Author Topic: stormtrippers customs Nov 04 (last page)  (Read 36246 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: stormtrippers customs (sept 16th 2007) huge update
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2007, 06:01 PM »
That's quite a collection of work there. Some of it is better than others. What time period was this stuff done over? So much to comment on yet so little time to actually write something meaningful.  So I will pick just one that being the mandalorian with the batman microman legs.

I like the idea you are going for here. He's a SA mandal. The problem is the legs are far out of proportion from the body. They are just too long. I'd suggest using legs from a microsister. They should be more portional to the punisher torso. Microsisters are basically a smaller scale microlady but with just as much actuation. They are also great if you are going to hollow out some armor to put over the legs. I think this will make it look less stork like and more armored.

I don't know if you saw my SA Scorch but there is a full microlady body under the armor. It's all covered with a latex balloon to act as a body glove. I think this would look really cool with you punisher torso and boba fett head.

I see alot of great stuff there. Keep it up!! :)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2007, 07:00 PM »
Thats a really old custom m_p, from almost a year ago. It has long been scrapped and recycled! I did happen to catch a look at your scorch and think that it is very well planned out. Very smart use of a dremel. I had not posted here in approx a year and was viewing my customs at yakface. I would like to branch out again and show some more customs and have then critiqued (as you have done)
Thanks for the comments.
J

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: stormtrippers customs (sept 18th pg 5, updates)
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2007, 09:13 PM »

I was wondering about parts on this guy. I notice the shin guards from Clone Wars Saesee Tiin, body of Firespeeder Pilot, and pike from SOTE Imperial Guard Luke, but what is that helmet from or what parts did you us to make it. Also what is on the torso? Or am I seeing things? Thanks

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2007, 09:55 PM »
Definately post more of your customs. I really like them. You gave me a great idea for my vintage imperial transport. I wonder what a clone wars version would look like. hmmm. ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2007, 09:45 AM »
You're not kidding, huge update! Great stuff. Some items really wowed me like the Vintage Troop transport and some of the wookies. Really well done.

Would love to see a group shot of all your customs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2007, 04:46 PM »
If Tripper doesn't mind me stepping in, I know where the helmet's from.  It's a little-known fodder source, one I've used for years actually. ;)  The visor's movable if he didn't glue it down or onto a different head.  Very cool.  I actually use those figures "as-is" myself as they're already sci-fi figures.

I won't give away his surprise, just thought I'd tease a little.  They're great pieces.  Great customs too, as always stormtripper!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2007, 05:53 PM »
If Tripper doesn't mind me stepping in, I know where the helmet's from.  It's a little-known fodder source, one I've used for years actually. ;)  The visor's movable if he didn't glue it down or onto a different head.  Very cool.  I actually use those figures "as-is" myself as they're already sci-fi figures.

I won't give away his surprise, just thought I'd tease a little.  They're great pieces.  Great customs too, as always stormtripper!

That doesn't help me at all Jesse :P ;D.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2007, 07:54 PM »
I like many of those alot!  For some reason, that last one of the Rodain with the trenchcoat jumped out at me.  It looks like it was very simple, yet it looks very Star Wars!  On the others, you use some really interesting and unique parts.  they all look good.

I did this one a few years ago.

Although, I thought of him as a new character.  You're right though, that body and head do lendthemselves to each other very well.

Nice work all around!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:00 PM by Siths Herald »
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2007, 01:25 AM »
Trip's not replied so I'll spill the beans.

A toy line called "Robotix" was out in the 80's.  Sort of Lego, sort of Erector sets, all based in robotic engineering concepts.  The toy went out of print and was bought by a company callled Learning Curve.  LC produced toys as well as instructional sets for classroom settings.  The sets had action figures in around the 3.75" scale, and that head is at least in part one of those figures.  They were all guys in space suits and things, wtih flip-up visors.  Fairly simple paint aps but detailed sculpting.  The figures are a hair short, but work ultimately, and make nice fodder (if not a little underarticulated).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2007, 06:48 AM »
Oh man! Thats where I had seen that before! In childhood!
Always wanted Robotix as a kid but never got any. I loved the Cartoon.
I used to see them in the store and wish I had them.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2007, 03:30 AM »
They're a toy I've found very useful/cool for Star Wars diorama making and general fun.  The kids and I messed around with a set once and set up figures with it...  It's a good toy for kids in general, but for a SW nerd like me, it's a bonus toy because it blends in well with figures. ;)

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2007, 10:11 PM »
Thanks Jesse for handling that question for me, to be honest i couldn't remember the toy line anyway so I would not have been much help. Sorry everyone that I couldn't get back to you sooner, my computer was really acting up and I had no internet access, that of course has been rectified. Thank you everyone for your comments BTW...
No the questions etc..
roron corrob
the body armour is from packs of soldiers that I found at a sears liquidation.. They were super cheap and had some great accessorys. Seen here:

Darth_Anton
I will get a group shot of the customs I still own, I have sold some (on craigslist)and traded some with my buddy that owns a toy store.

The troop transport was a lot of fun to make, picked it up realitivly cheap and had full intentions of moding it. I like vehicle customs but they are pretty expensive so I will stick with speeders etc.

Siths Herald
Very similar, yeah I agree that they work very well together.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2007, 01:57 AM »
Tripper, those accessories are from POwer Team Elite (PTE) figures.  Big Lots brings them in around fall to sell, and if you think the little bits are cool, you gotta see the BIG bits. :)  Check out the "21st Century Toys" thread in our Other Toys section here if you wanna see some pics of the line.  I buy the sets at Big Lots uber cheap and usually sell the figures to a friend while keeping the gear (anything from crates, barrels, and boxes all the way up to watch towers, bridges, and buildings!). 

Very cool custom fodder and ultimate diorama gear.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 9, 2007, 02:49 AM »
Here is a small update, I posted these at yakface as well..

First up is Klaw Ripz, a shistavanen hunter / tracker. He is often used by the rebels for his services and has no love for the empire. Klaw is a loner that studies martial arts, weapons training and loves romantic walks on the moonlit beach and can be counted on to slip behind an enemy line and quitely "take them out"

Next up is another wookiee, I have been slowly working my way through my wookiees to add something unique to each of them. I wanted the arms/forearms to be hairier, so I used another ROTS wookiees forearms, hands to achieve this. I had to cut and alter in a few places but I think it looks much better. I like the new mc-snowtrooper blaster and thought that it was a natural fit. The shouder pads are space lego face shields and they hold no prob.. I also added a claw arm band to his arm, was meant to be a necklace but with the hair shoots from his giant melon it didn't look good.

My addition to the yakface challenge.. I hate this guys legs, so I swapped them with good old pote snitkins and repainted him to get a rougher image.

Here is my concept rebel honour guard, I like how this guy ended up, I think that it looks like something that we could have seen a new hope. What do you think?

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 9, 2007, 02:52 AM »
Incase you missed these a week or 2 ago..

Fanfic soldier with Armour

without armour

Another fanfic soldier

I repainted this guy and took away his double lightsaber weapon, the silver was too much..

Rodian spy