Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets  (Read 59402 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Set
« Reply #105 on: August 4, 2006, 03:51 AM »
They're big enough to hold 4 figures open. They never showed it closed, unless I didnt see it, so I don't know if it works closed.
I remember my dream now.

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 4, 2006, 09:06 AM »
Just get me that cantina band set.  Fig'rin Dann & the Modal Nodes!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 5, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Sure looks like Jango's face, though it's more difficult to say because just the face is exposed.

If that is Jango that's the worst Fett head sculpt EVER!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 5, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Sure looks like Jango's face, though it's more difficult to say because just the face is exposed. However, I remember reading something somewhere that Hasbro intends to continue with the Jango heads on all Troopers. I think it was a report from comic-con.

The Sandtrooper and the Snowtrooper that are in the 30th Anniversary tins both have the removable helmets.  Both of the face sculpts look like those of previously released Clone Troopers.  They seem to most closely resemble the AT-TE Tank Gunner from the ROTS line. 

The Scout Trooper is a little tougher to suss out since most of the head is obscured by the helmet, but there's an overall likeness to it that resembles the Clones.  But the Scout Trooper is the real head scratcher here.  In fact, I think that the ROTJ tin could actually hurt sales of the Endor AT-AT since both sets feature a Scout Trooper with the flip up facemask.  Add in the fact that the Scout Trooper packed in with the AT-AT is the POTJ sculpt, and the ROTJ tin has a modified VTSC Scout and I think Hasbro might have people turning away from the AT-AT.  I'm certainly questioning the possibility of buying the new AT-AT now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 5, 2006, 02:03 PM »
If you want a removable Scout helmet, buy one off Ebay if you don't want another AT-AT. But since the tin has an SA one who cares. I'm buying the AT-AT for the ship itself & the driver since I don't have one.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #110 on: August 6, 2006, 09:31 AM »
Sure looks like Jango's face, though it's more difficult to say because just the face is exposed. However, I remember reading something somewhere that Hasbro intends to continue with the Jango heads on all Troopers. I think it was a report from comic-con.

The Sandtrooper and the Snowtrooper that are in the 30th Anniversary tins both have the removable helmets.  Both of the face sculpts look like those of previously released Clone Troopers.  They seem to most closely resemble the AT-TE Tank Gunner from the ROTS line. 

The Scout Trooper is a little tougher to suss out since most of the head is obscured by the helmet, but there's an overall likeness to it that resembles the Clones.  But the Scout Trooper is the real head scratcher here.  In fact, I think that the ROTJ tin could actually hurt sales of the Endor AT-AT since both sets feature a Scout Trooper with the flip up facemask.  Add in the fact that the Scout Trooper packed in with the AT-AT is the POTJ sculpt, and the ROTJ tin has a modified VTSC Scout and I think Hasbro might have people turning away from the AT-AT.  I'm certainly questioning the possibility of buying the new AT-AT now.

Well said, i will be passing on the At-At now that i can get the figure in the tin.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 6, 2006, 01:00 PM »

Well said, i will be passing on the At-At now that i can get the figure in the tin.

The one caveat to keep in mind though is that while both Biker Scouts have the flip-up visor, they ARE different figures.  The POTJ mold Scout Trooper is packed with the AT-AT and the VTSC Scout Trooper is packed with the 30th Anniversary tin.  If you have to have one of every figure, then you might have a bit of a quandry.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2006, 01:14 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 6, 2006, 04:25 PM »
I know I would prefer to have the VTSC mold with the flip up visor. But I still don't know if I wanna pay the money for the tins yet.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2006, 04:13 AM »
I gotta say that these have grown on me...  I dont' know if it's the general decent overall quality of the figures or what.  I like the looks of the tins themselves too...  The price bugs me, but getting many of those figures is a big plus to me so I'm looking at a set of these at least, if not two sets actually. 

I'm a little bummed at certain figures not being in the basic line and no guarantees on them ever being there again, but things like the all-white AT-RT Driver are a neat "extra" to have for my collecting tastes.

The tin is an appealing collectible itself too...  So while I wasn't real keen on these at first due to price I'm finding my opinion changing on them a bit.  I'd love to get more of certain figures individually but alas that seems like it won't be happening.  Such is life I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2006, 10:12 AM »
What these should of been:
TPM:
Red Naboo Astro Droid (Stays the same)
Darth Mual (Evo re-hash w/ New Arms & Head)
Qui-Gon Jinn (New,SA)
Battle Droid (POTJ Security Re-pack)

AOTC:
Anakin Skywalker (Stays the Same)
Clone Trooper (Stays the same)
Count Dooku (ROTS re-pack, so I don't have to buy the GB version)
Jango Fett (New,SA)

ROTS:
Anakin Skywalker (Stays the Same)
Yoda (Stays the Same)
AT-RT Driver (Stays the same)
Mace Windu (New,SA)

ANH:
Darth Vader (Stays the Same)
Sand Trooper (Stays the Same)
Princess Leia (VOTC re-pack)
C-3PO (TSC Diety re-paint, Tatooine Dirty)

ESB:
Chewbacca (Stays the Same)
Lando Calrissian (VOTC re-pack)
R2-D2 (R4-G9 re-paint)
Han Solo (Hoth,New,SA)

ROTJ:
Scout Trooper (Stays the Same)
Darth Vader (Stays the Same)
Wedge Antilles (VTSC Luke re-hash w/ New Head)
Admiral Ackbar (New,SA)

Nah, they should all have been straight re-packs. That way there's no temptation what-so-ever to pick up openers. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2006, 11:26 AM »

The one caveat to keep in mind though is that while both Biker Scouts have the flip-up visor, they ARE different figures.  The POTJ mold Scout Trooper is packed with the AT-AT and the VTSC Scout Trooper is packed with the 30th Anniversary tin.  If you have to have one of every figure, then you might have a bit of a quandry.

Maybe a few years ago i would have had a problem. Now, the one with the tin is good enough. If they were to have different faces, then that woul dbe a problem  :o
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2006, 02:14 PM »
God dammit, they ended up using the VOTC Stormie sculpt for the ANH set. Now I have to buy it... ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Packaged and loose photos of all three original trilogy tin sets at GH

Looks like that ESB Chewie has an all-new headsculpt... And dandruff on his toes. Cool that the Sandtrooper is the VOTC mold, but why didn't they use the VOTc mold for the GL Stormie? I'll be passing on all the sets.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Cool that the Sandtrooper is the VOTC mold, but why didn't they use the VOTc mold for the GL Stormie?

Could be that the VOTC molds were tied up while the Saga2 Sandtrooper was in production.

That happened last year with the #6 and #41 Clonetroopers. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."