Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 193078 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #195 on: July 7, 2015, 10:36 AM »
Picked up the new 2015 sets this week:
Naboo Starfighter
Flash Speeder
Imperial Shuttle Tydirium
Death Star Final Duel
Imperial Assault Carrier

Great collection of sets, the only one I haven't put together yet is the Naboo Fighter. I'm not sure when it comes out but the new Sith Infiltrator looks interesting, not quite sure how it differs from the one we got just a few years ago though.

I'm really looking forward to the Force Awakens sets... I guess they're only 2 months away at this point...

I still need convincing that the first four offer enough "newness" to them over the previous issues of these sets.  Has anyone seen, or done a comparison of old vs. new.  I'd be interested in your thoughts Pete if you have them both handy.

For the Flash Speeder and Naboo Starfighter, the only versions of those that I had were the ones from 1999/2000 - I wasn't collecting Lego Star Wars from 2001 through 2011, so I did not get the Naboo fighter that came with the SOTDS branding.

As far as I'm concerned there are HUGE differences (obviously) between the original releases of these vehicles and these 2015 versions.

For the Shuttle - I didn't have this vehicle at all, so it was a great opportunity to pick it up. I *WISH* I had grabbed the UCS Shuttle back when I saw it at Toys R Us four years ago when I was getting back into Lego.

The Final Duel set is like a bigger version of the section of the Death Star from the Death Star Playset, it's a nice display piece, but kinda dull IMHO, so if you're already on the fence about it, I would pass. The new Darth Vader helmet is kinda cool tho.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2015, 11:51 PM »
A local Walmart had a TON of LEGO sets on sale across all lines. Broke my "no PT rule" and snagged Anakin's ROTS Jedi Fighter and Grievous' wheelbike for $19 each (marked down from $25).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2015, 01:37 AM »
Got the Mini-build Dagobah set from 2015 SDCC in the mail and put it together today - cute little set. Goes nicely with the Mini-build Tatooine set. Curious to see when the next set comes out, maybe for NYCC? and what location from ROTJ it will be, maybe Ewok Village?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2015, 10:22 AM »
Went to the LEGO Store yesterday and snagged a Rebels Stormtrooper Transport to get the ROTJ poster, giving me a full set of OT posters. I have two of them now and might combine them to make a bigger transport... just wish the Stormies were "normal."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Bought The Ghost, The Phantom and Rebels speeder bike set (Ezra, Sabine and ST) on clearance at WM. Plus had to get the Ant-man set after seeing the film last week.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 7, 2015, 05:19 PM »
I picked up Poe's X-Wing on Saturday and the Special Forces TIE Fighter today. Both are great sets and a lot of fun to build. Even though the wings on the TIE use a lot of the same techniques as the ANH TIE from a couple of years back, there are some new bits here and there to keep it interesting. The minifigure selection is great, too, with some good generic background support on both sides.

One thing is for sure: Lego is, as usual, having zero problems getting decent amounts of product into stores.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 8, 2015, 12:08 PM »
Grabbed the new TFA Falcon over the weekend from the local LEGO store to rack up some VIP points. Had a great convo with some of the employees about it too. They showed me the display model and talked about how fun it was to build, and actually showed me all of the differences when I said I thought it was the same as the last model from 2011.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 8, 2015, 09:18 PM »
Grabbed the new TFA Falcon over the weekend from the local LEGO store to rack up some VIP points. Had a great convo with some of the employees about it too. They showed me the display model and talked about how fun it was to build, and actually showed me all of the differences when I said I thought it was the same as the last model from 2011.

Nice! Compared to customer support at, oh I dunno, say Toys R US this past weekend, my best Force Friday interactions were with the folks at my local Lego Store - happy to help, happy to talk Lego, etc... Lego certainly knows what it's doing when it comes to customer service IMHO.
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2015, 07:50 PM »
Grabbed Rey's Speeder tonight from the LEGO Store to get the AOTC Poster. 5 posters down, 1 to go.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 2, 2015, 03:00 PM »
Got Shuttle Tydirium over the weekend along with the ROTS LEGO Poster, finishing off the set.

Just need to grab the Sandcrawler and I'll be caught up with all of the OT sets.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2015, 04:58 PM »
Caved and bought the TRU promotional C-3PO on Amazon for $10. There's a TRU 5 minutes from me that I've checked every day since the promo started 3 weeks ago and of course the store never got it in, nor do they have any clue what I'm talking about when I ask them. Stings paying double the price but I can knock it off my list.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2015, 12:50 AM »
I'm not a Lego collector but kept up with it mostly as a sideshow kind of thing, and I always appreciated the stuff they'd put out anyway.

Well, went into stores this weekend and the shelves were bare...  Bare I tell you!  A mere couple days AFTER the movie opens and less than a week before Christmas, and there wasn't enough product on the shelves.  I shed a tear for that child who wanted Lego Star Wars for Christmas.  But oh no, stupid Legblow pissed away this awesome opportunity, and didn't get toys to the kids who wanted them.  *sigh*

This is just a pathetic way to run a company IMHO.

;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2015, 12:53 PM »
I thought I remember reading somewhere that Lego was having manufacturing problems during the fall (labor contract?) that was going to impact stock for Christmas.  I wonder if some of that is why the shelves are empty.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Check the batteries on your sarcasm detector...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2015, 01:01 AM »
They were empty last year and the year before, and 05 as I recall, haha.  Lego's just popular.  But yes, sarcasm ahoy there.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77