Author Topic: 30AC Comic Packs #01 - Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax  (Read 34093 times)

SilverZ

Re: Exclusive Kir Kanos/? Two-Pack
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2006, 06:52 PM »
No, I think it's great that they've found a way to add Tomax and Xamot into the SW universe.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2006, 07:25 PM »
Hatas.

Yeah, that's what they are.

Quit whining you babies. You remind me of noobs over at sites like RS that keep whining and whining about a figure or pointing out it's tiny mistakes and flaws over and over again. If you don't want the figure, then say something critical about it once, and then be done with it. No one on these boards wants to read how you hate a figure in 5 different posts.

Same goes with Revan. On a lot of sites (including here) people repeatedly complain about how they don't want him or how he won't sell. But they say it over...and over...and over...and over again.

Seriously, no one cares.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Roton...

This site's about collecting, not bitching about what other people think, so I'm going to have to step in and ask you to lay off the insults and attacks.  People aren't all going to like this stuff they're entitled to voice that opinion... 

Talk toys and why you like or dislike them, but leave the personal opinions of each other out of it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2006, 07:51 PM »
Roton...

This site's about collecting, not bitching about what other people think, so I'm going to have to step in and ask you to lay off the insults and attacks.  People aren't all going to like this stuff they're entitled to voice that opinion... 

Talk toys and why you like or dislike them, but leave the personal opinions of each other out of it.

Roton7 hata.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2006, 08:29 PM »
As far as my tastes on this, I like the 2-pack and the price is right...  I thought Crimson Empire was a decent read (not the best, not the worst though either).  The figures look articulated, I love removable helmets, softgoods, and the pikes are nice...  I'm looking at the EU stuff with some optomism...  I think Hasbro has a deep well of film figures to work with too but I'm sorta glad some EU's coming in...   And at least it's two from the series that make sense too, unlike Revan.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2006, 09:08 PM »
I'll snag this one even though I'm not too into the story line...I understand they are Star Wars Force Ninja's or something, but I haven't played the game or read the comic book they are in.

my fear is that the Star Wars guys are going to fall in love with the 2-pack idea like they did with GI Joe a few years ago and almost killed that line.  Always packing a decent figure with so much semi-articulated plastic dog crap. 

Does the other Crimson Guard guy's helmet come off too?

But seriously I'll snag one if for nothing else to encourage hasbro to re-release the decently articulated figures.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2006, 09:33 PM »
Well I did actually like that comic series when it was out.  At least the comic gave the Royal Guards some action unlike Lucas.  Unless you count Yoda's force push in ROTS of course.  It's a good idea for a 2 pack.  It would be stupid for them to make one and not the other.  I am not that crazy about the price but at least those that worry about EU figs rotting on the pegs you don't have to worry this time. 

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2006, 10:41 PM »
I'm going to have to step in and ask you to lay off the insults and attacks.  People aren't all going to like this stuff they're entitled to voice that opinion... 

I know, but there are some people that are voicing there opinion over and over and over again and it really bugs me. I'm just really sick of it. I'll try to keep my cool next time, I guess.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Sadly, I have yet to order these, but the paint scheme on the other one is cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2006, 11:51 PM »
Thanks Roton, I appreciate that...  Fact is, I do just what you're not happy about though with my complaints on articulation and things.  The EU/Film debate's going to be a hot one.  The true test of these is going to be how they perform at retail...  There's variables that can taint the outcome (One thing getting overshipped while others undershipped, etc.) but really nobody knows how this is gonna go because EU in the past is a mixed bag completely.

I personally was one of the people who wanted ICMG over what we got though...  I don't think the 2-pack of Kanos and Jax is bad (sorta OT-ish, the guys are just random schmucks more or less, it's a really side story...  I'm ok with it) but Revan sort of disappointed me.  Vos not so much, but Revan definitely didn't inspire me. :(  Mostly because he is one figure and I'm not expecting many more from KOTOR.

I'll take Vos happily enough though...  None of them matched my want for a super background character like ICMG Wilrow Hood.  I mean, to get that would've been just a great moment in old-time collecting history.  It would've been the icing on the cake of the line I guess.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2006, 12:28 AM »
I think it's kind of odd they picked these guys first before others.

