Author Topic: Starcase  (Read 11233 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Starcase
« Reply #15 on: April 7, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Thanks for the info again Bobafett14.  I also hope that Protecto-Pak will make a case to protect these as well.  I think they are a superior product.

Since I've never held a ProtectoPak, can you tell me why you think they are the better product?  I'm just wondering how they compare.  Thanks!

...edit:

Actually, I guess if I actually read the whole thread, I would have seen this:

A little late on this one, I am, but nonetheless, I'll share my experience:

I am a huge fan of the Protecto Packs.  To me they are sturdier than the Star Cases when put side by side, plus the PP don't have the triangle hangtag/lip on top that the SC have(makes it nicer if your lining you figures on a wall above ea. other)

Also, the clamshell PP design vs. the 2 piece SC is a huge advantage, as well as I believe the PP are also UV coated (I may be wrong, but they seem to have an ever so slight bluish tint.

I order mine from adkins collectibles, online a cs. of 90 runs about .89/ea. with S&H they come to about $1.06/ea.  best case and best buy in my opinion.

As far as Ephant cases-Oscar's Cases are absolutely fantastic-have a few for my vintage carded and cardbacks.  Outstanding heavy duty cases-highly reccommend.

Anyone know if Protecto-Paks actually are UV-coated?
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 12:03 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: April 8, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Looks like you already got your answer for why I like em JesseVader.  As for the UV protection...I can't say one way or the other, but there is a bit of a tint to them which would lead me to believe that they are.

It could aslo be because they are a bit thicker or just a different type of plastic.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 08:38 AM »
As for the UV coating, I too am not 100% sure, I haven't seen it actually written anywhere that they are in fact UV coated.  However, I too noticed there's a bit of a bluish/purplish tint as well, so it couldbe a UV coating or it could simply be the color of the clear plastic being used.

They should hvae it printed in the ad if it is in fact coated, it would be a great selling point.

I'm going to take my vintage POTF Anakin in it's protecto pack and sit it in the window all summer, I'll let you know come fall if it fades at all.  ;^)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 09:16 AM by bobafett14 »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)