Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 192903 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #60 on: February 5, 2013, 12:09 PM »
Nice haul Zod!

I finally put a few sets together over the weeks - nothing big, but the builds are as satisfying as ever!

Thanks!

My real project this month though has been to go through all the old stuff and rebuild it all, sort out all the missing and substituted parts and organize it into proper sets.  I'll have to get some photos of all that pretty soon...

Turns out I had a nearly complete King's Castle in an old bin of stuff that my Dad bought me when I was about 7.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 5, 2013, 07:24 PM »
I really want that Falcon..  I got the Destroyer on sale, but never saw that Falcon that I recall.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 6, 2013, 11:13 AM »
They're not priced too much more than retail was if you buy an open one.  It think I got that one for about $35 shipped.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2013, 06:42 PM »
So I built my own Cloud City this month... here's the results:

Copied my explanation from the otheR Site:

So the biggest difference is that I'm using Light Bluish Gray and Dark Bluish Gray instead of Light and Dark Gray. The little control panel on top of the carbon freeze chamber needed to stay Dark Gray since it doesn't exist in a Bluish form.

I also (as the earlier posts explain) didn't have a good way to make the large round corners that should be light gray. So, mine are made up of a handful of pieces that only came in Dark Bluish Gray (not enough things were available in Light Bluish Gray to do this). They are held together on the bottom by black plates that you can't see and work pretty well.

There are two 2x4 wedges on the end of the little platform where Luke loses his hand that should be Light Bluish Gray but don't come in that color, so I went with Dark Bluish Gray.

Overall, I'm very happy with this given that it was considerably less expensive and looks pretty strong. If I come up with a better way to do light corners at some point in the future, I'll switch to those.

Next step is figures... I'm going to go as cheap as I can... a custom (or older version of Fett)... then I'll populate it with some Stormies, Threepio, R2, grab an extra Lobot, etc... and then I'll tackle the Leia, Luke, Han, and Lando whenever I can find reasonable deals.

Also, it bugs me that the back left corner (near the window) isn't closed in... don't know why they did that, but I might look for some way to connect those two walls at some point.

So, yeah, I'd love to hear comments or ideas or criticisms or whatever. If anyone has any figures that would go well in this thing they want to part with at reasonable prices, let me know. I'm going to start shopping on eBay and Bricklink this afternoon.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2013, 12:22 AM »
My "Lego During the Lull" acquisitions continue...

- All Six of the 2012 Planet/Mini-fig/Mini-ship sets
- Z-95 Headhunter
- Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter
- Gold Leader Y-Wing (2012)
- A-Wing (2013)

Took advantage of the Buy-One-Get-One-50% off at TRU as well as the 2012 planet sets being on sale both at K-Mart and TRU for $7 each...

Almost pulled the trigger on Malevolence/Jabba's Palace during the TRU sale but didn't want to spend that kind of money right now - would rather get multiple sets for that kind of $$$ outlay as opposed to just two big ones...

In addition to those 2 sets, all I need to get "caught up" with the 2012 sets is the Gungan Sub, Advent Calendar and X-Wing - On my my local TRUs has Advent Calendars still - I'll probably grab one there before they all disappear.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2013, 09:22 AM »
Has anyone found the advent calendars for cheap?  I bought the 2011 box last year for $15 and my son used it for Christmas this year.  I was hoping to repeat the pattern, getting them cheap the year before, but I haven't found any place with prices below $30.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2013, 10:53 AM »
The Lego store near me still has this year's for $24.99... it's been that price for 6 weeks now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Got all the Series 2 planets thanks to the TRU BOGO sale, AND found a bunch of Series 3 (Kamino, Coruscant, Asteroid Field), which I didn't know was shipping yet, so I snagged those too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2013, 07:50 PM »
I got mine for I think $20 or whatever 50% off was right after Xmas at Wal-Mart.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2013, 01:17 AM »
Snagged the Series 3 Planet/Mini-Kit/Mini-Fig sets on Thursday, didn't realize they were shipping, but glad to stumble on them while TRU still had their Lego sale going on....

These planet sets have quickly become my new favorite part of my Lego collection... we have a xmas tree we keep set up year-round with Star Wars ornaments on it - my wife even liked the idea of using the planet globes from these sets as ornaments on the tree.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2013, 05:28 AM »
Snagged the Series 3 Planet/Mini-Kit/Mini-Fig sets on Thursday, didn't realize they were shipping...

Ack!  Those have already hit?!  We just got our first glimpse of them a couple weeks ago at TF, so I'm surprised to hear they're already in stores.  Remind me, how many are in the new Wave 3?  Just 3 again?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2013, 09:41 AM »
Yep, just 3 again

- Kamino/R4-P17/Jedi Starfighter
- Coruscant/AOTC Clone Trooper/Republic Assault Ship
- Hoth Asteroid Field/TIE Pilot/TIE Bomber
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 9, 2013, 11:11 PM »
Picked up this week:
- 2012 X-Wing
- 2012 Advent Calendar
- 2013 Rancor Pit

Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2013, 05:46 AM »
Grabbed the Z95 at WM yesterday.  Love it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2013, 08:05 AM »
Picked up this week:
- 2012 X-Wing
- 2012 Advent Calendar
- 2013 Rancor Pit

Where did you snag the Advent Calendar?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today