Author Topic: 30AC Comic Packs #01 - Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax  (Read 34038 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Exclusive Kir Kanos/? Two-Pack
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2006, 01:39 PM »
No, I think it's great that they've found a way to add Tomax and Xamot into the SW universe.

Very funny.  They do have that vibe, don't they.   :D

I'll definitely grab this set.  I actually enjoyed the Crimson Empire stuff.  Good Story and cool characters.  Adding these two to a couple Shadow Stormies from SWShop will be fine with me.

I'm just glad that it's Carnor Jax and not Cantina Han after all.   :P  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2006, 06:42 PM »
Extremely happy that they are Jax is officially confirmed now. I have been wanting these 2 since i first read the comics many years ago. I guess these will replace the customs I made back then.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I finally ordered these along with the Commando 7-pack from EE. I like how they looked in person at CC, so I think that's what lit the fire under my butt.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2006, 02:16 AM »
I thought they really were pushed better after CC pictures surfaced as well...  Hasbro really did a good job on these.  This is the comic 2-pack idea I think works best. 

Marvel's such a dated series, the paintjobs tank the figures (I like things blending in on the shelf, not sticking out like a turd in a punchbowl), and I really think that if it's a new character it at least has some appeal whereas sherbet troopers and Chewbacca with some schmutz on his mouth is a letdown...

The EE set though, this is definitely a keeper. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2006, 04:14 AM »
I bought these from SWS along with the EE 11 pack (this includes the Lucas set). I hope I didn't make a mistake in doing that.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2006, 12:22 PM »
That seems like a good deal to me. The Lucas pack was over priced in the first place.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Exclusive Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax Two-Pack
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2006, 03:46 PM »
EE has updated with a Carded picture...

I'm assuming that since it says "Comic Packs" that means that the packaging here is probably very similar to what we'll see with the rest ofthe EU Comic Two-Packs coming out later this year.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2006, 04:04 PM »
Similar, if not nearly identical.  If you look at the top left of the card (where Carnor Jax' blade is pointing) it says "01"-- these are going to be numbered, and this is first in this newfangled series.   It's my understanding that this is the first "2007 packaging" to come out, and it should be arriving in the next month.

(And because I've been getting rumors sent to me, and I'm here, I figured I'd also say: This is an Internet exclusive, it isn't going to show up at Target/TRU/whatever next year.)

I'm hoping the line ends up kinda like the GI Joe Comic Packs-- fairly big, filled with new and old characters, and most important of all, a good sub-line.  I don't buy a all GI Joe, but I bought every Comic Pack I could find.    (And I still gotta finish that Joe article...)

It's a real nice set.  Although from the samples I got to look at, there was no comic at that stage, so I'm not sure if there's anything particularly special about it aside from a variant cover and the other little things like new ads (or no ads) and so on and so forth.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 04:05 PM by Adam_Pawlus »
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Thanks for posting Jeff, that actually looks kind of neat.  I think figure two packs have some good potential, and would be neat to see (especially for $10).  Its too bad that Hasbro is screwing up a nice figure like Han Stormtrooper with the goofy paint apps - and could have just went with the "realistic" style, complete with colors.  That said, these do look kind of neat.  If the figure choices aren't too wonky in the actual retail line, it could be successful.  You know collectors will pick many of them up, and parents might like the idea of getting two figures for their kid - and a comic - for $10.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2006, 04:53 PM »
I'm a sworn opener of all toys, but these Comic Packs might look so good with the Vintage SW comic behind the goofy colored figures, that I may leave them packaged.  I mean, I already have the figs, and I read the comics back in 1977!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2006, 04:53 PM »
I really like the packaging on this set.  It's nice that they included the comic book as well.  

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2006, 08:27 PM »
Looks cool! :)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2006, 08:49 PM »
They have to include a comic into EU stuff or else many people will have no idea who a character is, or why they are interesting.  I don't buy SW comics, but these look like neat figures, so I'll buy them.  By including the comic Hasbro fills me keeps me in the loop.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2006, 08:55 PM »
They're royal guards what's so hard to understand. :P
Well, they have more personality but some people are buying them for royal guards, I bet.

KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Reminds me of the SOTE 2-packs.