Author Topic: stormtrippers customs Nov 04 (last page)  (Read 36245 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: stormtrippers customs (updated June 25th with Boussh pg 3,)
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Great Google Moogle that Tarful is HUGE!!! Excellent job on that. The original  TarFful sucked rocks. Now that I've seen this one, it makes me wish I would have picked one up.

Excellent job!

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2006, 02:33 AM »
Hey Darth Ennis, I know what you mean about hating the hasbro version of Tarful, I think that it is one of my favorite customs I have made.

Chewie
The gun strap was from a dollar-store figure I bought years ago, I just used a couple of rubber "o-rings" to make the straps. They are the rubber bands that connect old GI-Joes together, or used on valve seals.. I crazy glued the holster to the leg... I might paint the jacket btw, I have not yet decided.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:34 AM by stormtripper »

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2006, 02:41 AM »
Here are a couple of easy Daeth Star Troopers I made using Lobots head and the imperial officers bodies:

Here are a couple figs I have for sale on ebay,  ::) yeah I know
I am not an ebay fanatic, so don't worry I wont be dropping any "wink, winks" look at my ebay auction posts! I was just using up parts and was curious....

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
The devaronian and rebel troopers are a nice mix of parts.  I like the lobot head with the helmet.  <--that sounds bad, but I digress.   A good wash with a lighter shade of gray would bring out a lot of their uniform details.

The biker scout pilot guy looks weird to me for some reason.  Maybe it's just the pudgy body sculpt and Napoleon Dynamite moonboots, but that's hardly your fault.  I think it's also weird to see that head on anything other than the biker scout body.  It'll probably fetch 40 bucks on ebay, so my snooty critique won't matter much!   :P

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Here is my latest, as part of the Jango Fett group project. This is one that I have been wanting to make for a long time now. I used the VOTC fett, torso to the crotch, I cut off the neck stud and dremeled it concave to fit a Kamino Jango head with the neck also slashed off. I Crazy glued the head in place, so it doesn't have a swivel neck. I pulled out the boba fett legs using the boil and pop method. The pegs broke off in the crotch/butt thingy so I used needle nose pliers to split the crotch. I didnt have to remove the torso, and just slipped the jango pilot legs in place and crazy glued the seem again (note, when doing this just continuously move the legs until the glue takes hold, this will prevent the legs from fusing as well as tighten the articulation).
I will update with painted pics when I am complete. Cheers

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 06:55 PM by stormtripper »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Lookin pretty good so far. But articulated knees on this would look killer. The Hoth Vader has knee joints that pop out both above and below the knee. Cut the jangos knees and dremmel out a hole to put the vader knee joints in and I think youd really have something cool with that.

The head choice is very good too. Which one is that?

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
Re: stormtrippers customs (updated June 26th Jango Fett WIP pg 4)
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 10:05 PM »
This is a nice lookin cusotm Jango for sure.  I'm a huge fan of SA articulation but these legs don't bother me.  Obviously the VOTC jango torso is a great choice for this project.  So far, so great!  Really nice job 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: stormtrippers customs (updated June 26th Jango Fett WIP pg 4)
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2006, 04:31 AM »
Well, it was a late night finish... Gotta love insomnia :P Here is my completed Jango.. I would love to add knees etc, but I really don't want to botch this custom and ruin it.

Helmet off:

Helmet on

Stick em up!

Behind:

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
One of the best Jangos I have ever seen, period end of story. Great job the paint apps are nice and smooth, and the parts choices are great.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Damn you work quick! Ignore my earlier statements. I think this is perfect just the way it is. The colors really make him stand out. They seem a little brighter than the actual jango, but this is not a bad thing at all.

I'm hoping mine looks this good. Great job.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Damn you work quick! Ignore my earlier statements. I think this is perfect just the way it is. The colors really make him stand out. They seem a little brighter than the actual jango, but this is not a bad thing at all.

I'm hoping mine looks this good. Great job.

Thanks, it was way more tough that I was antisipating it to be. The colour looks a lot brighter in the pictures then in actuality. I had to mix 3 paints to get the jango custume just right. The gloves are a little day-glow I agree...

One of the best Jangos I have ever seen, period end of story. Great job the paint apps are nice and smooth, and the parts choices are great.
Thanks, it definately turned out better then I had expected! It was a no brainer for parts, it hurts the collection but definately the correct parts were used.

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Very nice.  The brighter blue i wasnt sure about at first, but I think it really adds something more to the figure, and the combination of parts really spruces him up.

Makes me want to add a better Jango to my Mando collection:)

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
I started these last night and still need to work on the guns and back packs but thought that I would show you guys where I am @ with these commando's. These are tough guys to get good solid refrences from, I think that a lot of my paint applicantions are similar but might not be dead on:

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
I commented more at RS, but again, nice job!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Good looking squad, ready to kick some droid ass.   ;D

:)