Author Topic: Create-A-Commander contest!  (Read 16100 times)

Offline Beedo

• Youngling
  • Ch'es boku tuuta *ris ta tlenko nya koska!
    • View Profile
    • Beedo Sookcool's Cool Sci-Fi Page
Create-A-Commander contest!
« on: May 28, 2006, 08:15 PM »

Beedo Sookcool presents: The Create-A-Commander Contest!

The Grand Army of the Republic needs to outfit its Clones for the increasingly dangerous war effort! The Shadow Troopers are preparing to ship out for Utapau, but their Commander needs to gear up adequately, or the mission will fail. Help us customize the Utapau Shadow Trooper Commander into one bad mammajamma!

Click on over to the Create-A-Commander page and scroll down to Part II. Then, start thinking of ways to make the Shadow Trooper Commander even better and find out how to submit your ideas.  (Or, you can just as easily post them here.)

There are prizes to be won. Up to three stonkingly cool ideas can qualify. And let me put it this way: if you're having trouble with, shall we say, certain aspects of the Ultimate Galactic Hunt, entering a really good idea may very well help you bag that most elusive of exclusives . . . . I will say no more on the subject.

Except that you have until 31 July 2006 to submit your ideas for consideration. But the submissions started trickling in within five minutes of the initial announcement, so get cracking!

"...cross me, and you'll soon discover that under this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."

-Lord Edmund Blackadder II

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
Re: Create-A-Commander contest!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 08:39 PM »
1. Add comander binocs,  but with the slit painted green for night vision effect. (paint a #33 head to match the shadow trooper body)
2. Make a wrist launcher for a magnetic grappling hook (does not need to work)
3. Make a directional microphone gun with holster for evesdropping.
4. datapad, access cable, and pouch for the datapad on the kama.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline Beedo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 07:02 AM »
Spy Gear!  Excellent!
"...cross me, and you'll soon discover that under this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 11:33 AM »
make a pauldron out of leather.like this one http://chewie34.250free.com/052406starkid.jpg
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 11:40 AM by starkid500 »
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Beedo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Good, good . . . keep 'em coming!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Sounds pretty boring to me. I mean over the last year we have seen hundreds of thousands of clone variations. How about something simular on droids or bounty hunters instead?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 04:24 PM »
how about this....a neck post swap from the gunner clone with the removable helmet...onto the shadow trooper body....then re-paint the helmet...then sculpt on a datapad holster on one leg and a pistol holster on the other...then take the visor from the normal comander and re-paint that...then put that on the helmet...and hey presto...shadow trooper commander! let me know what you think...im considering making this now
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Sounds pretty boring to me. I mean over the last year we have seen hundreds of thousands of clone variations. How about something simular on droids or bounty hunters instead?

I'm going to have to agree with Phruby on this one. Clones have been done to death. I'm sick of them.

This could be cool with some other more creative type of custom.
"This is the way."

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 07:55 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with Phruby on this one. Clones have been done to death. I'm sick of them.

But some of us still like making clones.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Beedo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 10:03 PM »

Because I know what I want to do with all my droids and bounty hunters and suchlike.  I just happen to have a Shadow Trooper I wanted to customise into a commander and thought it might be fun for others to join in, since there are so many possibilities to explore.  And have a chance at a prize while they're at it.  So you're sick of clones.  Then why not avoid this thread?  Why be a spoilsport about it?  Why mar my return to the Fan forums for the first time in something like a frickin' year?

Okay.  So you guys don't want a chance at a George Lucas in Stormtrooper Gear.  No skin off my nose.  And people wonder why I don't come back to the forums often.  ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 10:14 PM »
I'd be up for this, but I am so freaking busy lately.  Work, trying to keep up with my photonovels, personal stuff, etc.  Sounds like it would be fun though.

:)

Offline Beedo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 10:17 PM »
how about this....a neck post swap from the gunner clone with the removable helmet...onto the shadow trooper body....then re-paint the helmet...then sculpt on a datapad holster on one leg and a pistol holster on the other...then take the visor from the normal comander and re-paint that...then put that on the helmet...and hey presto...shadow trooper commander! let me know what you think...im considering making this now

Hmmm.  A total head-swap.  Daring.  Sounds intriguing, for sure.  Not sure if I could pull it off, though.  (For one thing, I don't have any spare Removable-Helmet Clones.)  But it's a darn nifty idea.  If you finish your own version before the contest deadline is up, post it here so we can see what it looks like!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 09:46 AM »
I just happen to have a Shadow Trooper I wanted to customise into a commander and thought it might be fun for others to join in, since there are so many possibilities to explore.  And have a chance at a prize while they're at it.

... And think about it, guys and gals -- how often in our hobby do we have a chance to be REWARDED for our fine ideas and artistic efforts?  As in, actually tangibly REWARDED?  This is one of the few such chances I've ever seen.  And if it's a clone, well, they are some of the more versatile types of custom figure out there, as far as sheer number of customizing possibilities.  Which only increases the number of suggestions for which one can be REWARDED!

So let's have a moratorium on the Negative Nelly-ism, shall we?  After all, no one's holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to participate. 

To reiterate my own suggestion: the lighter gray bits might be repainted a darker color -- doesn't have to be black like the rest of the armor, but just a darker gunmetal type gray.  (Do what you need to do to avoid trouble with the ball joints, however.)  I like VF/501's suggestions of spy gear, too.

... the Findswoman

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 09:51 AM »
Rewarded? I'll believe it when I see it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 10:16 AM »
Rewarded? I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, whatever you like.  Beedo's been a good friend of mine for a while now, and for what it's worth, I can personally vouch for his integrity on this issue.  If he says he'll reward the three most creative suggestions, he'll do it.  He's done it before.  I've never had any occasion to doubt his integrity on this sort of thing -- nor has anyone he's every traded or transacted with on the various forums.  So let's at least give the guy a chance, eh?

... the Findswoman