Author Topic: Starcase  (Read 11234 times)

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Starcase
« on: May 18, 2003, 11:26 AM »
Are there any starcases fit for Ephant Mon & for deluxe figures?I found that there is no one
starcase is fit for Ephant Mon.There is so big bubble than ever figures.I also need some starcases for some deluxe figures such as POTJ Masters of the Dark Side.Any shops have these for sale?How much ?Any help would be greatly appreciated.
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Starcase
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 12:04 PM »
I really don't think there is a Star Case big enough to hold Ephant Mon. This site sells Deluxe Star Cases that may be of some help.
Wholesale Source for ProTech Products

I know Oscar Didier makes very nice Acrylic Display Cases for almost every figure including Ephant Mon.
Oscar's Cases

I highly recommend Oscar's cases.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 10:54 PM »

Oscar is the only place where you can get a case that will hold an Ephant Mon figure.  I bought two from him for my two Ephant Mon's, and they're great cases.  I would highly recommend him any day.
dustrho

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 11:07 AM »
nice, but where can i get star cases for cheap?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 08:12 PM »

The best place is Wholesale Cases, like Dale (DSJ) mentioned above.  They're all going to be about the same price anywhere you end up going.  I've dealt with them about 5 separate times and they've been great.
dustrho

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 03:06 PM »

The best place is Wholesale Cases, like Dale (DSJ) mentioned above.  They're all going to be about the same price anywhere you end up going.  I've dealt with them about 5 separate times and they've been great.

Add this coupon code now in the appropriate field to save an additional 6%.

WC71HH

-Fish-

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 11:08 AM »
A little late on this one, I am, but nonetheless, I'll share my experience:

I am a huge fan of the Protecto Packs.  To me they are sturdier than the Star Cases when put side by side, plus the PP don't have the triangle hangtag/lip on top that the SC have(makes it nicer if your lining you figures on a wall above ea. other)

Also, the clamshell PP design vs. the 2 piece SC is a huge advantage, as well as I believe the PP are also UV coated (I may be wrong, but they seem to have an ever so slight bluish tint.

I order mine from adkins collectibles, online a cs. of 90 runs about .89/ea. with S&H they come to about $1.06/ea.  best case and best buy in my opinion.

As far as Ephant cases-Oscar's Cases are absolutely fantastic-have a few for my vintage carded and cardbacks.  Outstanding heavy duty cases-highly reccommend.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Carl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #7 on: August 3, 2004, 12:32 PM »
I really don't think there is a Star Case big enough to hold Ephant Mon. This site sells Deluxe Star Cases that may be of some help.
Wholesale Source for ProTech Products

I know Oscar Didier makes very nice Acrylic Display Cases for almost every figure including Ephant Mon.
Oscar's Cases

I have just recently purchessed some cases from Oscar and must say they are fantastic and will be purchessing more. Alot better than Star Cases!
WANTED: Droids, Ewok Prototype & Unproduced coins

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 2, 2004, 10:29 AM »
In addition, I'll add I just found that the protecto packs DO hold the animated clone wars figs.  They don't hold the Battlefront Scout trooper.  Still the best "cheap" cases around at .89/ea. ($1.06 w/S&H, etc.) and much sturdier than the star cases.

Also, just got my hands on some "deluxe" size star cases (about $1.50ea.) as for an idea on size-they hold the original POTF2 size deluxe perfect.  This also includes figs like Amanaman POTJ, sith/droid POTJ, also the Saga deluxe like the 3PO/battle droid deluxe and yoda/super battle droid deluxe.

The clone 3 packs which are smaller don;t fit exactly but they do "sit in" the deluxe case bubble nicely(kinda floats in the case).

Hope that info helps.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Here's a few pics of figs displayed in the protecto packs, also one pic has the vintage loose just in the individual plastic cases from Michaels stores (I get them with the sales, etc.)
Protectopacks on top, vintage loose underneath:

http://www.pswcs.com/graphics/meetings/year04/20040306w-01.JPG

EPI in protectopacks lined up across the wall

http://www.pswcs.com/graphics/meetings/year05/20040925-06.JPG

(by the way, I'm not in the second pic, the guys came over and are playing Battlefronts the first week it came out ;^)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 10:20 AM by bobafett14 »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2005, 10:52 PM »
Hey Bobafett14...I just got three cases of Protecto-paks and they're awesome!

Also nice that they're less expensive than the Star Cases.

Will the Oscar cases hold figures like the Max Rebo Band Pairs, Princess Leia 2-packs, Shirtless Maul and other odd sized large carded figures like that?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 3, 2005, 04:25 AM »
Will the Oscar cases hold figures like the Max Rebo Band Pairs, Princess Leia 2-packs, Shirtless Maul and other odd sized large carded figures like that?

According to Oscar's site:

If you need a custom size case, just let us know.  We will be happy to make you any size case you need.

I'm sure he will be able to make something up if you give him the measurements. I had Oscar make me a case for the Kubrick Speeder Bike and it's perfect. After C3, I am going to get some new cases made up.  8)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 3, 2005, 03:55 PM »
Thanks DSJ, I'm going to need cases for those plus other odd styled carded stuff like the Luke With Bacta tank.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 3, 2005, 04:00 PM »
Hey Bobafett14...I just got three cases of Protecto-paks and they're awesome!

Also nice that they're less expensive than the Star Cases.

There's a Star Case 2 (I belive is how it's listed-usually about $1.50ish)that's a little larger (actually wider than the reg. cases.  They will fit the band pairs nicely and also figs like POTJ amanaman and Maul vs. droid perfectly.

I also use them for my animated clone 3 packs(the 3 packs and anything that size are actually a little smaller than the cases, but I actually put the fgis in the case so that 2 of the sides usually bottom and one side are "clamped" by the case holding it in place.  It's not perfect, but works nicely.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 6, 2005, 10:11 PM »
Thanks for the info again Bobafett14.  I also hope that Protecto-Pak will make a case to protect these as well.  I think they are a superior product.
This is the way.

I have spoken.