from the OT.

solrac:
I got three The Hobbit bowman and two The Collectors from SDCC, didn't get Batman and that's the one I wanted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version