Author Topic: Need suggestions on a helmet (update)  (Read 4615 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: Need suggestions on a helmet (update)
« Reply #15 on: June 1, 2006, 11:43 PM »
As far as the armor goes, if these guys are pilots, I still think a pilot style jump suit with removable flak protection would be a cool idea. 

That in an interesting idea, so you are saying use the Clone Pilot body and add the armor I have picture above? Like the Obi-Wan in the Jedi vs Sith bp? I might have to work on that. Then I could use less of the armor to make him more like the Scout type armor, but still give him the protection I think a combat pilot would have going into a hot LZ. Awesome idea, thanks.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 1, 2006, 11:51 PM »
As far as the armor goes, if these guys are pilots, I still think a pilot style jump suit with removable flak protection would be a cool idea. 

That in an interesting idea, so you are saying use the Clone Pilot body and add the armor I have picture above? Like the Obi-Wan in the Jedi vs Sith bp? I might have to work on that. Then I could use less of the armor to make him more like the Scout type armor, but still give him the protection I think a combat pilot would have going into a hot LZ. Awesome idea, thanks.
roron corobb

Yup that was the idea I was going for.  Maybe you could use a AT-AT driver body or Firespeeder pilot for the jumpsuit if you wanted to experiment a little.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 2, 2006, 12:18 AM »
I don't have a AT-AT driver to use, but I can get the Firespeeder Pilot. I was looking for the head of one, so maybe I'll just go get one and see what I can come up with. Thank you for that totally cool idea.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 2, 2006, 02:59 PM »
I just love this idea.  Any of them would look great.  I'm inspired by your conceptual mock up patterns.  I'm leaning toward NO reinforcement.  My personal fave is the helmet wit hsnowtroper visor and no Baccara side flaps but I really like all of them.  May I try my hand at this? 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 2, 2006, 06:09 PM »
I just love this idea.  Any of them would look great.  I'm inspired by your conceptual mock up patterns.  I'm leaning toward NO reinforcement.  My personal fave is the helmet wit hsnowtroper visor and no Baccara side flaps but I really like all of them.  May I try my hand at this? 

I don't mind at all. I haven't made my mind up on the helmet yet as I have got so many great ideas from all. I think my hang up on the whole thing is the flatness of the Snowtrooper helmet itself. I may round the sides a bit and see what all the piece look like together. Every one of my customs start out like this, if I don't know what look I'm after. I have a Mando that I'm also working on just like this, but I want to keep a secret until I'm done with him. Once I get a little farther down the line with is custom I may make some casts of the base and finish a few different version of the helmet for the complete test shots for everyone to see. Thanks again for all the help.
roron corobb
my feedback link