Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 192896 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #105 on: May 9, 2013, 12:44 PM »
Walked into the Toys R Us near my job last night and was shocked to see a 2011 Republic Frigate set on the shelf, priced at $85. I had a $15 off coupon if I spent $50 or more, plus I had $10 in Rewards R Us bucks - so I got it for $60 + tax AND I got a $10 gift card since I spent more than $40 in Lego.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2013, 04:06 PM »
Picked up the poly-bag Madalorian Fighter on my way home from work last night at my local TRU.

Won some eBay auctions over the weekend - the Imperial V-Wing Fighter and General Grievous' Starfighter - should have 'em tomorrow according to the tracking info...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2013, 04:08 PM »
I need to nab that if I'm ever at a TRU for some reason again.  I was thinking those may have been hard to get so I didn't bother when they first hit but now I need to get off the pot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2013, 06:43 PM »
I need to nab that if I'm ever at a TRU for some reason again.  I was thinking those may have been hard to get so I didn't bother when they first hit but now I need to get off the pot.

Out of all of the mini-ships I have (both polybag and planet sets) it is the weakest of them all - and I pretty much like the mini-scale stuff. I think what would have made this better was a beefier cockpit/fuselage section, but I'm sure they limit the pieces based on the price point.
Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2013, 12:16 AM »
Couldn't agree more.  I only buy these occassionally anyway, but that Mando Fighter is pretty sad.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2013, 08:13 PM »
Finishing up what I needed/wanted from 2012...

Gungan Sub (9499)
Polybag STAP w/BattleDroid (30058)
Polybag MTT (30059)
Polybag Shirtless Darth Maul (5000062)
Polybag TC-14 (5000063)

and from 2011...
Polybag AAT (30052)
Polybag Vulture Droid (30055)

and from 2010...
Cad Bane's Speeder (8128)

Now that I'm all caught up with the 2012 sets (I'm not even going to attempt to get those event exclusive sets), I have to decide how much of 2011 and earlier I want to grab or if I just want to move forward from here.

There are a few sets that can still be had for somewhat reasonable prices online from the big box stores - like the 2011 Naboo Fighter and the 2010 ARC-170 are both available from Target.com still.

I would love to have the $$$ to get both the Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star sets, but those are both $400 each. So those will have to just be a pipe dream for the moment.

Finishing up what I don't have from 2011 *should* be fairly doable - with the exception of the Super Star Destroyer, all I need is:
7868 - Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter
7877 - Naboo Starfighter
7913 - Clone Trooper Battle Pack
7929 - Battle of Naboo
7958 - Advent Calendar (Still in-stock at Entertainment Earth)
7962 - Anakin & Sebulba's Pod Racers (can pick this up off TRU.com)
20019 - Polybag Slave I
20021 - Polybag Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship
30051 - Polybag X-Wing
30054 - Polybag AT-ST

For those last two, I really need to take a good look at pics of them and compare them to the X-Wing and AT-ST planet sets. If the build models are identical, I can skip getting both the polybag versions.

And then from 2010 - there's really only one set I'm really looking to get - and that's the TIE Defender - such a cool design that I'll never get from Hasbro, so I might as well get it from Lego.

I think I'll take the approach I did with the last few eBay auctions I've won, eventually, I'll be able to get these sets for less than their original retail price - it's what happened with the Grievous Starfighter, Cad Bane's Speeder and Imperial V-Wing. But with the 3.75" Black Series hitting soon, and the fact that I still need to get an opener of the Vintage Endor AT-AT, I should probably slow down with the Lego for a bit now...

:-\
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 5, 2013, 08:43 PM »
Saw on Lego.com that the Endor Rebels vs Imperials Battle Pack is "retiring soon" so I snagged two more at Wal-Mart. I might snag one or two more if I can find them, but in general they've been kinda sorta hard to find around here. Mainly doing it for the Imperials but there are also more coming in the Ewok Hut set I plan on buying at some point.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2013, 04:29 PM »
Looks like the Mandalorian Speeder with Darth Maul and the Mando Super Commandos is hitting TRU.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Looks like the Mandalorian Speeder with Darth Maul and the Mando Super Commandos is hitting TRU.

At my TRU they had:
Geonosis Duel
Mandalorian Speeder
Tank Droid
Homing Spider Droid
Republic Gunship
Jek-14's Starfighter
AT-TE

They didn't have Jabba's Sail Barge, Jedi Defender Cruiser or HH-87 Starhopper

I passed on all of them since they will be easy to come by at Target and/or WalMart I'm sure and they'll be a few $$ cheaper there too.

If TRU still had their sale going on though - I would have totally bought two of the more expensive sets...
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2013, 12:35 PM »
My local Toys R Us got in the Jedi Defender Cruiser and Jabba's Sail Barge.

I know TRU's prices run a little higher than other places, but I couldn't pass up on the Jedi Defender Cruiser - I love all the sets from The Old Republic game.

So now, with the exception of the Starhopper, Advent Calendar (too early for that one), and of course the Ewok Village, I've seen all of the back-half of 2013 Lego sets....

Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Heard stories that, if you argue the price and show them Lego.com's price, they'll match it.  Just what I'm hearing anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2013, 08:52 PM »
I saw the new sets at TRU this weekend as well.  Being a relatively new LEGO collector, I've really been looking forward to the Barge....and was mighty tempted...but didn't really have the extra money and figured I was better off waiting for Target/WM for that one.  Looked cool though.  I only collect the OT stuff, but have to admit that the other new sets looked kind of neat too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 2, 2013, 04:26 PM »
Sets continue to trickle out at places like Kmart and Target around here.

Picked up the Geonosis Hangar/Duel set at my local Kmart last night.

Turns out that the Jedi Defender Cruiser I picked up at Toys R Us was already price-adjusted when I bought it - $89.99 which is the same price as Lego Shop - so my guess is that since they only had one, someone had already come in and bought one and asked them to adjust the price. So I guess I was lucky.

They have the Sail Barge for $139 which is $20 more than Lego Shop - I wonder if I could get them to adjust to the Lego Shop price on that one - out of all these new 2013 set, that's the one I'm most excited about since I only recently got back into getting Star Wars legos and I don't have the earlier release.

Peter

Offline Mike Shaeffer

• Youngling
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #118 on: August 2, 2013, 11:57 PM »
I got the Saesee Tiin Starfighter a week ago at the Steel City Con. Was a lot of fun to put it together.
Neither Snake nor Wesker, but a perfect combination of the two.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 6, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Picked up the HH-87 Starhopper on my way home from work - what a fun little set. Joins my Z-95 Headhunter and Umbaran Mobile Canon as some of my favorite sets since they are the ONLY way I'll ever get characters like Pong Krell, Umbaran Soldiers and Raako Hardine in toy form.

I also purchased the AT-TE from Shop.Lego.com using my $10 VIP rewards bucks I had banked so that I could also get the Clone Lieutenant mini-fig. So now I'm just left with needing Jabba's Sail Barge, Republic Gunship, Advent Calendar and Ewok Village (now that the final wave of Planet Sets are cancelled) to be "done" with 2013 sets.
Peter