Collectibles > LEGO

Recent Acquisitions

<< < (48/72) > >>

Diddly:
Been on vacation the last few days but was still able to make it to a LEGO Store to get Poe's X-Wing (along with the 1960's Mr. Freeze polybag)

Diddly:
Stopped by the local LEGO Store for the May the 4th deals... to my shock, they had all of the sets included in the sale in stock (the store is small and doesn't have a great track record of having stuff in stock over the last year). I ended up just getting the Battle of Takodana set for $47.99, which is around what the set should cost to begin with. I also grabbed the Resistance Battle Pack for $10.50, which got me the Heavy Armor Stormtrooper promo minifigure. I debated getting the Resistance Transport for $55.99 but didn't want to spend that much cash.

TL;DR - TFA sets are overpriced.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Diddly on May  1, 2016, 01:39 AM ---I ended up just getting the Battle of Takodana set for $47.99, which is around what the set should cost to begin with.

--- End quote ---

Amen.  In my opinion this may be the most overpriced / lamest set they've produced in years for the Star Wars line.  (I know the new mega Hoth set is giving it a run for its money.)

About the only time I pass on a <$150 set is if its a slightly updated version of a set I already have.  Some have been overpriced and I've eventually gotten most for 30% off when the value gets better, but if this set were marked down 30% I'm still not sure I would pull the trigger.

Pete_Fett:
Ordered the following from Lego Shop since I was out-of-town on vacation, did it during the May the 4th promo weekend so I could get double VIP points:
- Assault on Hoth UCS Set
- Poe Dameron Buildable Figure
- AT-DP Microfighter
- Rebel Alliance Battle Pack
- Galactic Empire Battle Pack

Those last four items were in a 2nd online order so I could get two of the May the 4th Polybag First Order Stormtroopers.

I didn't make it to a Toys R Us on the Saturday the 7th so I picked up the Toys R Us Millennium Falcon mini-build from an online seller.

I also pulled the trigger on the Escape the Space Slug set from an eBay seller.

Lastly, I picked up from a UK seller the April 2016 & May 2016 UK Lego Star Wars magazines so I could keep that collection going...

Diddly:
That's quite a haul. I was honestly surprised to hear the Hoth UCS set did so well in sales, since it has the lowest rating on LEGO Shop's website.

If you don't mind me asking, Pete, how much did the Space Slug set set cost you? I had heard they were going for a few hundred dollars due to the scarcity (and $150 MSRP).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version