Author Topic: 30AC Comic Packs #01 - Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax  (Read 34002 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: EE Exclusive Kir Kanos/? Two-Pack
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2006, 10:50 PM »
I've been reading through the EE catalog page with Kir Kanos on it, and that search box is confusing me--does it represent an EE search box? Or maybe an internet search box in general? Has anyone figured out exactly what it's trying to say? Because I really want to know the signifigance of the phrase Comic-Con 6B.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Ok, it seems I have another question. If this truly is an EE exclusive, then why exactly does SW shop have it listed in their system?

It's this just a little mistake on SWS's side, or will it really be available at both sites? Because SWS seems to consistently have more availability than EE, so maybe ordering from SWS would be a good thing (other than the obvious packing issues that SWS has had in the past)?
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 12:07 PM »
I've been reading through the EE catalog page with Kir Kanos on it, and that search box is confusing me--does it represent an EE search box?

It means you should go to the EE website and search for more info.  When you type that Comic-Con 6B phrase it brings you to their Comic-Con 2006 page.

Ok, it seems I have another question. If this truly is an EE exclusive, then why exactly does SW shop have it listed in their system? 

Yes, it is either a mistake listing by SWShop or the 2-pack is not an EE Exclusive but rather an Internet Exclusive (like Wedge was).  No one knows for sure yet... just have to have a little patience as more details will be revealed soon.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 12:08 PM »

I guess it's an on-line exclusive, not just EE. I'm going to wait to see what NFC offers this for.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusive Kir Kanos/? Two-Pack
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 12:31 PM »
If it's an online exclusive, many fans will be happy I presume.

I'm probably still ordering mine from EE though.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2006, 10:56 AM »
I ask this here since the item I am planning on buying is this particular Kir Kanos set. Anyways, on to the question:

I know that a lot of people have had trouble lately with Amazon pushing orders back weeks, even months after they are due to your doorstep. Well, this Kir Kanos set is supposedly available September 1st. I'm new to this pre-ordering thing--does that mean if I pre-order, I will be getting mine around/on September 1st, or does it mean that a few lucky people might get theirs then, but I could get mine as late as even October or something? (I'll be pre-ordering from EE)

Thanks in advance  :)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2006, 11:56 AM »
At  the  EE  order  page  the  description  says  it's  a  "shared  exclusive"  giving  me  the  impression  that  it  will  be  sold  by  EE  and  SWS.com  only.

My  question  is  what  type  of  package  will  it  be  in.  Are  they  going  to  cram  them  into  a  single  basic  card,  or  put  them  in  a  special  box  like  the  clonetroopers  and  astromechs.  I'd  also  like  to  know  if  SWS.com  will  try  to  sweeten  the  deal  by  offering  a  special  Topps  card  like  they  did  with  Wedge.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2006, 12:54 PM »
I ask this here since the item I am planning on buying is this particular Kir Kanos set. Anyways, on to the question:

I know that a lot of people have had trouble lately with Amazon pushing orders back weeks, even months after they are due to your doorstep. Well, this Kir Kanos set is supposedly available September 1st. I'm new to this pre-ordering thing--does that mean if I pre-order, I will be getting mine around/on September 1st, or does it mean that a few lucky people might get theirs then, but I could get mine as late as even October or something? (I'll be pre-ordering from EE)

Thanks in advance  :)

First in, first out.  If you want your figure early, place your order NOW!

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Well, I don't have a credit card, so my dad is the only one who could do it, but he is conveniently at work. So I'll have to wait until at least about 5:30 to order.

This stinks.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Shared Exclusive Kir Kanos/? Two-Pack
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Not only is the set at EE:

Exclusive Star Wars Kir Kanos & Mystery Figure 2-Pack

It's now up for Pre-Order at SWShop as well...

Kir Kanos & Mystery Figure Expanded Universe 2-pack

Both EE and SWShop say "shared-exclusive" so it's pretty much confirmed that it's like Wedge and more of an "internet exlcusive".  We'll have to wait and see if anyone else got in on the "sharing" though.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:18 PM by Jeff »

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Yes! Yes! Yessss!!!

Okay, does SWS often push orders back? If you have ever bought from SWS.com before, has it been a fast delivery or not?

Yo is what yo is.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Shipping is cheaper by $.55 if you order through EE.

It's funny that they are up for pre-order despite the fact that we don't know who the second figure is!

You never know, it could be a ploy for Hasbro to unload a bunch of old Cantina Han's.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2006, 01:37 PM »
55 cents...wow...I could make a car payment off the money I'd save... :P

Still, my question stands:

does SWS often push orders back? If you have ever bought from SWS.com before, has it been a fast delivery or not?
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2006, 01:47 PM »
It all depends on when they get the stuff from Hasbro. 

Orders get postponed from almost every on-line shop, SWShop is no different.  For example, the Lucas Collector packs originally said they would ship April 20th, but they didn't actually get them and ship them until May.

So, even though it says "Sep 1st" at SWShop, I wouldn't hold my breath that you will get it then as they have been known to be late from time to time.

As for the second part, the "fast delivery" depends totally on when you place your order.  Once it ships, they usually ship FedEx, so the closer you are to California, the sooner you will get your stuff.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Well, Illinois isn't too close to Cali, now is it? ;)
Yo is what yo is.