Author Topic: carded figures on the ceiling???  (Read 4167 times)

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
carded figures on the ceiling???
« on: May 22, 2006, 03:21 AM »
OK, I know this might sound a little crazy, but I'm running out of room.  I only collect the 4inch figures on cards.  I have them pushpinned to the walls of a room in rows of 10 from ceiling to floor.  My problem is that I only have room for about 80 more before all 4 walls are covered.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for affixes them to the ceiling without damaging the cards at all.  The only think i can think of is using star cases and then affixes them.  That would be pretty easy, but I hate to buy star cases.  I don't like them and don't have any of my other figures in them.  A pushpin works fine if hanging the figures normally, but on the ceiling I need some sort of support on the bottom of the card too.  Anyone tried this or accomplished it?  Thanks in advance.  I'm just trying to find an alternative to using a pushpin on all 4 sides of the figure.  It would be awesome to use velcro somehow.  You could fasten a velcro strip firmly to the ceiling and then a strip on the back of the card.  You guys know that clear goo that holds tags and stuff on boxes, but when you remove them the clear goo balls up and doesn't damage anything?  Can you buy that and apply it to card backs? 

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
Re: carded figures on the ceiling???
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Uses a lot more thumbtacks, but what if you just put the pin part right on the edge of the card, and have the flat part holding the card down? This way it would stay put but not have holes in the card.  :)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Just my two cents:
I would suggest considering the starcase option. They will prevent warping, stop the pins from creating a crease where the card hangs on it, and make it much easier to keep things clean as a bonus. I can understand that after years of collecting and hundreds of figures that might seem like a big step to take, but it will really help you take care of that nice collection. I've seen carded figures that were stored very carefully "scuffed" on the cards from the bubbles of the other card being next to them. These things don't hold up for squat unless they are covered with at least a comic bag for some protection.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Its a wierd one but may work, what about long pieces of string across the ceiling in rows so that both edges are resting on a piece of string? you could use the same piece of string for a full row of figures.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 11:44 PM »
I bet the pushpin idea would work.  If you put them on all the corners, it might be the most efficient way in terms of using the least amount of pushpins.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 7, 2007, 01:12 AM »
Has anyone tried this?  I'd be curious to see photos.  I've often thought about it - never seriously though.  I always just figure I'll box up the ROTS stuff first - since a) the cards suck and b) they take up the most space since you can't really overlap them.