Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 192890 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #30 on: December 5, 2012, 11:45 PM »
Jealous! I'd love to go broke buying the Death Star, Shuttle and Star Destroyer but I have no room.

To stay on topic, I finally got the 2012 TIE Fighter on sale at Wal-Mart today
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 6, 2012, 07:05 AM »
Jealous! I'd love to go broke buying the Death Star, Shuttle and Star Destroyer but I have no room.

Whats the price at WM?  I think its on sale at Target for $35 right now.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 6, 2012, 09:07 AM »
I like Rob's haul better.   :)

Justin - I just threw the lil tie and pilot in there for giggles.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 6, 2012, 10:24 AM »
Ha, I'd probably prefer your total spent though.  Although the Death Star was only $140 after I cashed out my Amazon rewards, and the Ewok Attack and Droid Escape were a Buy-one-get-one-half-off deal combined with the Groupon.  The little Endor set was $3 after the Lego rewards... it was a lot, but not as bad as it looks.

Justin, the TIE was $35 at Walmart too - at least it was when I bought it about 10 days ago.  At the time it was $15 or so less than anywhere else, that's why I picked it up when I did.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 10:25 AM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 6, 2012, 03:32 PM »
Nice scores guys! The Death Star I ordered for my son arrived this week.  That is a huge box!  I got mine for just 10% and free shipping (along with a Lego Friends set for my daughter), so free shipping, $40 back from the sale, $20 back in VIP points, $18 back from Discover card (5% on online purchases), and the exclusive holiday ice skatting/carriage set for free.  I'm figuring about $330 plus the extra set. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 7, 2012, 12:19 AM »

Whats the price at WM?  I think its on sale at Target for $35 right now.

Same price, $35

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 9, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Still going...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 12:52 AM »
Nice haul!  Do you have a money tree that has started blooming?   ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Sort of.  I did a freelance job that left me with a little bit of an extra pile of money.  I've made back about $200 selling old movies off of the shelf... some of it is a Christmas gift from my wife.  Then I cashed in $200 worth of Amazon points to use on that death star... The tiny Endor kit was $3 after the Lego rewards... I got the Mini's for $7.36 each at TRU... I'm wheeling and dealing a little bit to cover a bunch of this.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:48 AM by Rob »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Are those Office Max shelves you have back there for your movies and such strung together?  I have close to 2500 dvd's and have been looking for those mass storage systems (not office max stuff)...oh and congrats on more lego goodness! 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Are those Office Max shelves you have back there for your movies and such strung together?  I have close to 2500 dvd's and have been looking for those mass storage systems (not office max stuff)...oh and congrats on more lego goodness!

They were from Ikea... Billy was the name of the shelving system.  They still make them, but we bought a bunch of this grey color and they used to be shorter - just under 24" wide.  So we had a bunch of those, and eventually out grew them, but now they only sell wider ones (about 32") which we don't think look as good, and they don't come in our shade.  If you find a color you like though, you can buy extra shelves for them and if you add two extra shelves per bookcase, they come out spaced like mine are (which you can see better in the first photo I posted with all the UCS sets).  I'd love to track down a few more of the gray ones in the 23" size, but I don't have any idea where to start. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2012, 07:13 AM »
Snagged the new Skiff on sale at Target. Should look great next to Jabba's Sail Barge from a few years ago.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Here's an update to this insane little project I've been working on...

In the mail at the moment are a Rancor Pit, 7180 B-Wing, 4488 Mini Falcon, 4494 Mini Imperial Shuttle, and 6965 Mini Interceptor.  The list of things I'm still looking for is starting to get to look more manageable:

6209 - Slave I
7140 - X-Wing
7190 - Millennium Falcon
7666 - Hoth Rebel Base
7667 - Imperial Drop Ship
7778 - MID-Scale Millennium Falcon
7965 - Millennium Falcon
8017 - TIE Advanced
8038 - Battle of Endor
8099 - MID-SCALE Star Destroyer
8129 - AT-AT Walker Boxed
10123 - Cloud City
10143 - UCS Death Star
10198 - Rebel Blockade Runner
75003 - A-Wing
75008 - PLANETS TIE Bomber
75009 - PLANETS Snow Speeder
75010 - PLANETS B-Wing
75011 - PLANETS Tantive IV
75014 - Battle of Hoth
2853835 - Boba Fett
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:27 PM by Rob »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 4, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Ordered the UCS Imperial Shuttle from amazon and it should arrive today.  Out of pocket expense was just under $19 between the sale price ($230), a $50 GC and cashing in about $170 worth of loose change I had lying around the house at coinstar and getting an amazon voucher.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 09:31 AM »
I have been thinking about getting the TOR sets for a while and I guess seeing the Sith Fury-class Interceptor, Republic Striker-class Starfighter and Republic vs Sith Trooper sets all in one place, I finally pulled the trigger and got them.

I definitely don't want to get into Lego but I like the TOR designs so I'll stick to that as a focus when collecting the sets.

Have there been any other TOR sets or are those three it?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!