Granted they had the Royal Guard molds ready to go but I figure if they are gonna do figures from the comics that they would of started with characters in the Republic series.

I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2006, 12:44 AM »
Roton... :)

Here's my one..... criticism? Oh, reverse painting..yawn.

and...that was sure alot to say from somebody that 'doesn't care.

all that aside.. ****, I gotta have most everything so I have to buy 2 guys with reverse paint anyway ::) :( :-[ :-X

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2006, 11:55 AM »
I understand the gripes and complaints, but seriously if you don't like it don't buy it.  If it sits it sits.  For the last 3 months now my local target has had nothing and I mean nothing but bugs and yodas and the occasional vader and these are all figures that had dialogue and were in the movies and have pegwarmed like nobody's business.  do people that are complaining about all this EU stuff that's coming out really think they'll sell worse then some of the movie that's been out lately?  As much as i'd have liked to have bought the T sisters or the ICMG most of the background character left to make they're so obscure that they walk the line of being EU themselves especially when figs like Hem Dazon didn't even have a body and big H had to refer to EU to give him one.  As much complaining there is about the EU "crap" coming out I'm sure I could match the amount of complaints with actual movie "crap" that has come out.  Basically the whole of the first Saga "action" line is a good place to start how much of that whole line wound up being clearanced and pegwarmed to no end and it was a movie year.  I am not an EU fan I've never played KOTOR, and the only comics I own are those I've bought for reference to for custom ideas, so while I could bash EU just as much as any EU hater can unless it's super articulated I don't need another freakin' Han or Luke or Vader and would gladly buy a well sculpted/articu'd EU fig over those 3 any day.  If anything look at it this way more custom fodder.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2006, 01:07 PM »
Carnor Jax was definitely a predictable piece to be paired with Kir Kanos.  I'm okay with it.  It already seemed that Hasbro was headed down this path when they made the bodies of the ROTS Royal Guards the way they did.  My only gripe with the Guards is that I think they should have included the force pikes as accessories, otherwise I think they're great figures.

Crimson Empire is definitely one of the better storylines to come out of Dark Horse.  This particular TPB held my attention more than some others.  I guess if we have anyone to blame for the difference in the armor of Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax, it's Dark Horse.  It's a little too ying/yang (or like that silly Star Trek episode) for my tastes, but whatever.  I don't think we're going to see a line populated with Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax reissues for years to come.  Rather, it's a one-off kind of deal and that's it.  And this particular product isn't even going to mass retail.  It's an online exclusive and that's it.  This one won't be the source of any pegwarming or shelfwarming.

As for the backlash against the EU?  That was bound to happen.  Some people are into it and others aren't.  Arguing back and forth about it gets us nowhere.  Either you're going to buy it or not.  But looking at the track record of the EU at retail does get as somewhere.  Sure, SOTE was a stinker.  I remember seeing Snoovas sitting around, and SOTE Slave I's.  It wasn't good.  But then there was also the EU line.  And how many people are still clamoring for Space Troopers and Dark Troopers to this day?  And then there's the biggest of all EU projects:  Clone Wars.  I think we can say with some degree of certainty that Clone Wars was a success.  Especially when you consider that the Basic Figure assortment barely had any army builders in the lineup, ie it wasn't driven by army builders.  The EU really is here to stay.  Clone Wars proved that the EU can work within the overall scope of the line. 

I have no doubt that the Star Wars line is still going to be anchored by characters from the movies.  But as we get more and more characters from the PT and OT made, there's going to be a need for new characters to fill out the line.  There's just a finite number of characters in the Saga.  I think that we're going to see more EU characters filtering their way into the line bit by bit.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2006, 01:16 PM »
They do look like their from some crazy Star Wars/GI-JOE cross-over

COBRA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

They're actually a Hasbro Triple Cross-Over!  Not only are they Royal Guards that look like G.I. Joe ninjas, they are Transformers as well!  Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos can combine and transform into Emperor Palpatine's big red toilet!  :P

I was not going to buy them but now I will.  The toilet transforming action gets me all hot.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.