Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets  (Read 59887 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Set
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2006, 11:34 PM »
I still have yet to see any tins, but the OT ones are the only ones I'm interested in.  I haven't been to TRU yet, though, which I imagine has them in stock.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2006, 02:13 PM »
I still have yet to see any tins, but the OT ones are the only ones I'm interested in.  I haven't been to TRU yet, though, which I imagine has them in stock.

yes, they have a ton of 'em. However the ANH one may be a hard find. mine was the last one when i bought it, yet there were still at least 5 ESB's and a couple ROTJ's too.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2006, 10:23 AM »
For some reason, I find it strange that everyone is going ga-ga over the Sandtrooper as opposed to the scout trooper. Can anyone explain that to me?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Well, they didn't charge me any tax on my order for these...  now that they are separated from TRU, taxes at Amazon are set by where you live and who is shipping you the stuff.

Sweet.  I may just have to order those.

Following Jeff's tips.  I ordered three of the OT sets from Amazon.  No Tax, Free Super Saver Shipping and by spending $20 more on other christmas gifts, a $20 gift certificate too.  Too good of a deal to pass up.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2006, 12:17 AM »
I got my Tins in the mail today from Amazon, and I must say I am much more excited over these three tins than the prequel sets.

In the prequel sets, I only kept 5 figures: R2-R9 (new repaint), Clone Trooper (Blue repaint), Jango Fett (kit-bash), Yoda (accessory kit-bash), and AT-RT Driver (White repaint).  I ditched the other 7 because they were straight repacks (the soft goods cloaks did nothing for me).

With the OT sets, I'll end up keeping 9 figures: Sandtrooper (new head), ANH Vader (new head/torso), Snowtrooper (new head), Hoth Han (brown coat, snow deco), Hoth Luke (snow deco, no damage face), Hoth Chewie (snow deco), Scout (VTSC with new head), Endor Rebel (new head), and Endor Leia (much nicer than PLC version).

It's surprising how going from liking less than 50%of the figures in the first 3 tins to liking 75% of the figures in the next 3 tins can change your opinion on these.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2006, 09:21 AM »
I got my last tin set (ESB) from Amazon yesterday as well, and I like these OT tins as well.  I've seen the PT tins at our local WM, but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on those.  I'd like another Evolutions Anakin, and R2-R9, but I don't want to pay $30 for two figures basically.  If they go on clearance, I might consider it.  I kind of like the tins as well, just something different in the collection I guess.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2006, 12:03 AM »
ripped ep. IV and VI open. its official...my MOC completist days are over.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2006, 04:41 AM »
I almost caved and bought the EP2 tin for the Blue Clone. But then I came to my senses.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2006, 10:38 AM »
I opened up my PT tins yesterday.  The Darth Maul I received has a factory error closed hand and can't hold his lightsaber.  So, if you are an opener and this is important to you.  Make sure you look closely at the package.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2006, 09:43 AM »
Reports are coming in that shelf tags at Target are going up with Tin prices tags. Someone told me that they're priced at $25.99, but I can't confirm that.

Saw a bunch of the OT ones sitting at TRU durring the middle of the day. Hope that's a sign of things to come.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 09:44 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Reports are coming in that shelf tags at Target are going up with Tin prices tags. Someone told me that they're priced at $25.99, but I can't confirm that.

I saw the tins at my local Target this AM - shelf said $24.99 plus tax (DPCI 087-06-0534).  They only had the prequel sets, but it's definitely the cheapest price in town. 

They had a whole endcap set up with the Mace Battle Packs, the GH Cinema Scene 10pks ($19.99) and a spot for the Mini-Unleashed 10-packs as well...

edit: a few of the MN guys have reported that at some local Targets the tins are ringing up on sale for $23.74 despite the $24.99 shelf tag.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 01:47 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2006, 01:50 PM »
TRU in Canada is selling these for $39.99 plus taxes :o

The Walmart tin has been spotted too, for the more reasonable$29.99+. 

Pass.  LMK when they hit $15.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2006, 05:01 AM »
edit: a few of the MN guys have reported that at some local Targets the tins are ringing up on sale for $23.74 despite the $24.99 shelf tag.

Sounds like your Target's have done the resets already Jeff...  Mine haven't.  I was out tonight and Mace BP's were in the back room yet but were showing on sale ($1 off) on the computers... hah.

So I bought 3 since I had to get one as an X-Mas gift for someone and 2 for moi...  Cool set too, but I'm really ok with this kind of stuff (the EU repaints that is).

In relation to your note about the price too Jeff, I looked up the Tins because I haven't bought any yet and they rang up in the computer $23.74 out here at the Target I was at but none were in stock here yet.  Weird price I thought...  Since I've not picked these up (and TRU here only got in one full set of either wave it seems), I'm holding out hope I find them readily available at Target or Wal-Mart at some point soon.

So far, neither of those retailers have them here though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2006, 02:18 PM »
The sandie is IMHO cooler than the scout because it could be used as a stormie.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2006, 01:56 PM »
I almost caved and bought the EP2 tin for the Blue Clone. But then I came to my senses.  ;D

Yeah, I saw the prequel sets yesterday, but I'm NOT giving Hasbro my money for ONE new figure and THREE I either already have or don't want. I know I can trade/sell the others here, but I'd rather just save my cash for cooler stuff. I may pick these up if they're clearanced out, if not then it's no big loss.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks